• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
GEO stores: Week 49, 2020 (Nov 30 - Dec 06)

01./01. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! <TBL> (Konami) {2020.11.19} (¥6.300)
02./00. [NSW] Derby Stallion <SLG> (Game Addict) {2020.12.03} (¥7.800)
03./00. [PS4] Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2020.12.03} (¥7.800)
04./00. [NSW] Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2020.12.03} (¥7.800)
05./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2020.12.04} (¥4.980)
06./02. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2020.11.20} (¥7.200)
07./00. [NSW] Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2020.12.03} (¥3.980)
08./04. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure # <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980)
09./03. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2020.11.13} (¥7.900)
10./09. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2020.03.20} (¥5.980)

Top 10

NSW - 7
PS4 - 3

"Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! Ranked 1st for three consecutive weeks. It is a title that can be expected not only at the end of the year but also at the New Year. Derby Stallion ranked in 2nd place and is the latest work in the series for first time in 6 years.

At other new releases, Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy is in 3rd and 4th place and Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate" is in 7th place. We also expect that the 5th place Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition will be sold for a long time together with the Switch version."

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
What's the name of the guy in charge of the Danganronpa side of Spike Chunsoft? I forgot which side was cool with Nintendo and which one was Sony loyalists. Maybe we can add them to the alliance and call them the...quartet?
or the four horsemen of the apocalypse

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
What's the name of the guy in charge of the Danganronpa side of Spike Chunsoft? I forgot which side was cool with Nintendo and which one was Sony loyalists. Maybe we can add them to the alliance and call them the...quartet?

Danganronpa being on PSP, Vita, iOS, Android, but not Switch for some reason will always be baffling to me. Tales or Yakuza I can somewhat understand the reluctance, but Danganronpa??

Oct 26, 2017
It should be the Spike side who is loyal to Sony. Danganronpa's creator Kodaka already has a Switch game released (Death Come True).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ryza 2 lower on Switch?

DuVUG6KX4AM_nRp.jpg

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I know this is a joking post, but I'm curious if the switch version will be leggier. Maybe we'll get to see then cross streams. Was Ryza 1 leggier on switch?
069./000. [PS4] Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2019.09.26} (¥7.800) - 67.212 / NEW (44.693 <81,39%>)
117./000. [NSW] Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2019.09.26} (¥7.800) - 36.197 / NEW (22.908 <83,39%>)

This is up to the end of 2019. What Oregano mentioned is the case as well: stock issues messed up its potential a bit at retail.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Oh shit, I remember that. Damn, potential 3rd party break out hits and lack of Switch stock- name a better duo lmao

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Once upon a time in Japan....

"Bandai Namco – Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken Project director; also produced the PSVR title "Summer Lesson")

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I wasn't expecting them to begin the presentation by announcing the price. The price is exactly what I'd expect from a marketing point of view, but if you count all the individual peripherals…

The full thing is pretty cheap, and I say that as someone familiar with the inner workings of the system. I have no idea how they kept the price that low.

INTERESTING ASPECTS OF SWITCH

I've been interested in the HD Rumble for some time now. You can feel a glass marble rolling around inside of a metal box, or feel the spot where a bouncy ball bounces. It's interesting that it can be used like the so-called 3D sound. And this is just a crazy idea of mine, but the system itself is so light that if you took out the Joy-Con with the IR camera and set it up, and placed the screen in some kind of apparatus, you could transform it into a wireless VRHMD by rendering the left and right sides of the screen separately for each eye. So I think the Switch is capable of a lot of different things, depending on the ideas of the developer."

more here:
https://nintendoeverything.com/tons...his-months-switch-presentation-system-itself/

SEGA – Toshihiro Nagoshi (Yakuza)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I came up on the stage during the presentation, and even during the the preparation meeting, you could feel this extraordinary fighting spirit from Nintendo. So I felt kind of nervous for the first time in a while, as I was the one who kicked off their third-party announcements.

