• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the sales of SK2 put a hamper on his overlook of the series on Nintendo, which is a shame as SK:B and 2 are fun and the rest of them less so.
I agree and dislike the direction the series is going. The gameplay in the 3DS games + the over the top action story were fun. Still he's being too drastic with this complete shift out of the portable market.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
looking at Breath of the Wild numbers. I did not realize it is not even at 600K yet. Anyone have a list of how it ranks among other Zeldas in Japan?

11./12. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 7.004 / 641.853 (+27%)

It is lower on Famitsu because it doesn't track Amazon sales IIRC and Zelda was bundled a lot on Amazon.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
11./12. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 7.004 / 641.853 (+27%)

It is lower on Famitsu because it doesn't track Amazon sales IIRC and Zelda was bundled a lot on Amazon.
Oh weird, I was looking at the wrong chart
guess there is still a chance for 1 million LTD

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
DPWf8jGU8AITI-5.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Early hints for Xenoblade 2 are that it will have comfortably the biggest opening so far. Maybe sinobi will give a more clear picture later. Where LTD will land depends on word of mouth and how much Nintendo wants to push it but at least for now it's included in the advertisent games that will be the flagship titles of holidays.

Sweet! I know I keep repeating this but Monolith-Soft deserves all the sales they can get, the amount of effort they put on each of their work deserves recognition.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
It's a rather poorly made character model in front of a JPG. No wonder it's $10, why did they give them a push during the early Nintendo Direct? lol
no idea why Nintendo supported it maybe they really wanted to show they had a lot of support for the Switch but they did not know what this game was going to be. But this kinda reminds me of when LOVE PLUS died as an IP

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
For Shinobi Refle, there's also about 3600JPY of DLC already. One character (same price as the game) and costumes. Guess they'll keep adding more, wonder if there'll be some sort of package when they'll localize it.

I would be very surprised if anyone localized this game. It just screams "JAPAN ONLY". But I could see them doing a packaged version in Japan when all the DLC is finished.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It's a rather poorly made character model in front of a JPG. No wonder it's $10, why did they give them a push during the early Nintendo Direct? lol
I'm pretty sure the producer said he was approached by Nintendo because they wanted this kind of franchise on the Switch.

The whole Senran Kagura/Switch situation is weird. The franchise started on 3DS, now Nintendo wants it back on their hot new console and the producer can't be bothered to release anything but low effort spin offs, and saying he doesn't see the mainline games being a good fit. I don't really get it.

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017
Early hints for Xenoblade 2 are that it will have comfortably the biggest opening so far. Maybe sinobi will give a more clear picture later. Where LTD will land depends on word of mouth and how much Nintendo wants to push it but at least for now it's included in the advertisent games that will be the flagship titles of holidays.
Not surprised considering the sad December lineup.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Its happening baby.^_^ Xeno2 is finally getting its Awakening.^_^

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Not surprised considering the sad December lineup.

It's ok. Only those who were lucky enough to get a Switch back in March are without much selection. Anyone jumping in this holiday season has a lot of evergreens to choose from as the charts will show. December by itself does look pretty sad, but it is at the end of year of fantastic 1st party support.

It's a shame 3rd parties got caught with their pants down. December would have been a time to shine. Alas..

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've had it since day one and there's a good twenty games on my list to get when on sale or more accurately when I have time.

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017
It's ok. Only those who were lucky enough to get a Switch back in March are without much selection. Anyone jumping in this holiday season has a lot of evergreens to choose from as the charts will show. December by itself does look pretty sad, but it is at the end of year of fantastic 1st party support.

It's a shame 3rd parties got caught with their pants down. December would have been a time to shine. Alas..
It's sad for all systems and third parties. Nintendo has done a great job with the Switch this year, but lol at everyone else.

It's kind of crazy to think all the big games released in November and that the PS4's holiday game is CoD and a MH bundle for a game that will release in late January. Yikes.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
to think that the western line up for the console being better than the Japanese one,that is kinda pathetic actually

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
Media Create is sharing interesting things. They say that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon sold around 60% of the original Sun and Moon first week. And that's almost the same percentage that Black 2 and White 2 and Platinum sold in respect of the original versions of Black and White, and Pearl and Diamond.

However, they note that most of the sales come from the Dual Pack, while the standalone versions sell-through is below 70%. Still, they are confident and think that the game will manage to sell through all the copies with the upcoming holiday season.

Edit: standalone USUM shipment is over 950k, probably around 1 million.

Edit2: btw, Media Create is reporting 1.163.000 sales for USUM counting the double pack as two copies on their report.

