• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Pretty damn amazing to see the Switch beat the Wii's 2007 record. No doubt some people are going to go with the 'But it's not 300k!!!' downplaying. But at the price of the Switch, outselling the Wii is an amazing result.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
300k for MC would make sense then. But either way, 278k is fantastic and 1.23m for Smash is even more impressive. This month is going to be very good for both.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Amazing sales for smash as expected. Switch sales are very good especially when you consider the smash bundle has been out for a couple of weeks spreading out the smash bump. Smash has moved a lot of HW. Hoping we'll start to see lots of SW rising though I'm guessing that will be more pronounced next week.

Hopefully this is the start of many big weeks for the rest of the year.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But people said all that anyone who wanted Smash already bought the Switch beforehand? /s

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
But people said all that anyone who wanted Smash already bought the Switch beforehand? /s

I still for the life of me cannot understand the logic of that argument. People seem to think consumers purchase games based on IPs and characters rather than genres? Or something like that?

Anyway I'm glad we can put that argument to rest.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I still for the life of me cannot understand the logic of that argument. People seem to think consumers purchase games based on IPs and characters rather than genres? Or something like that?

Anyway I'm glad we can put that argument to rest.

Was never an argument. Only uniformed people say this stuff. Majority of people don't buy hardware before the games they want come out.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I'll just be over here joyfully eating my crow.

I thought Pokemon Let's Go would be the bigger title. I was wrong but couldn't be happier about it. With the amount of effort that went into the new Smash I am so glad it is being rewarded.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Switch evergreens rised a lot last week and holidays hadn't started yet so there were some hints that hardware went very high.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
Switch bundles were sold out this past week on Amazon.jp. Not sure if it will make a notable difference this time.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Thanks. So that will go until kids get their New Years money... I wonder what percentage are going to jump on that rather than Nintendo stuff.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I got so much shit yesterday for saying that doing 220k would be disappointing and now it goes as expected: 280k. Now that's a great result worth talking about.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Really curious to see how evergreen games have moved. Smash sucked some life but Switch increased a lot and holiday season is beginning so we might see nice increases.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since Splatoon, I'm rooting for Ryng and his hightly optimistic predictions. Too bad he was a little high, but that's definitely a good result.