• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So do we think monster hunter stories is dead as a series?
I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a Switch port, would probably be not much effort vs revenue potential.

Game could perform well on Switch since it's a good game.

It might also not perform well though, especially since it will be seen by many MH fans as a slap in the face, unless some sort of classical MH is announced at the same time for the Switch.

If somehow miraculously the (hypothetical) Switch port performs really well, there will be a future for the series.

Otherwise it's dead Jim.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Nope that statement isn't going to elicit more than a couple of shrugs.

Here, let me try.

"Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the lowest selling mainline Kingdom Hearts game and will have no substantial impact on hardware sales of the PS4"

You can definitely do better. Like mention a Switch version or something.

Anyway, looking forward to this week's number, though it's still another couple of weeks until things get really interesting again.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Sorry for double-post, but actual piece of news. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero finally headed to Japan on May 31st. Switch and PS4. 5800 Yen + taxes at retail (taxes included for digital).

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I don't think so, isn't the anime still ongoing?

Won't be surprised if it becomes a mobile gacha game though.

That was going to be my follow up question. Is the anime going?

I was one of the people who thought a switch port was a sure thing forever ago so I dunno now

Yes, the Monster Hunter Stories anime is still going (+70 episodes), but its timeslot is to be taken by the Layton anime in April, so it's most likely ending then.

And I don't think Capcom is going to do anything with the "series" moving forward. Game was already released on mobile (though as premium game), and is getting a content update next month. They did a weird promo match-3 game on mobile (Otomon Drop) too, but that's it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the Monster Hunter Stories anime is still going (+70 episodes), but its timeslot is to be taken by the Layton anime in April, so it's most likely ending then.

And I don't think Capcom is going to do anything with the "series" moving forward. Game was already released on mobile (though as premium game), and is getting a content update next month. They did a weird promo match-3 game on mobile (Otomon Drop) too, but that's it.
That's disappointing. My wife liked the anime.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
This isn't a nostalgia comeback thing, the franchise is still omnipresent in Japan in various types of licensing. FOTN machines - and all the attendant ads that go with them - have been a pachinko mainstay for years. The franchise never went anywhere.

That was a nostalgia comeback in term of traditionnal videogames.
The same could be said about many others (older) IP that are still relevant in pachinko because they catter to an older audience (>30/40 years old), but clearly HnK was one of, if not the, biggest possible contender.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I have seen it all. If you want me to keep quiet and not reveal your darkest secrets to the world, please send 50 BitCoins to the following address: l0lb1tc01nl0lz05rz.

WorldNeverland on Switch out on March 15th. Worlwide release. But 3 700 Yen? Ouch.

$29.99/€29.99 here. Double price of Stardew Valley. It's free to play on Smartphone, isn't it?

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a bomb if they made a bunch of copies they expected to sell but didn't. I don't think anyone had any grandiose asperstions for the game.
It can still described as a bomb if it sells much less than expected. I think they print copies depending on how many copies the stores are ordering and such. No idea what they expected in the first place though, rhytm games arent exactly mega sellers, but probably more than a ~2k opening. Hopefully this project will sell ok in the end, so it was worth it. (Very late reply, sorry, i forgot to reply earlier).

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna say that they're probably moving the MHS team to a proper MonHun for Switch but then I found out that it's apparently made by Marvelous?

The more you know.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Looks like the hint did indicate Switch > PS4. Quite expected for this week, though, along with the natural decline path of PS4 past MHW release.

Bayonetta 2 sales for week 2 at 5400 unit seem really good, expected a stronger decline with no Climax editions available.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the hint did indicate Switch > PS4. Quite expected for this week, though, along with the natural decline path of PS4 past MHW release.

Bayonetta 2 sales for week 2 at 5400 unit seem really good, expected a stronger decline with no Climax editions available.
seriously they should reprint the game as a new sku with a Bayo1 download code inside

Status
Not open for further replies.