• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
You missed the point. That's what i am trying to tell you. MHXX having more comg points mean nothing because of the ratio between the two platforms.

Nope, you're the one missing my point. I wasn't saying that MHW won't reach 1m FW, just that saying that it was "like a guarantee to sell >1m FW if it keeps tracking in COMG like it's now" was not remotely true because even having indicators that could support that (like having more preorders than DQXI) there's also other indicators that point to not reaching 1m FW like precedents of previous MH titles not doing it with more preorders. Besides, COMG has never been reliable for ensuring certain amount of sales for a first week (but we already know that when the numbers suits anything it becomes the "most accurate tool evah" for predicting Japanese sales :P). So whatever statistic or COMG numbers you could give me are meaningless for the point I was trying to make. Just like this:

If a 3DS game scores 100pt on COMG and a PS4 scores 80pt, it will be the PS4 game that will have a bigger op and not the 3DS game. At least that's happening in 9 out of 10 occasions.

If a MH game scores more pt than other MH game, it will have a bigger op. At least that's happening in 10 out of 10 occasions. See? ;)

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, you're the one missing my point. I wasn't saying that MHW won't reach 1m FW, just that saying that it was "like a guarantee to sell >1m FW if it keeps tracking in COMG like it's now" was not remotely true because even having indicators that could support that (like having more preorders than DQXI) there's also other indicators that point to not reaching 1m FW like precedents of previous MH titles not doing it with more preorders. Besides, COMG has never been reliable for ensuring certain amount of sales for a first week (but we already know that when the numbers suits anything it becomes the "most accurate tool evah" for predicting Japanese sales :P). So whatever statistic or COMG numbers you could give me are meaningless for the point I was trying to make. Just like this:

Yeah... not only you missed the point, you also lost the point completely. You say that COMG numbers or statistics are meaningless but you based your opinion on those. You are clearly confused. Of course COMG isn't reliable but this has nothing with what we are discussing now. We are only using to roughly predict the debut of the game and to see the interest compared to other games. Same as Amazon.

If a MH game scores more pt than other MH game, it will have a bigger op. At least that's happening in 10 out of 10 occasions. See? ;)

Again, that's not the point. Today, if a MH game had 200pt on 3DS and 180 on PS4, it would probably open higher on PS4. Each system has it's own ratio on COMG. If you are arguing about that then you clearly haven't realized how the trend goes.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
User was warned: This is a dissgussion board, telling people are unwelcome to discuss is counterintuitive
Yeah... not only you missed the point, you also lost the point completely. You say that COMG numbers or statistics are meaningless but you based your opinion on those. You are clearly confused. Of course COMG isn't reliable but this has nothing with what we are discussing now. We are only using to roughly predict the debut of the game and to see the interest compared to other games. Same as Amazon.

Again, that's not the point. Today, if a MH game had 200pt on 3DS and 180 on PS4, it would probably open higher on PS4. Each system has it's own ratio on COMG. If you are arguing about that then you clearly haven't realized how the trend goes.

Didn't know you replied here. I'll try to be as nice as I can (no hard feelings) but you have no business in saying I missed the point (or calling me confused) in this discussion because I started it with Psycho_Mantis and then you got in the middle with other things. So seeing that you're not me and unless you're an alt account for Psycho_Mantis you have no authority in saying what we were discussing or what was the main topic. I think that this makes a lot of sense, right?

In any case I'll try to explain again for the last time what I was trying to convey. This is what Psycho_Mantis said:

MHW-74.jpg

If MHW keeps doing well like this, 1 million+ FW seems like a guarantee.

And this is my reply:

Why? Because is trailing above DQXI? It's also trailing behind MHXX and that game debuted with 850.000 at retail, so nothing is guaranteed.

I bolded the important parts. He thinks if it keeps tracking like that it'll do 1m FW guaranteed and I say that nothing is guaranteed (this is not the same as saying "it's not probable" btw). There are strong arguments supporting both sides so saying that one side is guaranteed (be it "it'll have a >1m FW" or "it'll have a <1m FW") is simply not true. Even you said that we're using COMG pt to "roughly predict" when Psycho_Mantis is saying "seems like a guarantee". Do you see it now? That's why I didn't care that you were talking about digital, bundles or COMG trends because my point was that it is impossible to say that something is guaranteed based on COMG pt. That's it, simple as that.

I'll stop answering here because I don't like to bump old threads when there are new ones created so if you want to keep discussing this throw me a PM or bring it to the new thread (seeing that Psycho_Mantis just did that too).

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He thinks if it keeps tracking like that it'll do 1m FW guaranteed

I said it seems like a guarantee. a 1300pt PS4 game seemed like a guaranteed 1 million+ FW seller. Note the word seemed. I know the translation between COMG and retail sales isn't entirely predictable. If I was to rephrase it: a very high likelihood.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
I said it seems like a guarantee. a 1300pt PS4 game seemed like a guaranteed 1 million+ FW seller. Note the word seemed. I know the translation between COMG and retail sales isn't entirely predictable. If I was to rephrase it: a very high likelihood.

Ok, that sounds better! :) I know that if it beats DQXI COMG pt it has a good chance to reach 1m FW but the guarantee word "irked" me because I got flashbacks from Mpl90 and his COMG posts several years ago and... shivers :S

I asked you for some COMG pt/FW 3DS/PS4 comparisons in the new thread just to check the difference in sales having more or less the same points.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know you replied here. I'll try to be as nice as I can (no hard feelings) but you have no business in saying I missed the point (or calling me confused) in this discussion because I started it with Psycho_Mantis and then you got in the middle with other things. So seeing that you're not me and unless you're an alt account for Psycho_Mantis you have no authority in saying what we were discussing or what was the main topic. I think that this makes a lot of sense, right?

You can't be for real... First time in all these years of broswing forums that i see someone saying that i have no authority in saying what two members were discussing. In case you haven't noticed this is a forum...

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
You can't be for real... First time in all these years of broswing forums that i see someone saying that i have no authority in saying what two members were discussing. In case you haven't noticed this is a forum...

I didn't say that you can't say anything, just that you can't just say "you're missing the point or clearly confused" because I created the point with Psycho_Mantis. And as I said in my previous post, you're most than welcome joining our discussion in the new thread :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/me...5-2017-nov-06-nov-12.6218/page-4#post-1003758

Status
Not open for further replies.