• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I've said it before, but if Capcom is looking for the next low-effort bomb, they should just port Gaist Crusher. It would probably sell multiple hundreds of copies.

Don't give them ideas... though I'll admit I kinda of want to see that, ha ha.

Dead Rising is likely dead for Capcom

Well, Onimusha also is, and yet they released a remaster. DR isn't too farfetched, though it's possible Uncle Phil went and payed for another brand new DR game instead :P

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
ERtVSVnUYAAWopo

ERtVSVlUYAEWaGm

ERtVSVmU0AIOpJG

ERvp4f3WsAYqXba

ERv-HH8UEAAEt1o

ERv9gjXXkAA3R0p

ERrOIUjVUAI1UBA

ERwhU6WVUAABagH

ERNTKyyUEAELq2M

ERlyaiQUEAEX053

ERszMlvVUAg6xyD

ERwcmWrWsAEMJKn

ERwcmoRWoAAY9ix

EQdPrn3VUAEoQgf
Thanks for these!
What is written on the memory card?

gamstat

Mar 17, 2019
Okay. So who is the average PS4 player and where are they from?
In the case of Iceborne - they are from Norway, Czechia, Netherlands, Iceland, New Zealand, and El Salvador.
Players from 50% of other countries play Iceborne more often; from another 50% - less often.

Or you may think of it as 'game owners per 1000 PS4 players' (in % to the highest number, so Japan becomes 100%)
If we take 1000 PS4 players from Japan and 1000 players from the U.S., then Japanese players will own ~30 times more copies of Iceborne than Americans.

Seems to me that it is more likely that gamstat is just wrong.
Well, I can't argue with gut feelings.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Breaking news from Japan:

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has expressed his intention to ask all elementary and high schools in Japan to temporarily close beginning March 2, a couple of weeks ahead of the spring break, due to the coronavirus.

www3.nhk.or.jp

Today’s Top Japan and World News | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

Japanese public broadcaster provides the latest breaking news, live video, analysis and features from Asia and around the world.

Usually, that'd be great news for sales, some extra weeks of holidays. But, yeah... : |

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
Breaking news from Japan:
www3.nhk.or.jp

Today’s Top Japan and World News | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

Japanese public broadcaster provides the latest breaking news, live video, analysis and features from Asia and around the world.

Usually, that'd be great news for sales, some extra weeks of holidays. But, yeah... : |

I hope now that schools are closed Japanese politics and especially Abe's cabinet use these schools to go themselves to learn how things should have been done.
Their actions and negligences at the beginning of this crisis made the situation much worse for the country.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if the Olympics are postponed to next year because of this. Can they really air Paprika multiple times a day every day for yet another year?

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Imagine if the Olympics are postponed to next year because of this. Can they really air Paprika multiple times a day every day for yet another year?

Well, there would be no delay. Just cancellation.

TOKYO (AP) — A senior member of the International Olympic Committee said Tuesday that if it proves too dangerous to hold the Olympics in Tokyo this summer because of the coronavirus outbreak, organizers are more likely to cancel it altogether than to postpone or move it.

apnews.com

IOC member casts doubt on postponing or moving Tokyo Games

TOKYO (AP) — A senior member of the International Olympic Committee said Tuesday that if it proves too dangerous to hold the Olympics in Tokyo this summer because of the coronavirus outbreak, organizers are more likely to cancel it altogether than to postpone or move it.

We're not there yet, but yeah, I really feel bad for the poor people in Japan who don't especialyl care about the Olympics, yet have been force-fed it at every opportunity during the past 2 years or so.

Totally expecting the Fire Emblem Expo to be cancelled. Super Nintendo World is most likely going to have its opening delayed too at this rate.

Service gaming now baby

Looking at the website, looks to be mobile stuff. Great. Just hope PG won't go and crash and burn chasing the mobile market.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It's interesting to see Cygames announcing a PC version for their game, releasing about a month after the PS4 version, especially since it's not getting GBF codes on PC.
Badly handled the whole time, even if I guess this strategy works in Japan.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to see Cygames announcing a PC version for their game, releasing about a month after the PS4 version, especially since it's not getting GBF codes on PC.
Badly handled the whole time, even if I guess this strategy works in Japan.

