• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Does that game stand alone? I've never played an Atelier game, but I think this one might get some heavy price cuts and I'd be tempted.

It seems to be standalone, but since it has supporting characters from all across the Atelier series it may be intended more for long-time fans first. I'm sure you can enjoy it just fine without prior knowledge... if it's a good game.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
13 weeks in Q4. In 5 weeks, Nintendo sold 470k Switch in Japan alone. Assuming a 50k average per week (which is most likely lower than what it'll be) for the 8 upcoming weeks, it'll sell an additional 400k. Shipments should be around or close to 1 million for Japan alone.
Japan is usually around 30% of Switch's HW shipments. If the performance is the same across the globe, it'd give an estimate of 3.3 millions shipped in Q4 by lowballing it.
Nintendo predicted 2.5M for this Q4.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Just remembered that Fate/Extella had all the DLC included when it launched on Switch, might explain why it sold twice as much as LINK. Unnecessary staggered launch + not including all DLC = expected result.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Smash is so close to 3 Mill.

That game is outselling multi platform games like crazy

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
mcsales.png

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
The elite version didn't do so well, but the original version did very well:
[PS3] Robotics;Notes (5pb., 06/28/12) – 57,797 (New)
[360] Robotics;Notes (5pb., 06/28/12) – 17,076 (New)

But I'm sure it was because people thought it would be a direct sequel to Steins;Gate, in the moment of its huge popularity.

Why would "people" even think that when the name was completely different, the character designer was different, the theme different, an anime was available to see it had nothing to do with Steins;Gate etc. ?

It did well on its own and from the developer/publisher pedigree, that's it.

Oct 31, 2017
I say this every weekly thread, but even looking at the Switch HW and Let's Go bumps at the end of January from this post, Switch HW and Gen 8 are gonna be so insane in 2019.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
The power of Eevee.

Huge drop for Kingdom hearts. Thought it would do better.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
13 weeks in Q4. In 5 weeks, Nintendo sold 470k Switch in Japan alone. Assuming a 50k average per week (which is most likely lower than what it'll be) for the 8 upcoming weeks, it'll sell an additional 400k. Shipments should be around or close to 1 million for Japan alone.
Japan is usually around 30% of Switch's HW shipments. If the performance is the same across the globe, it'd give an estimate of 3.3 millions shipped in Q4 by lowballing it.

Week 1 is part of Q3 shipments.

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
They were smart to restock the Pokemon Switch bundle in time for the Shiny Meltan Pokemon Go Event that'll last for a month.

It will be interesting to track Pokemon Let's Go sales for the few next weeks.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu changed formatting of top 30 and removed hardware info.

This could be the end of end of public hardware data from them, they devote all their attention to digital polls.

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
So Ff15 & Kh3 had huge drop in 2nd week. I not expect FF7R will reach it origin game number, also 7R is Arpg like 15 & kh3, not turnbase anymore..

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

Either they did it on purpose just to announce an overperformance or they plan to announce the new model, cutting legs a bit for a Few weeks...
Their forecast is now weirdly low...

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Wow good Switch hardware. January was honestly better than i expected, let's see how it goes in February.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Both of them are over 3m, Smash could be over Splatoon already.
Nice

Anyway expected a big drop for KH3's second week. Expected something in the low 100,000's though not 91k. Don't really think it's possible for this game to cross 1 million at retail anymore. Though speaking of 1 million at retail. Super Mario Party crosses that hurdle next week. Exciting times

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what happened with Famitsu and decided suddenly to remove hardware info after decades at a random week of January but they slowly but steady cutting down data lately. Monthly reports have hardware numbers for first and second, maybe this will continue.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if PUBG can become a million seller, last time we had reliable Steamspy number it was over 500k on PC, and if PS4 digital is really over 100k already it might get there.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I don't know what happened with Famitsu and decided suddenly to remove hardware info after decades at a random week of January but they slowly but steady cutting down data lately. Monthly reports have hardware numbers for first and second, maybe this will continue.

Tbh, I still don't understand why Kadokawa still continues to have two different sets of data (GzBrain/Famitsu and ASCII/Dengeki), you would think one of the two would've been folded into the other by now... though I'm not really complaining. The more data, the more accurate the picture of the market we get.

Really hope Famitsu HW is just an odd week and it'll be back for Week 6 : /

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Famitsu saw yall bagging on their digital sales date and are just acting out of pettiness

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon bundles save 3-4k yen and were out of stock almost immediately back in November. There's demand for them but they will get limited reprint.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Was the Pokémon bundle the same price as if you bought Switch+Pokemon stand alone or did it have added value such as the game being free?

I expect next fiscal year Nintendo will be more aggressive with bundles, price drops, and Limited Edition consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
I knew Kingdom Hearts would have a big drop, but that's a bit bigger than I thought. 1 million physical only will be a bit of a challenge, but still possible depending on late legs. With digital it's definitely getting there, of course.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Wonder if this represents a new baseline for Switch, or if it's still coming off momentum from Smash and NSMBU that will wear off eventually.

Super Mario Party looking to break a million next week.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

It's never been as high as 30% actually

LTD is 24%, highest Q2 2018 - 28.33%, lowest Q2 2018 20.06%

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
KH3 now over 700k and RE2 over 300k. Nice. 1m possible with digital. Drop was lower then FFXV. PS4 hardware ok but sadly I see it dropping next week again.

The Switch isn't your typical traditional home console. It's the merging of their home console and portable both in terms of hardware and software. It would be more shocking if it wasn't wiping the floor.

That's not how markets and products work.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Those Robotics Notes numbers seem poor. Did people really not like the last one that much?

Better than I expected for Atelier though. Switch finally making up some ground at least!

Shahed

Oct 27, 2017
UK, Newcastle
Wait Dragon Quest Builders 2 is out? How'd I miss this?

How well has it sold overall? And is there news about localisation? Loved the first game