• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
First Day Sell-through {2020.02.13}

[NSW] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix # <ACT> (Sega) (¥5.990) - 60%

[PS4] Death End re;Quest 2 # <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.600) - 30%

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
First Day Sell-through {2020.02.13}

[NSW] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix # <ACT> (Sega) (¥5.990) - 60%

[PS4] Death End re;Quest 2 # <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.600) - 30%
Good sell through for Hatsune Mikku.

Death End, not so much. Since it is a RPG, selling its first shipment might prove very complicated.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't Media Create blame Yakuza's underperformance on PS4 exclusivity? Or was that another game they were talking about?

Funny that you mention that. Didn't Sega say P5R sales weren't as high as expected despite shipping 400k?

If P5S manages to reignite the Persona craze in Japan I'm sure Sega with drag Atlus devs kicking and screaming to Switch dev kits.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
EQlN6d8U0AA4Js7

EQsY4XPXYAAUfJz

EQs7VrCXsAAeHsO

EQo8m1BUwAApvNs

EQsJjlsUcAAb5LO

EQpi6AWUwAIINDy

EQnwIG2U8AERvhd

EQn2RN-VAAEUQIs

EQjrDG3U8AAcU9f

EQkKT0YUwAAz6cO

EQtFgqBUYAUluUA

EQqS8mGWoAALKKR

EQqM4w6XYAYSDo3

EQpZjfvUUAA9GUy

EQFwP9nUUAEaVLc

EQi6FFJWsAAXock

EQpHatVVAAAbjWD

EQosLUuVUAEFL3o

EQpGKMyXkAEch6Q

EQpfysFU4AAld-9

EQKnKm2U0AEdxHX

EQteVoIVUAUD9t5

EQkzd84U8AAfrDg

EQjsf_iU0Ac9zwp

EQthEaYUcAA8X4K

EQkZuZQU0AEHXpP

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2020 (Feb 03 - Feb 09)

01./00. [PS4] Granblue Fantasy: Versus # <FTG> (Cygames) {2020.02.06} (¥6.980)
02./01. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980)
03./02. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2019.11.15} (¥5.980)
04./04. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980)
05./06. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200)
06./07. [NSW] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.12.27} (¥3.480)
07./03. [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon <ADV> (Sega) {2020.01.16} (¥8.390)
08./08. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600)
09./05. [PS4] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2020.01.16} (¥7.600)
10./09. [NSW] Super Mario Party # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2018.10.05} (¥5.980)

Top 10

NSW - 7
PS4 - 3

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Nintendo eShop Sales: February 6th to February 12th 2020

Nintendo eShop – Nintendo Switch

01./New. – Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) [20.3.2020]
02./01. – Overcooked! 2 (Team17) [07.8.2018] (was 40% off)
03./New. – Hatsune Miku Project Diva Mega 39's (SEGA) [13.2.2020]
04./00. – Darksiders Warmastered Edition (THQ Nordic Japan) [25.4.2019] (currently 70% off)
05./07. – Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou (Ponos) [20.12.2018]
06./06. – Minecraft (Mojang / Microsoft Japan) [21.6.2018]
07./04. – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo) [07.12.2018]
08./08. – Overcooked! Special Edition (Team17) [12.10.2017] (was 66% off)
09./New. – Touhou Spell Bubble (Taito) [06.2.2020]
10./10. – Human Fall Flat (Teyon Japan) [28.12.2017]
11./13. – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
12./15. – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
13./12. – Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo) [27.12.2019]
14./16. – Pokémon Sword (The Pokémon Company) [15.11.2019]
15./14. – Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Nintendo) [26.7.2018]
16./03. – Cuphead (Studio MDHR) [18.4.2019]
17./00. – Urban Trial Playground (3 g o o) [24.5.2018] (currently 91% off)
18./19. – Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) [21.7.2017]
19./00. – Worms W.M.D (Team17) [29.8.2019] (currently 66% off)
20./05. – Nine Parchments (Frozenbyte) [07.12.2017] (was 70% off)

Nintendo eShop – Nintendo 3DS

01./02. – The Battle Cats POP! (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
02./03. – Pokémon Crystal Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [26.1.2018]
03./00. – Mercenaries Saga 3 (Rideon Japan) [05.10.2016] (currently 50% off)
04./04. – Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation (Square-Enix) [24.8.2017]
05./05. – Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo (Nintendo) [23.11.2016]
06./00. – Mercenaries Saga 2 (Rideon Japan) [25.2.2015] (currently 50% off)
07./08. – Bike Rider DX (Spicysoft) [26.12.2012]
08./09. – Ice Station Z (Wobbly Tooth) [05.4.2017]
09./06. – Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS (Microsoft Japan) [14.9.2017]
10./00. – EarthBound (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [04.3.2016]

topics.nintendo.co.jp

ニンテンドーeショップ新作入荷情報 2/14(金)号! 先週の売れ筋 TOP10もご紹介。 | トピックス | Nintendo

ニンテンドーeショップで配信される新作ソフトの情報を毎週お知らせする「ニンテンドーeショップ新作入荷情報」! 今回は、2/7(金)~2/14(金)に配信された新作ソフト情報と、先週

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
but I didn't know Spike dropped them.

