• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

What a ride the development of this game has been. Looked horrible in the reveal, and now it's looking like a remake on par with Spyro's or CTR, if not better. It's still a shame that Medievil 2 isn't included though, considering the standard set by the Spyro / Crash remakes.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Oh man I can't wait to play this again! I only have the Resurrection game on my PSTV and it isn't as good as the original.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Already pre-ordered this! PlayStation has a pretty great lineup over the next month and half with this, Concrete Genie, and Death Stranding. Hopefully Iron Man VR sometime in that window too.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I wish the steelbook was coming over to the US. EU honestly gets a lot of cool steelbooks. I have noticed that for ones we do get, they get another unique design. And then games like Last of Us remastered and Medieval and others only get steelbooks there.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Thinking back, this actually had the most hurriedly thrown together announcement trailer, revealed in the most anti-climactic way, at one of the most rubbish shows Sony's ever put its name to. It's kind of a miracle that it looks as good as it does now, when it felt like such an afterthought to begin with. Looking forward to playing it day one.

Welcome back Sir Dan.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Played Medievil Resurrection on the PSP, and that was my first go with the series. Ended up completing the game two years ago, and now I'm excited to play this full fledged remake of Medievil instead of the PSP port I played.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
xcvGSnw.jpg

Apr 24, 2018
I hope both this and Concrete Genie sell well. Budget fall releases that may both turn out to be fantastic games.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I just liked Medievil but I loved Medievil 2, I thought the locations and general mood were superb.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Played Medievil Resurrection on the PSP, and that was my first go with the series. Ended up completing the game two years ago, and now I'm excited to play this full fledged remake of Medievil instead of the PSP port I played.
Same here but I never beat it. Hoping MediEvil 2 eventually gets remastered or a MediEvil 3!

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling; Prior Warning for Trolling
looks about as good as it's going to sell

poor

sorry

kind of

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Growing up I rented this and the first Spyro game countless times but never got to own them, so it's neat that I get to play remakes of both this generation. Now if only Capcom would get around to an HD re-release of Maximo......

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I find it really funny they are using a Verbatim blu-ray, I used to (not anymore of course) "backup" games of the psx and ps2 era in those and it was my most used brand, they never failed to me

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I don't know I was just being funny... but I think it didn't get as much love as say the Crash remake. this looks rough... animation in particular. ...

Being funny by predicting a flop in a thread about gold celebration? I don't know.

I would say it's about on par with Crash. MediEvil apparently includes a 60fps mode, not sure if it's Pro exclusive.

This remake is completely faithful to the original, might be a turn off for some.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I don't know I was just being funny... but I think it didn't get as much love as say the Crash remake. this looks rough... animation in particular. ...
From the TGS footage I'd say it is just as big an upgrade as Crash. Moreso actually because Crash was stunning for a PS1 game but MediEvil is not up there with the best lookers.