Last edited:

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Ok Sammy's Village time, sponsored by Vinnk's Village.

My village is called Tokyo, you might have heard of it.

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
- Saw a shit ton of people playing this game, it's literally everywhere. Restaurant, subway, concert...
- This one lady in the subway was getting several errors so she eventually closed the game and opened another one (with some chibi boys, I couldn't recognize it). Get your shit together, Nintendo.

Bravely Defunct
- Saw a lady in the subway playing the first BD game on her 3DS XL. I said "Nirolak" out loud but she didn't react.

Pokémon Ultra
- Saw three people buying Pokémon Ultra double pack, and one guy got the New 2DS XL too.

Monster Hunter World
- Hard to miss it at Bic Camera or Yodobashi, it has several ad spots and they are strategically located too. Capcom is pushing it really hard.

LEGO Worlds
- This really tiny Japanese kid bought LEGO Worlds and Mario Odyssey for Switch. LEGO is definitely in a better position now since the Japanese release of LEGO Undercover.

Dragon Quest XI
- Still being advertised, slightly favoring the 3DS version, but it's not like the PS4 version is being ignored.

Dragon Quest Heroes Switch
- No wonder no one is buying it, it's fucking expensive, especially for a port, especially for a Nintendo platform.

QwX6zKI.jpg

Merchandise (brand propagation)
- Pokémon > Mario > Splatoon > (void) > Monster Hunter > Dragon Quest > Yo-kai Watch, that's how I would rank the ease to find / availability of merchandise for each of those mega franchises.
- Pokémon is fucking everywhere, Mario too but not in the same level of Pokémon.
- I have seen a lot of Splatoon toys and clothes too, and I can tell the clothe line is running out of stock cause usually stores only have L size.
- Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest stuff are super hard to find. I have been looking everywhere for a Monster Hunter poster and t-shirt, to no avail, but the blind box figures are somewhat easy to find, which is way I rank Monster Hunter ahead of Dragon Quest.
- "Yo-kai Watch is done." - Chris1964

This is all for now.

YvB6BXy.jpg

Last edited:

BishopLamont

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yup, edited my post to clarify this a little better. I've included the "Double Pack" sales from Sun / Moon as well. It's a direct comparison. I'm not quite comfortable counting it as "double the sales" because it doesn't necessarily mean it's reaching double the people. Admittedly, not everyone may see it that way because it is still "double the revenue" at the end of the day. Let's wait for a consensus and I'll edit the figures if need be.
why does it have to reach two different people to count? a sale is a sale

like if someone bought a game and its remaster and one is for collecting, they still made two sales

either way, theres a reason why people buy the double pack, if they had no reason they'd just buy the single version

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
to think that the western line up for the console being better than the Japanese one,that is kinda pathetic actually

It kinda had been like this for recent years if u ask me. PS4 often had much better line up in the west in holiday vs its japanese holiday counterpart.

Japanese gaming industry had been kinda pathetic all these recent year so it is not surprising.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- Saw a shit ton of people playing this game, it's literally everywhere. Restaurant, subway, concert...
- This one lady in the subway was getting several errors so she eventually closed the game and opened another one (with some chibi boys, I couldn't recognize it). Get your shit together, Nintendo.

Bravely Defunct
- Saw a lady in the subway playing the first BD game on her 3DS XL. I said "Nirolak" out loud but she didn't react.

Pokémon Ultra
- Saw three people buying Pokémon Ultra double pack, and one guy got the New 2DS XL too.

Monster Hunter World
- Hard to miss it at Bic Camera or Yodobashi, it has several ad spots and they are strategically located too. Capcom is pushing it really hard.

LEGO Worlds
- This really tiny Japanese kid bought LEGO Worlds and Mario Odyssey for Switch. LEGO is definitely in a better position now since LEGO Undercover.

Dragon Quest XI
- Still being advertised, slightly favoring the 3DS version, but it's not like the PS4 version is being ignored.

- Pokémon > Mario > Splatoon > (void) > Monster Hunter > Dragon Quest > Yo-kai Watch, that's how I would rank the ease to find / availability of merchandise for each of those mega franchises.
- Pokémon is fucking everywhere, Mario too but not in the same level of Pokémon.
- I have seen a lot of Splatoon toys and clothes too, and I can tell the clothe line is running out of stock cause usually stores only have L size.
- Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest stuff are super hard to find. I have been looking everywhere for a Monster Hunter poster and t-shirt, to no avail, but the blind box figures are somewhat easy to find, which is way I rank Monster Hunter ahead of Dragon Quest.