It's like a mechanical nexus of modern computer technology. It takes a solid resolve to pack absolutely everything in like that, without making any sacrifices. Now it's up to the software studios to make the most out of it. If they can make games with unique enough features to rival the plethora of features the Switch itself has, they'll be great matches.

Funny, isn't it? :p

"Bukkoro – Yoko Taro (Director and scenario writer for Drakengard and NieR series)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

When I heard that both the Switch and Breath of the Wild were coming out a week after the game I'm currently working on, all of my memories vanished.

I don't know, as I no longer have any memories. But it's wonderful that you can separate the controllers from the screen. They didn't announce anything like this at the presentation, but I hope the Switch is capable of a vertical mode. For vertical shooters or pinball, of course. Please take that into consideration."

GO Yoko Taro! Make Nierkaruga! :p

Last edited:

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We had this repartition for the Animal Crossing players:

animal-crossing-data.original.jpg
Also we have a chart made last year about the demographic from Nintendo (only from the US though)

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-31%20at%2015_08_06.png
Well this isn't clear-cut data for the Switch demographic as a whole, but still gives us some indications that the majority of Switch owners are young adults (which is something I always assumed).
So Nagoshi has either access to explicit data we don't have or he is just talking out of his ass by tooting the ol' "Nintendo is for kiddies" flute.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Well this isn't clear-cut data for the Switch demographic as a whole, but still gives us some indications that the majority of Switch owners are young adults (which is something I always assumed).
So Nagoshi has either access to explicit data we don't have or he is just talking out of his ass by tooting the ol' "Nintendo is for kiddies" flute.
Nagoshi made up how much the F-Zero GX sold in an interview.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god this is another case of inaccurate translation gets taken out of context and passed along while we make fun of it, isn't it.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What? Were his numbers lower or higher than the real thing?
He said (over ten years late) that F-Zero GX sold 1.5 million. But it's not on Nintendo's official million seller list. In other words, his numbers are at least 50% higher than reality.

The worst thing is that some sites have taken his number as official.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Also we have a chart made last year about the demographic from Nintendo (only from the US though)

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-31%20at%2015_08_06.png
This chart is from 2017. It covers the first 8 months of Switch being on market and the data comes from voluntary survey questions sent to emails registered to Nintendo Accounts. Also by the wording of the question, it doesn't account for multiple people in the same home using the device.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
(Taiwan)
Media Create Sales Week 48, 2020 (23 Nov - 29 Nov)

01./01. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Nintendo) {2020.11.20}
02./00. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure Pack (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2020.11.26}
03./02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.31}
04./00. [NSW] Just Dance 2021 (Ubisoft) {2020.11.12}
05./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.12.15}

Top 5

NSW - 5

(South Korea)
Media Create Sales Week 48, 2020 (23 Nov - 29 Nov)

01./02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.18}
02./01. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Nintendo) {2020.11.20}
03./03. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) {2020.03.20}
04./05. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) {2018.02.01}
05./04. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.12.15}

Top 5

NSW - 5

gnn.gamer.com.tw

MediaCreate 11 月 23 日~11 月 29 日一週銷售排行榜 《桃太郎電鐵》蟬聯冠軍

巴哈姆特 GNN 與日本遊戲業界分析公司 MediaCreate 合作,每週定期刊載由 MediaCreate 調查與統計的日本、台灣與韓國地區家用遊樂器主機遊戲軟體的一週銷售排行榜,供玩家參考。 《太鼓之達人 咚咔!二合一大冒險》 相較於前兩週新主機與年末新作的熱潮,當週則只有一款新作《太鼓之達人 咚咔!二合一大冒險》上榜,不過前幾週上市的幾

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Back to clean sweeps again already? I wish we had more insight into other Asian markets besides Japan, Korea and Taiwan.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Oh god this is another case of inaccurate translation gets taken out of context and passed along while we make fun of it, isn't it.
The translation came from Sega and it's hard to identify a context where he intended to say something different. While his full quote does begin with him saying that Nintendo platforms are played by a wide range of ages, I don't think we've misread him.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvelous 1st Studio hiring for PS5/Xbox Series X development:

www.gematsu.com

Marvelous’ First Studio seeking staff for PS5 and Xbox Series games; large-scale RPG currently in development