Just saw the Marvelous tweet... badly handled might be an understatement

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
And I guess we can say goodbye to Capcom Switch masterpieces, there isn't almost anything else left to port.
Just RECVX, DMC4 and maybe DmC. Then Dev1 is out of ports unless they want to do more Onimusha or bring back other dead series (Dead Rising, Viewtiful Joe, Lost Planet, Dino Crisis, etc).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm sure many people would be happy with a remastered Lost Planet 2 with a better UI and a functioning multiplayer.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's adult masterpieces/ports have been contingent on whatever they have out on PS4/XBO. Other than the Mega Man stuff Onimusha is the last one they did on PS4/XBO right?

It probably means they are done, especially considering they'll have to start adding DMC3 style additions to justify new releases on PS5/XSX.

Yeah, not just with Marvelous.
Even the US version is releasing way later while being the exact same content as the SEA version.
EU version has new subtitles at least.

Just not a good look to screw over your publishing partner on your first game.

Guess Takaki is done with MMV now.=P

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I think it was it's third one in Japan? Cause I think DQ11 and FF15 were the only other ones.
There are actually a few more. Ps4 got beat the ps3 for million sellers by quite a bit and there's potentially another on the way with ff7.
Surprised to see P5S on PS4 outselling the Switch version almost 3 times.
That's why PlayStation will continue to get certain games as exclusives.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom's adult masterpieces/ports have been contingent on whatever they have out on PS4/XBO. Other than the Mega Man stuff Onimusha is the last one they did on PS4/XBO right?

It probably means they are done, especially considering they'll have to start adding DMC3 style additions to justify new releases on PS5/XSX.
They have a few more possibilities left if it's based on PS4/XBO remasters and crossgen:
  • Dead Rising
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
  • Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
  • Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den
  • Strider
  • The Disney Afternoon Collection
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
Of that I think just RECVX and the DMC games are likely though.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure games getting an extra 30-50% on sales really disincentives multiplatform support? Especially when those numbers often flip overseas for Switch & PS4.

Or did you mean when they're paid for like P5?

If Level 5 can justify forging ahead with PS4 SKUs after the massive failure of Yokai Watch 4++ on PS4 that number/ratio should definitely be good enough.

They have a few more possibilities left if it's based on PS4/XBO remasters and crossgen:
  • Dead Rising
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
  • Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
  • Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den
  • Strider
  • The Disney Afternoon Collection
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
Of that I think just RECVX and the DMC games are likely though.

I would agree, although they were teasing Sengoku Basara stuff for the anniversary so adult masterpieces for Switch alongside a new RE Engine game for PS4 might make sensre.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
There are actually a few more. Ps4 got beat the ps3 for million sellers by quite a bit and there's potentially another on the way with ff7.

That's why PlayStation will continue to get certain games as exclusives.

The switch version undoubtedly added to the sales of the game. It's a decent argument for why PS4 gets games at all, despite dismal hardware sales, but not the argument you're making.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I would agree, although they were teasing Sengoku Basara stuff for the anniversary so adult masterpieces for Switch alongside a new RE Engine game for PS4 might make sensre.
Since Basara's Dev2 any new game wouldn't use RE Engine but instead MT Framework still. I could see 1-3 getting remastered again across PS4, Switch and Steam though.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since Basara's Dev2 any new game wouldn't use RE Engine but instead MT Framework still. I could see 1-3 getting remastered again across PS4, Switch and Steam though.

Oh for some reason I thought they were Dev 1 due to the overlap with DMC, I guess that's a relic of their old structure?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
By the way, can I book the joke with "A hero that nobody knows" and the sales of One Punch Game for next week?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Oh for some reason I thought they were Dev 1 due to the overlap with DMC, I guess that's a relic of their old structure?
Yeah, some of the divisions are sort of messy after the last restructure. See also Dev1 getting Onimusha (and presumably Lost Planet and Dead Rising) despite them being products from the MM team historically. Or Dev1 getting Okami desite the AA team doing Okamiden last.

Actually I assume this is probably why Basara dropped consoles and moved to mobile. Well that and the series utterly collapsing on PS4 sales wise, they really should've moved to handhelds instead after PS3/Wii.