This is all for now.

YvB6BXy.jpg
Thanks for the Sammy village update

Elfteiroh

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec

Bravely Defunct

Pokémon Ultra

Monster Hunter World

LEGO Worlds
- This really tiny Japanese kid bought LEGO Worlds and Mario Odyssey for Switch. LEGO is definitely in a better position now since the Japanese release of LEGO Undercover.

Dragon Quest XI

- No wonder no one is buying it, it's fucking expensive, especially for a port, especially for a Nintendo platform.

QwX6zKI.jpg

This is all for now.

YvB6BXy.jpg
Thanks a lot for these! I always like them, even more with the light hearted presentation. :P
You say DQH I+II is expensive, is it "two games" expensive, or "1.5 games"? I'm not familiar with the usual game prices for Japan...

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
First Day Sell-through {2017.11.23}

[PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX # <ACT> (Sega) (¥7.990) - 70% (2 days tracked)

[3DS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney # <ADV> (Capcom) (¥2.990) - 10% (two days tracked)

[3DS] Beyblade Burst: God <RPG> (FuRyu) (¥5.980) - 10%

[PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 - Deluxe Edition <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.100) - 40% (two days tracked)

[PS4] Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥7.980) - 20%

Lego Land

[NSW] LEGO Worlds <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥3.700)

____

This week a lot of games were released on Wednesday, instead of the usual thursday. That's why some of them have 2 days tracked.
This week, sales for new releases are very low.

Elfteiroh

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec

[PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX # <ACT> (Sega) (¥7.990) - 70% (2 days tracked)

[3DS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney # <ADV> (Capcom) (¥2.990) - 10% (two days tracked)

[PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 - Deluxe Edition <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.100) - 40% (two days tracked)

[PS4] Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥7.980) - 20%

Lego Land

____

This week a lot of games were released on Wednesday, instead of the usual thursday. That's why some of them have 2 days tracked.
Apollo still unable to sell, even when he's not a surprise new main character. :(
Wolfenstein, everyone is waiting to Switch to the better version. ;)
But damn... Only Miku have a good week.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
That seems like a good result for USUM, considering it's a third version. It should manage 2m lifetime if it doesn't collapse completely in the coming weeks.

Good to see the Switch selling in the 80-100k range, and evergreen titles are already getting some bumps. Also I'm glad there's positive reports about Xenoblade 2's preorders. I'm hoping for 100k+ and good worth of mouth to give it some legs.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
It kinda had been like this for recent years if u ask me. PS4 often had much better line up in the west in holiday vs its japanese holiday counterpart.

Japanese gaming industry had been kinda pathetic all these recent year so it is not surprising.
but still,for a console that is setting the chart on fire right now,who would think that most of relevant softwares it currently has are from first party

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017

Lego Land

____

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the order they are listed is the order of sales right?

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Haha. It is Nintendo platform lol. It had always been liked there since ages. Even when Wii did crazy, third party never go on board.
it wasn't the same with the ds line :P

Bravely Defunct

Pokémon Ultra

Monster Hunter World

LEGO Worlds

Dragon Quest XI

QwX6zKI.jpg

This is all for now.

YvB6BXy.jpg
why didn't you shout "SQUARE SUCKS" at her?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
21./40. [PS4] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package <Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online \ Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.08.17} (¥4.800)
22./17. [PS4] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.10.26} (¥6.100)
23./00. [PSV] VA-11 Hall-A <ADV> (Active Gaming Media) {2017.11.16} (¥3.000)
24./31. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980)
25./27. [NSW] Arms <FTG> (Nintendo) {2017.06.16} (¥5.980)
26./19. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux # <RPG> (Atlus) {2017.10.26} (¥6.480)
27./25. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800)
28./32. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400)
29./21. [NSW] Snipperclips Plus: Cut it Out, Together! <PZL> (Nintendo) {2017.11.10} (¥3.280)
30./30. [3DS] The Snack World: TreJarers <RPG> (Level 5) {2017.08.10} (¥4.800)
31./00. [NSW] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package <Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online \ Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.09.21} (¥4.800)
32./36. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
33./28. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} (¥6.800)
34./22. [PS4] The Evil Within 2 <ADV> (Bethesda Softworks) {2017.10.19} (¥7.980)
35./33. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions <RPG> (Nintendo) {2017.10.05} (¥4.980)
36./38. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.12.01} (¥4.700)
37./45. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Dokonan Desu? <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2017.07.20} (¥4.800)
38./26. [PS4] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary <TBL> (Square Enix) {2017.10.19} (¥7.800)
39./00. [3DS] Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisechi: Ninki no Omise Atsume Maseta <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.11.16} (¥5.300)
40./43. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2018 <SPT> (Konami) {2017.09.14} (¥7.600)
41./47. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800)
42./00. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami [New Price Edition] <ADV> (Sega) {2017.09.21} (¥1.990)
43./35. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)
44./00. [NSW] Super Bomberman R <ACT> (Konami) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980)
45./49. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990)
46./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥5.980)
47./41. [3DS] Idol Time PriPara: Yume All-Star Live! # <ACT> (Takara Tomy) {2017.10.26} (¥5.500)
48./14. [NSW] Sonic Forces <ACT> (Sega) {2017.11.09} (¥5.990)
49./50. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
50./10. [PS4] Sonic Forces <ACT> (Sega) {2017.11.09} (¥5.990)

Top 50

PS4 - 19
NSW - 15
3DS - 13
PSV - 2
WIU - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |  1.345.000 |    429.000 |  1.982.000 | 26.051.000 | 24.615.000 |

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
24./31. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980)
25./27. [NSW] Arms <FTG> (Nintendo) {2017.06.16} (¥5.980)
33./28. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} (¥6.800)
44./00. [NSW] Super Bomberman R <ACT> (Konami) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980)

21./40. [PS4] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package <Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online \ Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.08.17} (¥4.800)
31./00. [NSW] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package <Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online \ Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.09.21} (¥4.800)

41./47. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800)
43./35. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)

48./14. [NSW] Sonic Forces <ACT> (Sega) {2017.11.09} (¥5.990)
50./10. [PS4] Sonic Forces <ACT> (Sega) {2017.11.09} (¥5.990)

Huuu

Last edited:

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Edit2: btw, Media Create is reporting 1.163.000 sales for USUM counting the double pack as two copies on their report.

I just saw this, too. I suppose if Media Create treats the double pack that way, we're going to have to do it, too. Personally, though, I don't believe that's the right way to go about it for a few reasons:

1. We know the "third version" games are aimed at super dedicated players that are willing to go through the entire game again.

2. We know that these dedicated players are more likely to buy double packs as collector's items than your average consumer.

3. Let's say these double packs were being purchased for a player and their friend. Realistically, how large is that number in the case of a "third version" requiring a second playthrough?

I'm curious to see what people think. Again, personally I absolutely do not believe in counting the double pack as reaching twice the people (which is a more important metric for a large franchise like Pokemon than simply "it sold these many units").

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Ishaan, we don't know that first point, I and I am sure others only buy the original or enhanced not both. Aside from green and yellow, I have never bought more than one game a generation (excluding remakes). I am sure many people playing Ultra skipped the original releases last year.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I would be very surprised if anyone localized this game. It just screams "JAPAN ONLY". But I could see them doing a packaged version in Japan when all the DLC is finished.

Ha ha, no way in hell this is gonna be localised. Ain't nobody gonna take a risk with what could very well be called JK Molester Simulator 2018
(for Nintendo Switch)

Lego Land

____

How on earth did Capcom manage to overship AJ. HOW?! It's just a "remaster" port without any new features or content (other than some QoL stuff here and there). Not to mention it's a single game, vs. the trilogy which had 3 on the same cart. Not advertised all that much... always assumed it'd be a limited release, with the LE there to get some extra bucks from fans for the anniversary. Oh and AJ was re-released on mobile earlier this year.

Baffling...

Apollo still unable to sell, even when he's not a surprise new main character. :(

Err... Apollo Justice on Nintendo DS is by far the highest-selling Ace Attorney game, with over 666 000 units sold (including budget re-release). Granted, it did come out during Nintendo DS peak years (2017), but still.

Last edited:

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FIFA 18 Switch outselling the PS4 version for three weeks (?) in a row now, and Sonic Forces already doing it. The latter I expected, the former, not so much. It's good to see at least one territory where it's not a disappointment.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha, no way in hell this is gonna be localised. Ain't nobody gonna take a risk with what could very well be called JK Molester Simulator 2018
(for Nintendo Switch)

How on earth did Capcom manage to overship AJ. HOW?! It's just a "remaster" port without any new features or content (other than some QoL stuff here and there). Not to mention it's a single game, vs. the trilogy which had 3 on the same cart. Oh and AJ was re-released on mobile earlier this year.

Err... Apollo Justice on Nintendo DS is by far the highest-selling Ace Attorney game, with over 666 000 units sold (including budget re-release). Granted, it did come out during Nintendo DS peak years (2017), but still.
I just don't question anything Capcom does anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.