• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VXLbeast

Nov 28, 2017
First post on ResetEra; been on Gaf since 2011, and never missed a week of Media Create. It saved me from my mind-numbing campus desk job. When I graduated Uni and moved to Tokyo, it was doubly fun checking the mood of my local shops versus the mood on here. I'm immensely happy that we've all found a new home here, and though I've mostly just lurked the last few years, I wanted to say I'm pumped for this New Era (TM) and couldn't be more appreciative of all the work that salesage peeps put in. Thanks Chris, thanks mods, thanks everyone for making ResetEra happen.

Now, sorry, on topic: I'm really curious to see how the new Atelier splits between it's three skus. What are people's guesses? This admittedly tiny GEO snapshot seems to show NSW, PS4, then Vita. I don't have much trouble believing that, though I don't think it would surprise me to see PS4 being the number one sku either. It getting a PC release will make this even more interesting, if any sort of Steam user-data witchcraft can be pulled off (though, how are PC games generally distributed in Japan? Is there a dominant digital platform? Is it Steam?) Perhaps then that would only be interesting for comparing western sales across skus.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version will debut lowest but might leg it past Vita after a while.

BishopLamont

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No where has Capcom said localized MHW was a priority that denied XX. That's just insiders giving insight into what they have been told. I don't feel like saying this over and over makes it a truth. I don't personally believe that Capcom is so resource strapped they couldn't have localized this game if they felt a need.

Portable MH fans are largely a Japan thing. Japan is playing XX. Not sure what your point is.

There is no scenario anyone has actually pointed out that makes XX not releasing in the West make logical or financial sense. Like screaming from the top of your lungs "MHW" doesn't change that. MHW is not coming out on the Switch. And MHXX would have made easy bank between Switch and 3DS and could have launch 6 months before World on platforms World is not coming to.

Again, noy really sure where the implication that I'm dumb is coming from just because I disagree with you.
read again, i never implied you're dumb, i was talking about everyone in general due to your logic

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Thanks for the report Vinnk!

First post on ResetEra; been on Gaf since 2011, and never missed a week of Media Create. It saved me from my mind-numbing campus desk job. When I graduated Uni and moved to Tokyo, it was doubly fun checking the mood of my local shops versus the mood on here. I'm immensely happy that we've all found a new home here, and though I've mostly just lurked the last few years, I wanted to say I'm pumped for this New Era (TM) and couldn't be more appreciative of all the work that salesage peeps put in. Thanks Chris, thanks mods, thanks everyone for making ResetEra happen.

Now, sorry, on topic: I'm really curious to see how the new Atelier splits between it's three skus. What are people's guesses? This admittedly tiny GEO snapshot seems to show NSW, PS4, then Vita. I don't have much trouble believing that, though I don't think it would surprise me to see PS4 being the number one sku either. It getting a PC release will make this even more interesting, if any sort of Steam user-data witchcraft can be pulled off (though, how are PC games generally distributed in Japan? Is there a dominant digital platform? Is it Steam?) Perhaps then that would only be interesting for comparing western sales across skus.

Hey again!
For Atelier, it'll likely be similar to NoA2, but now that the switch userbase is bigger and more varied, there'll probably more switch sales, especially since the footage looked nice. But PS4 will still lead the sales by a good margin I believe. PC has no impact in japan for those games though.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be more cautious and go with 115k. Software will be interesting too, Zelda will have a great bump thanks to the Explorer Edition.

BishopLamont

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
anything less than 200k will be disappointing

edit: nvm i thought it was first week of december, probably 150k at most

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I want to go with 120k, but I'll keep in mind that Switch hardware was consistently below expectations this year when it comes to big weeks.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
For Switch this week, I'll go with 110K.

I'm expecting above 200K numbers only on Christmas week.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
There has been a pretty linear progression since the drop after the SMO release, so I'll go with 98k.

Nintendojitsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Nintendo Tops Toyo Keizai's List Of Japan's Richest Companies, While Sony Is Fourth
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/168003322719
.jpg

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't know they celebrated Black Friday in Japan. Now I understand all those high expectations. 3DS, PS4 and Switch will have great numbers in a couple of hours, even probably Vita.

My predictions:
  • Switch: 120K
  • PS4: 80K
  • 3DS: 70K
  • Vita: 10K

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
Nor the PS4, to the best of my knowledge there were no special sales for it and no new games of note.

I think Switch is 110k, they are starting out slow.

New Everybody's Golf is included for free now in every PS4 (From November 23rd until January 8th).
So, PS4 should rise this week. How big will be the effect is still unknown.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Pokemon may do wonders, or may not, haha. Perhaps 40K is more realistic, but I ignore who seriously does Japan take Black Friday .
Not very seriously yet. This is pretty much our first year of having Black Friday. In the past few years some foreign companies would offer sales such as Amazon or Apple, particularly foreign online retailers. But this is the first year I can remember Japanese companies getting in on the festivities.

Edit: After checking the wikipedia entry, Nojima and Aeon did their first Black Friday sales in 2016.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
PREDICTION LEAGUE DECEMBER 2017

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Nov 27 to Dec 31):

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (35 days) - 202k
[NSW] Nintendo Switch Hardware (35 days) - 365k
[PS4] PlayStation 4 Hardware (35 days) - 164k
[3DS] Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon [2nd month] (35 days) - 408k
[NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (31 days) - 150k
[PS4] Yakuza Kiwami 2 (25 days) - 128k
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Hihou Densetsu Banbarayaa Magnum / Sword (16 days) - 576k

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Was there any indication of how many MHW bundles would be put into the market? Something I forgot to add in my report is that advertising on stores is really ramping up. The have a nice little full color booklet printed on thick paper you can get at most of the shops. I can take some photos later of anyone is interested.
True, I got one of those! It's now in the trash though.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
New Everybody's Golf is included for free now in every PS4 (From November 23rd until January 8th).

I think it will get some movement out of that, but I don't think a free download code of game that people haven't shown much interest in is going to cause much urgency.

True, I got one of those! It's now in the trash though.

Magazine and cardboard recycling I should hope...

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping From Software is working on metroid 4

We already know the types of titles From is working on and it ain't Metroid.

My Hero Academia
One Piece
Super Robot Wars
Tales of
Taiko no Tatsujin

These must be

Tales of won't be mainline, unless its releasing later next year. Hope we get a new mainline though.

What really shocks me, is how successful Subaru is there.O_O In South East Asia or Even East Asia, Subaru brand does not seems to have that pull power, Honda, Nissan or even Mitsubishi there. And they are that high while Mitsubishi with their crazy amount of Fuso Truck roaming SEA is still on rank 8? What a revelation for me lol.

Thats not a chart showing success. Tesla is worth 20 billion and brings multi billion revenue but has very little cash in hand as most of it is invested back in the company.

PS4 > PSV > SW

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Media Create:

Switch 145,200 (!!)
PS4 20,384
New2DS LL 20,283
New3DS LL 11,511
PS4 Pro 6,525
Vita 5,964
2DS 2,838
New3DS 254
Xbox One X 212
Xbox One 196
Wii U 85
PS3 46

Miku: 34k
Pokémon: 168k (better hold than expected) + 20k for double-pack
SMO: 77k
Splatoon 2: 30k
Zelda BOTW: 15k (Explorer's Edition)

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20171129048/

Guess nobody really cared about New Everybody's Golf...

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Less than 30K for PS4? Oh shit! I expected more by far.

Edit: awesome for Switch! Nintendo is nailing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.