• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
We'll see tomorrow if there is new stock for Ring Fit Adventure and if so, how fast it sells out again.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2019 (Oct 28 - Nov 03)

01./00. [PS4] Persona 5 Royal # <RPG> (Atlus) {2019.10.31} (¥8.800)
02./00. [NSW] Luigi's Mansion 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.10.31} (¥5.980)
03./02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980)
04./01. [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2019.10.25} (¥7.900)
05./00. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 <SPT> (Sega) {2019.11.01} (¥5.990)
06./09. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200)
07./10. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980)
08./04. [NSW] Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town <SLG> (Marvelous) {2019.10.17} (¥5.800)
09./08. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.09.27} (¥7.980)
10./00. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} (¥5.980)

Top 10

NSW - 8
PS4 - 2

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
We are still at the very begining of November but the Switch aleady has several big 3rd party games announced for it next year :

- Puzzle & Dragons
- Persona 5 Scramble
- One Piece Warriors 4
- Trials of Mana
- Rune Factory 5
- Inazuma Eleven
- Momotaro Dentetsu
- Hatsune Miku Mega39's

That's bigger than the announced Nintendo 1st party games (at the exception of AC)

I think RF5 and Momotaro will be the only ones with a chance of selling over 200K on Switch. It's a pretty sad state of affairs tbh.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
1 week to pokemon. are lines at the stores expected?

Week day release, so nope.

Looks like a second Fire Emblem Expo will be held next year. They're really nurturing that FE fanbase, heh.

www.intsys.co.jp

INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD.

すべてのファイアーエムブレムファンへ向けてのイベント、「ファイアーエムブレム EXPO II」は、原画や立体パネルで彩る「ギャラリー」と、バンドライブ&ドラマ構成の「ステージ」でお贈りするイベントです!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Week day release, so nope.

Looks like a second Fire Emblem Expo will be held next year. They're really nurturing that FE fanbase, heh.

www.intsys.co.jp

INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD.

すべてのファイアーエムブレムファンへ向けてのイベント、「ファイアーエムブレム EXPO II」は、原画や立体パネルで彩る「ギャラリー」と、バンドライブ&ドラマ構成の「ステージ」でお贈りするイベントです!
Surely they'll announce a new Advance Wars there!

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate had some lines at big retailers despite being a week day release.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
So, just to be clear: how big is / was this week's shipment for Ring Fit Adventure? Is there still stock available at retailers that aren't Amazon.co.jp?

Also, since they have yet to be posted:

First-day sell-throughs

[NSW] [PS4] Fortnite: Dark Fire Bundle - 20%, NSW > PS4

[NSW] Sumikko Gurashi the Movie: The Pop-Up Book and the Secret Child – Let's Play the Worlds of Picture Books in a Game! - 10%

+

Initial impressions

[PS4] Death Stranding - Ok departure

hiska-kun, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong / if I've forgotten anything.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
I feel like the title for the best launch on Switch will be extremely close, if it wasn't for the vouchers Pokémon probably could've taken it comfortably but now an opening similar to Smash Ultimate is highly likely.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
I see, thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. Over 137 million views on that video, thats a lot!

Fair enough that its about long term, although havnt people been talking about it for a while now? Its been 3 years since their last Vita release. I dont think it was expected that Falcom would have record earnings after this. But we'll see how things go in the next years.

Do we know anything about what Falcom has in their pipeline by the way?

On this subject, i noticed that some games had strong digital sales despite the savings not being that big. Its still maybe around a 1000 yen saving, but that relatively small compared to what the saving were for Fire Emblem and Astral Chain. Are the vouchers of unlimited supply in Japan by the way? As in, can people just buy as many vouchers as they like?

The discussions in the past were focused on sales trends, now we are at the predictable situation in which PS4 sales slowed down considerably to a critical point in Japan, something that won't improve over the next 12 months and there's also the needed upcoming transition to PS5, which still is an unknown quantity at this point.

Therefore I'm not that surprised that despite having a good run financially in the past few years (but still with decline in sales for their new games, be it CS3+4 compared to CS1+2 and Ys9 compared to Ys8), it seems to be finally catching up. Falcom themselves predicting a 30% decline in profits is a good indication.