Marvelous’ First Studio is seeking staff to bolster the planning and development of “high-end next-generation games” for platforms including PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, the com…

Aiming for a worldwide audience with a large-scale RPG in development.
Marvelous doesn't strike me as the kind of company who'd throw a lot of money behind something risky like that. So I wonder if it's a game they were hired by someone else to do or they are dipping their toes into that particular (western) market.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Marvelous doesn't strike me as the kind of company who'd throw a lot of money behind something risky like that. So I wonder if it's a game they were hired by someone else to do or they are dipping their toes into that particular (western) market.
Tbh I'm not sure if First Studio is the right place for those AAA games

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
This is a project years away, don't give too much base at its semi announcement.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah by the time this game is completed, the Switch successor will be ready to miss out on this, too. :^)

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once upon a time in Japan....

"Bandai Namco – Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken Project director; also produced the PSVR title "Summer Lesson")

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I wasn't expecting them to begin the presentation by announcing the price. The price is exactly what I'd expect from a marketing point of view, but if you count all the individual peripherals…

The full thing is pretty cheap, and I say that as someone familiar with the inner workings of the system. I have no idea how they kept the price that low.

I've been interested in the HD Rumble for some time now. You can feel a glass marble rolling around inside of a metal box, or feel the spot where a bouncy ball bounces. It's interesting that it can be used like the so-called 3D sound. And this is just a crazy idea of mine, but the system itself is so light that if you took out the Joy-Con with the IR camera and set it up, and placed the screen in some kind of apparatus, you could transform it into a wireless VRHMD by rendering the left and right sides of the screen separately for each eye. So I think the Switch is capable of a lot of different things, depending on the ideas of the developer."

more here:
https://nintendoeverything.com/tons...his-months-switch-presentation-system-itself/

SEGA – Toshihiro Nagoshi (Yakuza)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I came up on the stage during the presentation, and even during the the preparation meeting, you could feel this extraordinary fighting spirit from Nintendo. So I felt kind of nervous for the first time in a while, as I was the one who kicked off their third-party announcements.

It's like a mechanical nexus of modern computer technology. It takes a solid resolve to pack absolutely everything in like that, without making any sacrifices. Now it's up to the software studios to make the most out of it. If they can make games with unique enough features to rival the plethora of features the Switch itself has, they'll be great matches.

Funny, isn't it? :p

"Bukkoro – Yoko Taro (Director and scenario writer for Drakengard and NieR series)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

When I heard that both the Switch and Breath of the Wild were coming out a week after the game I'm currently working on, all of my memories vanished.

I don't know, as I no longer have any memories. But it's wonderful that you can separate the controllers from the screen. They didn't announce anything like this at the presentation, but I hope the Switch is capable of a vertical mode. For vertical shooters or pinball, of course. Please take that into consideration."

GO Yoko Taro! Make Nierkaruga! :p

I remember reading these back in the day, so hopeful lol, reading those three blurbs, it feels like Yolo taro is the most honest despite probably doing the least ironically

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GEO stores announced that PS5 lotteries will continue until January 31th.

www.famitsu.com

ゲオアプリにてPS5の抽選販売受付(12/7以降入荷分)が12月14日よりスタート。申し込み期限は12月17日17時59分まで | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2020年12月14日~12月17日の期間、ゲオにて12月7日以降入荷分のプレイステーション5本体の抽選予約受付が、ゲオアプリで実施される。

Bleh,

More Stock issues till Jan, not that im expecting much next year

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Derby Stallion won't be far from 100k opening, if something holds down its legs in holidays is the high price.

Ryza 2 will be close between Switch and PS4.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I know the translation was potentially misleading and this is US data, not Japan, but: