• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
This gen might live longer than some people want it to. Projects are still being greenlight for PS4/XB1/Switch like the new Kamiya game.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Mh4 + mh4g sold around 5 million ww (or more ? I'm not sure...) on one platform.
MHW + iceborne sold around 15 million on 3 platforms.

It's obviously a great achievement but it's not blowing 3ds entry out of the water, not to mention the costs of production...
Sold for $60/70 instead of $40. Digital bigger these days then back then and there's MTX to consider too. MHW was a roaring success and Capgods financials reflect this.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why we haven't moved to the new thread yet but I think the point that needs to really be made is that both iterations of the franchise were successful.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
What's with the snappy replies?

Excuse me, but when i read stuff like "capgods" and jerking off about the insane profits a big corporation makes I tend to cringe so hard I just don't want to argue anymore. And I say this as a self admitted Nintendo fanboy for the past 30 years.

Yeah mhw did really great and far above expectations.
No, it is not "The coup of the decade". It successfully opened to an untaped market, the situation of the 3ds in the west was a big limiting factor.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Excuse me, but when i read stuff like "capgods" and jerking off about the insane profits a big corporation makes I tend to cringe so hard I just don't want to argue anymore. And I say this as a self admitted Nintendo fanboy for the past 30 years.

Yeah mhw did really great and far above expectations.
No, it is not "The coup of the decade". It successfully opened to an untaped market, the situation of the 3ds in the west was a big limiting factor.
"an instance of successfully achieving something difficult."

It's definitely one of the biggest coups this gen for PlayStation. There's no arguing that. Capcom deserve the title capgods for their performance this gen and not just MH related.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, the individual models, textures and visual effects don't really add up to something that would be undoable on Switch. Breath of the Wild is a far better looking game with a lot more going on. Being an Unreal game means it should be easier to port. I don't see anything on the technical side that would stress the Switch either but maybe the issues with the current game could be on the CPU side, who knows.
Botw was actually the infernal comparison I was making in my head while playing. Looking for advanced light effects that Brianchild botw video alerted me to. And not really finding them.