Avada Kedavra

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Any attempt at moving the goalpost doesn't change the fact that Falcom expects a very notable decline in profits and that Japan still is by far the most significant market to them. A 30% decline in profits is in fact significant and not something that can be ignored, just to push a narrative.

If they miss deadlines for their yearly alternating main IPs, results will look even worse, a risk that could rise in future with the need for higher production values.
You're putting way too much faith in projections. Falcom notoriously has very conservative projections. Here's what they expected for 2019:

DreqWZmU8AADA_6.jpg:large

Here's what happened:

EIvy-w-WoAAAbqM.png:large

For 2020 they're projection more than what they projected for 2019 so there's absolutely no reason to freak out over projections.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll truly, truly never understand the obsession over Falcolm here.
They have their own dedicated niche that is very loyal. They make games for them and don't try much to expand. They don't take risks and as such are never really in trouble. That's it. Does it warrant such concern?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They have their own dedicated niche that is very loyal. They make games for them and don't try much to expand. They don't take risks and as such are never really in trouble. That's it. Does it warrant such concern?
Falcom's choice of platform is a good battleground for Nintendo fanboys vs. Sony fanboys so the Falcom discussion keeps on trucking

ACL

Nov 18, 2017

Never understood these passive agressive complaints. They recently released their financial report, that's what started the discussion.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never understood these passive agressive complaints. They recently released their financial report, that's what started the discussion.

Out of all the passive aggressive posts I make, this wasn't even one of them. I was genuinely wondering why the discussion was so tense about this very small publisher in particular. You don't see that many debates over, say, NIS, which is in a much worse state despite being a bigger publisher internationally. And that one deserves much more concern. Or idk Compile heart or whatever.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
I feel like the title for the best launch on Switch will be extremely close, if it wasn't for the vouchers Pokémon probably could've taken it comfortably but now an opening similar to Smash Ultimate is highly likely.

I would be kinda surprised if Pokémon does not beat Ultimate at least in Japan, even considering vouchers.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Out of all the passive aggressive posts I make, this wasn't even one of them. I was genuinely wondering why the discussion was so tense about this very small publisher in particular. You don't see that many debates over, say, NIS, which is in a much worse state despite being a bigger publisher internationally. And that one deserves much more concern. Or idk Compile heart or whatever.

NIS was often in the spotlight in these kind of discussions in the past. Falcom is a more recent reoccuring topic, one of the reasons is Kondos controversial statements in interviews and in front of investors in the past two years.

Oct 25, 2017
NIS was often in the spotlight in these kind of discussions in the past. Falcom is a more recent reoccuring topic, one of the reasons is Kondos controversial statements in interviews and in front of investors in the past two years.
I wouldn't really call that the same as the discussions with NIS.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Falcom's choice of platform is a good battleground for Nintendo fanboys vs. Sony fanboys so the Falcom discussion keeps on trucking
Of all developers, choosing to obsess on this one sure is weird to me.

Yeah for some reason Falcom is the conduit from which warriors posts tend to come out. Not saying the discussion here isn't justified, with financials coming out and what not, but relative to their importance in the market they got a lot of discussion.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017

Kind of difficult to have similar discussions about a publisher that starting with Switch isn't that Sony focused anymore. That most of their releases in the past few years sell badly is also something that doesn't get ignored. but as seen with the sales of a lot of their releases nowadays, they don't generate a lot of interest in general, most people simply don't care about NIS that much anymore. But what I was talking about is during the peak of Disgaeas popularity, especially during DS/PSP generation.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Never forget the endless discussions about Disgaea 5 back then.
Oh yes, when the future of third party support lay on it's it's small small hands. The Falcom discussion has also gotten into a life of it's own in terms of weirdness. If their current corporate strategy is working for them that's great. I have no idea why people people are so obsessed about how well that company is doing or where they port their games. They're a small developer if it matters so much to a person how about they support them on their platform of choice.

I mean laughing at the odd weird statement is fine but Falcom seems to be alright financially doing what their doing.

