• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
09./19. [NSW] Arms <FTG> (Nintendo) {2017.06.16} (¥5.980) - 25.285 / 297.491 (+136%)

d7e.png

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Look at all that Switch software holiday boost. Capcom, you fools! Okami HD could have been a part of it. :v

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
We had a few anecdotal reports that some stores weren't selling out their entire stock yesterday (or the day before), is that still happening or is everyone sold out again?

Tsutaya down the road had stock, including the Odyssey bundle as of late last night.

Previously, during the non-holidays, stores either sold out at the lotto or before the evening. That happened with the Odyssey bundle back in October.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, didn't realize Xenoblade 2 is out of top 20.
Shame really, such a good game I kinda hoped it would benefit from holiday bump.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
06./08. [3DS] Kirby Battle Royale <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.11.30} (¥4.980) - 42.796 / 115.324 (+70%)

It outperformed launch week. It did well all things considered.

16./20. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Dokonan Desu? <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2017.07.20} (¥4.800) - 17.769 / 110.355 (+76%)

Sumikko Gurashi showing the usual holiday legs. It should finish closer to the first two entries. Really successful franchise on 3DS.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Incredible software bump for Nintendo games, HW could have been better, but at least is over 250k. Xenoverse legs are insane. Now we wait for Famitsu.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Too bad Switch was supply constrained.

On the other hand, Switch software performed incredibly well. Third parties are regretting to not have any relevant software for Switch during this December.

The most amazing result is ARMS, in my opinion. Really good increase. Kart, Zelda, Odyssey and Splatoon did really good but were more expected. ARMS and Pokkén are the real surprises.
What's so great about the ARMS legs (sorry) is that it does seem to sell along with the system at a consistent rate, so odds are it will continue to sell. I think 400k should be more than doable, maybe 500k can be reached in the end?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the most surprising point out of these charts are the number of people ready to buy a terrible Kirby game.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
I remember only some people predicting over 350k at best, most were expecting more than 300k. The rest was just jokes.
let him be,this isn't the first time he started something like this,first the capcom bowing thing,then the megaman thing,then the popcorn thing and then there is this

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really hoped for them being able to ship more. Honestly, Switch manage to in terms of HW availability has been a shame all year but reached the peak this holiday season

There clearly are money left on the table here

On the other hand... Software is INCREDIBLE, no other words to describe it

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Pretty good legs for Kirby Battle Royale.

How did the japanese magazines/sites review it ?

Also, where is the pacman ?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Switch software is so Nintendo driven it's ridiculous. 3rd parties don't do nearly as good. Same thing is happening in other regions.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Switch software is so Nintendo driven it's ridiculous. 3rd parties don't do nearly as good. Same thing is happening in other regions.
If only there were more substantial third party software people can buy...
It'll do quite well but the other holiday bumps are way bigger. Like ARMS getting in top 10 again.
Oh, no doubt about that it's doing decent numbers outside top 20.
It's just I was hoping it to get as big a bump as other Nintendo titles.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Tsutaya down the road had stock, including the Odyssey bundle as of late last night.

Previously, during the non-holidays, stores either sold out at the lotto or before the evening. That happened with the Odyssey bundle back in October.

Interesting, thanks. I wonder if those units are lasting for more than just a day or so. This is a pretty low-demand period in time, right?

Is the Switch sold out everywhere again? Some anecdotes from a day or two ago made mention of stock sitting on shelves still.

It was sold out for the tracked period, yeah. Only now (as of this current week) are we hearing about some units lasting the day.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Third party also hardly exist, so this is quite a disingenuous way of putting it. And the ones that are there put in quite decent numbers (except in UK, which Benji already said saw performances quite a bit worse than other markets).

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
What's so great about the ARMS legs (sorry) is that it does seem to sell along with the system at a consistent rate, so odds are it will continue to sell. I think 400k should be more than doable, maybe 500k can be reached in the end?

Yeah. ARMS had legs during the year but it was selling much less than other evergreen titles such as Zelda and Kart. Nevertheless, it increased up to 25k in Week 51. The game will surely reach 350-380k which for a new fighting game IP is a pretty crazy result.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Because Nintendo could only supply 20% more than the previous week for the biggest week of the year. It's not disappointing sales, it's disappointing supply.
and what do you expected em to do?? supply shipping takes weeks if not months of pre planning cause they ship by sea. on release they shipped by air to supply early demand and lost over 50$ per unit. Supplies are likely planned by month

its not as simple as
"Hello, Target? Do you have any unsold Switch in storage??, please pack em and send em to this Stores in Japan by UPS"

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017
Great software week!

Nintendo is probably sticking to the current FY forecast. The Switch is probably going to be supply constrained until next FY. Ugh lol

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah despite dat third party support.. oh wait... i am sure mario x rabbids will do reasonably well though
Yeah. ARMS had legs during the year but it was selling much less than other evergreen titles such as Zelda and Kart. Nevertheless, it increased up to 25k in Week 51. The game will surely reach 350-380k which for a new fighting game IP is a pretty crazy result.
how is it in comparison to something like tekken 7?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

I was going to reply but beaten quickly to it lol

Yeah products that exists sold better then products that didn't exist, who would have predicted it.

If only there were more substantial third party software people can buy...

Yes, because 3rd parties, especially in Japan, brought zero compelling software to the table. Honestly Xenoverse 2 is a minor miracle

This can't be a serious post.

There hasn't been a relevant third party release on Switch in months.

Third party also hardly exist, so this is quite a disingenuous way of putting it. And the ones that are there put in quite decent numbers (except in UK, which Benji already said saw performances quite a bit worse than other markets).

This is weird how this still have to be explained, even more in sales threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.