It's not so much that they dropped them, it's just they're basically doing it all "in-house" now. They opened a US subsidiary, which handles all localisations of SC games, so they don't have to split revenue with a 3rd-party company. They also grabbed all the 5pb./MAGES. localisations too (used to be PQube, who confirmed they don't have access to their games anymore). Makes sense since they used to have the same parent company.

Problem is that SC US doesn't port anything, they just localise whatever they're given to localise, so if there's no Switch version, it's never going to happen. But yeah, if it was all up to NISA, a port of both Danganronpa and Zero Escape series would've happened ages ago.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The recent Bloomberg news are not great for the Japanese market as it would point toward a slow next gen adoption. Publishers that rely exclusively on the PS ecosystem will be hurt in the process.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Seems like a pretty good debut for Miku? Those games are more about legs too.
It's not so much that they dropped them, it's just they're basically doing it all "in-house" now. They opened a US subsidiary, which handles all localisations of SC games, so they don't have to split revenue with a 3rd-party company. They also grabbed all the 5pb./MAGES. localisations too (used to be PQube, who confirmed they don't have access to their games anymore). Makes sense since they used to have the same parent company.

Problem is that SC US doesn't port anything, they just localise whatever they're given to localise, so if there's no Switch version, it's never going to happen. But yeah, if it was all up to NISA, a port of both Danganronpa and Zero Escape series would've happened ages ago.
Thanks for the info!

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
The recent Bloomberg news are not great for the Japanese market as it would point toward a slow next gen adoption. Publishers that rely exclusively on the PS ecosystem will be hurt in the process.
Most of those publishers have bet against the Japanese market or already transition out. There was plenty of talk of that this gen. Only mid tier and below PS4/PS5 only Japan focused developers would be hurt and they're just continue making PS4 games.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Ring Fit Adventure suddenly returned to the 2nd place on Amazon.co.jp. Small new batch (similarly to what happened with the OG Switch models)?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds unlikely but maybe, I don't think Bamco is fool enough to go for Xbox exclusive anyway so for Japan this is a non factor.
Never said exclusive, just a repeat of Arise's reveal. Show off the game in 4K/60fps (maybe ray tracing?) on the XSX since Sony won't be at E3. Or Sony could undercut them and have a public PS5 demo event and have the game there

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
It's assuming a lot from Bandai Namco Tales Studio that they would put a cross gen title PS4 PS5 XB1 XBXS when they have never released a PS4/X1 game in the first place and are still in the process of mastering an engine they're using for the first time.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's assuming a lot from Bandai Namco Tales Studio that they would put a cross gen title PS4 PS5 XB1 XBXS when they have never released a PS4/X1 game in the first place and are still in the process of mastering an engine they're using for the first time.
does that even exist anymore? I though Bamco dissolved all of their studios into Bandai Namco Studios and just pull from the same work force, like how Nintendo does

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Is that sell through good for Hatsune Miku? How does it compare to the earlier titles on Vita and PS3/PS4?
It's a game with half songs from PS4 that came out years ago with most of them being old and Sega already announced season pass is launching later with additional cost.

They bet on portability and Switch momentum for extra sales since it's a low effort release.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a game with half songs from PS4 that came out years ago with most of them being old and Sega already announced season pass is coming later with additional cost.

They bet on portability and Switch momentum for extra sales since it's a low effort release.

Season Pass is actually Day 1 and includes a bunch of the more popular songs from the aforementioned PS4 game from what people were saying in the thread about it.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'd expect them to farm PS5/XBS out to QLOC like they did Zestiria PS4, Vesperia DE and most of their PC ports. I'm still not ruling out a Switch downport via this route either.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
does that even exist anymore? I though Bamco dissolved all of their studios into Bandai Namco Studios and just pull from the same work force, like how Nintendo does

Yes and no, people come and go but it's not like Tales aren't being done mostly by the same usual core team, supposedly there's more fresh blood and some veterans gain experience through others projects.
It helps with the process of transitioning through others technologies/middlewares but it's still a transition regardless and Tales is in no way a flagship series worth investing so much that it would be one if not their first PS5 XSX outing.

In case people forgot Tales of Zestiria was released as a PS3 exclusive in early 2015, which would be the equivalent of a PS4 only Tales in late 2022 I guess ?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no, people come and go but it's not like Tales aren't being done mostly by the same usual core team, supposedly there's more fresh blood and some veterans gain experience through others projects.
It helps with the process of transitioning through others technologies/middlewares but it's still a transition regardless and Tales is in no way a flagship series worth investing so much that it would be one if not their first PS5 XSX outing.

In case people forgot Tales of Zestiria was released as a PS3 exclusive in early 2015, which would be the equivalent of a PS4 only Tales in late 2022 I guess ?

I'd argue that all of Bandai Namco's portfolio has become increasingly high end and sold on their technological backbone.(hence the lack of Switch ports)

Sticking to current gen only for too long would be something of a regression.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So with Hero in Smash and Your Story on Netflix I wonder if this will help sales of existing games. In the west that is...

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Why is it called Dreams Universe in Japan? That seems like an unnecessary complication of a simple, monosyllabic name.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know, Bamco's MO has changed a bit with the adoption of Unreal Engine. what could have been a tech issue with moving to new systems is mitigated by Epic's ongoing support (and UE4 already supports next gen) and Bamco's push for high end titles. if Arise looked like another game in the series starting with Xillia, I'd agree with you. but this doesn't look like that same series that saw middling investment

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I don't know, Bamco's MO has changed a bit with the adoption of Unreal Engine. what could have been a tech issue with moving to new systems is mitigated by Epic's ongoing support (and UE4 already supports next gen) and Bamco's push for high end titles. if Arise looked like another game in the series starting with Xillia, I'd agree with you. but this doesn't look like that same series that saw middling investment

Time will make it clear either way, Arise don't really look that different from older titles if you look past the post processing filters UE4 allow to enhance visuals.

Oregano : Litterally nothing Bandai Namco has done is high end in the sense that FFVII R or MH W are, they might be just high budget enough to use that as a believable enough excuse to avoid Switch but not much more.
My point wasn't to argue that Bamco would release a Tales of Arise 2 as a PS4 exclusive in Japan in late 2022, surely they moved on from that kind of thinking (or did they?), but to assume they would bother with next-gen up port so late in the development cycle of a product just to be on time for their launch doesn't seem likely either, not to mention the product wouldn't look that good in the first place (and Japan litterally wouldn't care).

The idea of a later PS5/XSX release might be entertained though, but we're so early into this with almost litterally nothing announced from Japan so far that not only I wouldn't bet on any announced project for now but especially not on an IP like Tales which sell 1M copies for the best selling entries, things like Ace Combat, Soul Calibur or Tekken would be better suited for that really.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think that after they ported Yakuza 0 to the Xbox One they'd greenlight a port of it for the Switch as well.
Microsoft checks do work.

You will wait forever if you expect a new Yakuza studio release on anything except PlayStation. Maybe PC will be added sometime in the future if the decline continues.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft checks do work.

You will wait forever if you expect a new Yakuza studio release on anything except PlayStation. Maybe PC will be added sometime in the future if the decline continues.
Nintendo has no interest in paying for them right now. That's clearly how you get them made for non PS platforms.

I still think the real strange one from Sega is Sakura Wars, but that's too late now.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has no interest in paying for them right now. That's clearly how you get them made for non PS platforms.
Yakuza is associated with Sony. If Sega wants to create a fan base at other platforms this can be done only with new releases, there's no point paying for ports of old games if old games is the only you will get.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Eh... not so sure about that when you remember Star Fox, Metroid, Advance Wars, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Wave Race, etc..

Only if you ignore all the Metroid games released on the GameCube, GBA, Wii, and DS. Seriously, the only two 'bad' Metroid games were Other M and Federation Force out of the Prime Trilogy, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Hunters, Metroid Pinball, and Metroid 2 remake.

Advance Wars didn't bring the numbers after awhile, same with F-Zero and Nintendo doesn't even make the Golden Sun games. Out of your list, the only mis-managed franchise is Star Fox.

They were all 1M+ sellers, not that behind from stuff like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade nowadays, which Nintendo is moving some muscles.

Fire Emblem was going to go the way of Advance War until Awakening blew up. The fact is the games you named didn't sell, and they still trying to work on Metroid with only two bad games to its name out of all the games released on the GameCube throughs the 3DS. Also, the F-Zero game that Nintendo put a lot of money into bombed.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only if you ignore all the Metroid games released on the GameCube, GBA, Wii, and DS. Seriously, the only two 'bad' Metroid games were Other M and Federation Force out of the Prime Trilogy, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Hunters, Metroid Pinball, and Metroid 2 remake.

Advance Wars didn't bring the numbers after awhile, same with F-Zero and Nintendo doesn't even make the Golden Sun games. Out of your list, the only mis-managed franchise is Star Fox.

Outside of Metroid, everything else from my list is shelved right now with no sight of any new release soon. Metroid got shelved for years after Other M, with exception of a stinker noboby asked for and another released for a dying system that nobody cared anymore. Metroid Prime 4 (and MPT and Metroid V, if both are real) might change that.

I wasn't talking about quality, anyway.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Outside of Metroid, everything else from my list is shelved right now with no sight of any new release soon. Metroid got shelved for years after Other M, with exception of a stinker noboby asked for and another released for a dying system that nobody cared anymore. Metroid Prime 4 (and MPT and Metroid V, if both are real) might change that.

I wasn't talking about quality, anyway.

F-Zero wasn't shelved right away. The game had a high budged GameCube game and three original GBA games. It even had its own anime.

That and the 3DS was still selling when when Return of Samus released, so the whole 'nobody cared anymore' is hyperbolic. Also, I hate the whole 'nobody asked for' argument since by that logic, we wouldn't get games like Splatoon or RFA since 'nobody asked for it'.