RPGamer2

Jul 19, 2018
Falcom has been making games since the 80's and have been ignoring Nintendo for the majority of the company's existence. The company is still around, still makes great games and Nintendo is still their secondary focus (if at all). I don't understand the focus on this company as well outside people like ACL who are in a CONSTANT state of controlled "concern". They tie Sony's weekly output for the PS4 in year 5.5 of the console to Falcom's FY2020 forecast...like who does that on a gaming forum? It's sad actually.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
The weird thing is that reasonable arguments about stagnation and possible decline, which by Falcoms own admission and forcast are realistic scenarios get your overdefensive reactions. The only ones that say nonsense like "Falcom is doomed" (sarcastically) are the ones that simply have no convincing arguments.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
I would be kinda surprised if Pokémon does not beat Ultimate at least in Japan, even considering vouchers.
It wouldn't be that much of a surprise tbh, the shipment for Pokémon looks to be around the same as Smash Ultimate , i don't remeber the exact shipment for Smash but it was also well over 1,5 million and Nintendo games usually only sell 60-80% of their shipment at launch so Pokémon will be fairly close to Ultimate at least close enough to not be a surpise regardless of which one "wins".

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be that much of a surprise tbh, the shipment for Pokémon looks to be around the same as Smash Ultimate , i don't remeber the exact shipment for Smash but it was also well over 1,5 million and Nintendo games usually only sell 60-80% of their shipment at launch so Pokémon will be fairly close to Ultimate at least close enough to not be a surpise regardless of which one "wins".
For clarity, Smash sold ~1.2 mil in its first 3 days, which was considered 75% of its initial shipment, so ~1.6 mil.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Falcom has been making games since the 80's and have been ignoring Nintendo for the majority of the company's existence. The company is still around, still makes great games and Nintendo is still their secondary focus (if at all). I don't understand the focus on this company as well outside people like ACL who are in a CONSTANT state of controlled "concern". They tie Sony's weekly output for the PS4 in year 5.5 of the console to Falcom's FY2020 forecast...like who does that on a gaming forum? It's sad actually.

I'm not concerned just stating the obvious and facts. At worst I make an educated and reasonable prediction. What exactly do you disagree with?

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that the decline of Pokémon will prevent it from having the largest switch launch.

With the vouchers, would we expect Pokémon to have a higher digital ratio?
X&Y and Sun & Moon had second and third biggest launches in the franchise history (only behind Black & White) and yet they are two the lowest selling games in the franchise. Pokemon has become more frontloaded in Japan so even if the total sales are down launch sales should still be very high.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
X&Y and Sun & Moon had second and third biggest launches in the franchise history (only behind Black & White) and yet they are two the lowest selling games in the franchise. Pokemon has become more frontloaded in Japan so even if the total sales are down launch sales should still be very high.
Imo it is partly because there were another Pokemon game the following year.

Past new gen Pokemon games (at the exception of Gold/Silver) got two years to breathe and build up legs.

This 2 years gap managed to make OR/AS the second best selling remakes in Japan.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also expect Pokémon to be up there with the biggest launches, but I think digital will take a bigger part this year, resulting in a lower retail launch than prior games.

IIRC I predicted in the Prediction League 2 millions for the first two days. It'd need a 1.6M debut followed by the usual -75% second week drop. However with vouchers in play, now I think it'll perform closer to 1.3-1.4M, and have a bigger digital ratio to compensate.

Using a 25% ratio (which was iirc a bit below how SMM2 performed, taking into account that it's a kids game and retail will thus be advantaged), a 1.3M retail debut would result roughly in a 1.7M launch with digital in. Still below X/Y or SuMo but that's what I'd expect based on the trend of Pokémon declining in Japan vs the ROTW.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Imo it is partly because there were another Pokemon game the following year.

Past new gen Pokemon games (at the exception of Gold/Silver) got two years to breathe and build up legs.

This 2 years gap managed to make OR/AS the second best selling remakes in Japan.
I feel like that had more to do with Pokemon Go.

People start acting crazy when GF skips a year too.