• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirbion

Oct 25, 2017
AW YEAH, he's back!
giovannihbs0k.gif

The Japanese trailers are a thousand times better. Since the big one was linked earlier in the thread this is the other one.

It shows the return of teleport mazes and it seems that there could be some puzzles with the statues.

OMG, the Rocket Hideout-music is SO GOOD there!
I thought I don't need UltraSun and even Team Rocket couldn't change my mind. Guess I was wrong...

Lugia

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer didn't explain the Rainbow thing. It would have helped to see all the villains lined up to clearly indicate how they form a rainbow. It's odd to see them collaborate since some have diametrically opposed views. But Giovanni is all about organizational power. Maybe he's the glue.

I'm glad they did not explain anything. Showing the villains is enough.

I want some surprises when I play the game.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Is they come from a time line where they won, how are half of them still alive?

I'm not really sure removing all water from the planet was a very good idea for long term survival.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched all the trailers. It was hype to see Giovanni and Rainbow Rocket but mixed on the legendary showcase. As soon as I saw Rainbow Rocket my mind jumped to new Alolan forms because of the rumors. Am I the only one who's not really swayed/hyped by legendaries new or old? All a legendary Pokémon is to me is box fodder.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is interesting. People have speculated that a new canon began with XY and all the previous games were relegated to a separate canon, or are possibly non-canon. Since the rumor that precedes this video states that all these villains from from worlds where their goals were accomplished, perhaps they come from the original games where the player character was not present.

Pokémon exposing the hero falls timeline before Zelda does.

To be serious this makes me wonder if there ever going to try crossing the two dimensions if that's what really happens.

Actually that could be a fun gimmick for Pokemon Switch. One version is the old dimension and the other covers the new one.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Serebii is saying there will be another update on November 10th, next Friday. KEEP THE ALOLAN DREAMS ALIVE.

Also new Smash leaked:
img-media2.jpg

Dragbolt

Oct 26, 2017
I think we know who the true leader of Rainbow Rocket really is...

d5a.png

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is they come from a time line where they won, how are half of them still alive?

I'm not really sure removing all water from the planet was a very good idea for long term survival.

Never played Platinum but didn't that villian want to Evangelion the universe or something too?

I feel like there would be just a little conflict in this group.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Team Rainbow Rocket definitely should have had Lusamine in the lineup. She was a great villain and you can easily explain

Another big omission from Team Rainbow Rocket is the Johto Team Rocket leaders, Archer and Ariana. Yeah, they were just looking for Giovanni, but they were still the main villains of Gen 2. Imagine having them as a double battle.

Still, all this is nitpicking an awesome gift horse in the mouth.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Another big omission from Team Rainbow Rocket is the Johto Team Rocket leaders, Archer and Ariana. Yeah, they were just looking for Giovanni, but they were still the main villains of Gen 2. Imagine having them as a double battle.
There's still a chance they'll pop up, but I guess in a universe where Giovanni won there's no reason for them to rise to power.

Suicreeps

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda making me feel bad that I sold my 3DS to go towards my Switch, I feel like I'm not going to be able to control myself buying another one like the new pokeball one

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's still a chance they'll pop up, but I guess in a universe where Giovanni won there's no reason for them to rise to power.
Now that I think about it, them showing up as Giovanni's lackeys would be the universe where they won. :P

I just think that it makes sense from a fanservice perspective to have the main villains of each generation.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I held slight hope for this game, the hype was nonexistent when it was first revealed, but I'm all in now.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I feel like Ghetsis would be the only one of the group whose "I WON I WON WOOO" reality would actually be what they wanted.

He wanted to rule a world where nobody had Pokemon, and he did, so nobody could go against him and he'd be dictator forever with a legendary dragon at his side that nobody would oppose. That's not really a wild out there thing that could happen in the Pokemon world, and seems like the most likely way a dictator would rise to power. His plan was actually pretty interesting, tricking people into freeing their Pokemon and then turning around and ruling them with the power of his own Pokemon.

Archie, Maxie, Cyrus and Lysandre would be deader than dead. Lysandre would have been nuked when all living things were destroyed, Archie and Maxie would have had their "I've made a huge mistake" moment pretty quickly and Cyrus... uhh... well that might not have ended well. His plan was kooky bananas.

I don't remember what Giovanni's big goal was. I only remember him being a mob boss. He'd probably be like Ghetsis, and just be a dictator, although with randoms running around with potentially super strong Pokemon, I don't know how long the dictator would last.

Will

Oct 26, 2017
Now that I think about it, them showing up as Giovanni's lackeys would be the universe where they won. :P

I just think that it makes sense from a fanservice perspective to have the main villains of each generation.
Eh, they weren't even named characters in Gen 2. They never really felt iconic to me.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lol by the 10th someone will probably have the game and there will be leaks anyway

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would've been a way better name than ResetEra?

RAINBOWERA

Also I hope the conclusion to this storyline is all the bosses trying to usurp each other.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want the plot to go completely off the rails honestly. I would straight up love it if it procedes as normal and then RR is like "lol, all your base is belong to us" and You team up with the Still Evil Aether Foundation and Team Skull.

Give Lusamine and Lillie that uncomfortable bonding time. Maybe make it so Lusamine instinctively intervenes and Protects Lillie, revealing that her mother is somewhere in that husk. But That would be super interesting, which means that GF would never do it :(.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So there's a rental facility but it's only for single battles? Underwhelming if true.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
What if Silver is in the game and he comes from a universe where he succeeded in his goal in never talking to his dad again.

But then he is summoned to the Ultra Sun/Moon universe where he has to work for his dad to further his goal of never speaking to his dad again.

Makes you think.