• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, is there a full release date for this yet? I was looking forward to it for a long time but have since lost track on where everything is with this wonderful tool.

Urgh

Banned
May 10, 2019
its cool that 12 year olds now have something other than flash for their middling concepts

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
what did i just watch

need to get back into this, It's really fun booting up and surfing to see how levels are progressing.

also... I can't wait for VR support... because people are gonna be making some trippy stuff.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
This is really cool. I could see dreams working as an indie CG short film making tool.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was alright but those are three minutes I will never get back.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who does animation Dreams seems just complex enough that I feel like my time would be better served investing it in practicing other programs. Its like Rock Band X100 lol. But this seem like a great tool/entry point for folks that don't have access to other animation programs.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I still have no idea how to animate things beyond rotators and physical paintings lol
But some people are already pretty good at it!

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
These dreams movies look better than 99.9% of the low budget CG kids shows. I wonder how the production workflow would compare if a studio decided to just use Dreams to make a show.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty random and trippy lol.

OP
OP
BoJack

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Glad you enjoyed it. Personally it's nothing special IMO, story, art direction...nothing interesting.

Dreams is still awesome
Well that's fair. I really like the trippy aspect of it combined with psychedelic music and cool animations. I also really like the direction tbh.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
These dreams movies look better than 99.9% of the low budget CG kids shows. I wonder how the production workflow would compare if a studio decided to just use Dreams to make a show.

I don't think using Dreams would change much. 9 times out of 10 the direction and art design is intentionally simple. If we're thinking of the same kids shows they'd continue with the same all purpose medium/wide/close up shots with simple flat lighting.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
They did a really good job with facial expressions. Even after watching tutorials I still find character animation intimidating, so it's impressive when I see it done well.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know what was the animated short about two puppets teaching kids about shapes called in Dreams?

I loved that one.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Well that was wholesome ^__^

I dig dreamsurfing so far but I'm mostly looking forward to playing the final release version (If its still slated for release this year).

Last edited: