• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that's dope.
Haven't played any pokemon since X&Y, even skipped on ORAS but this one should be interesting enough to pick up.
Seeing all those legendaries.. I remember being genuinely excited for each and every encounter with them in the past, but now it seems there's just TOO many and I don't really care since I prefer using my trained regular pokemon anyway. But it's cool nonetheless.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Multiplayer is handle in the Ultra's. I know they'll have the usual Battle Spots but I want my 6v6 format. Damnit Game Freak add a 6v6 option in Battle Spot!

Puruzi

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
sxkMsew.png

Is this not postgame? Maybe Lillie doesn't peace out in this one.

Will

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how Multiplayer is handle in the Ultra's. I know they'll have the usual Battle Spots but I want my 6v6 format. Damnit Game Freak add a 6v6 option in Battle Spot!
I can already imagine all the 40 minute ong matches ending in rage quits. It would be nice if they added back in the level 100 scaling for friend battles at least.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't really excited for this but I'm more Interested.

Collecting stickers will probably be a fun a zygarde cubes

loob

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota
Totem Pokemon stuff is hype for sure. Team Rainbow rocket seems hilarious. Catching all the legendaries is cool but what a waste of the second half of that trailer.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
One of the craziest parts of this to me is catching starters just in the wild! Has this been done before?

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder how that meeting went down

Giovanni: Alright, I think it's pretty clear that I'm running this operation.
Ghetsis: What? I don't have to take this, I'm a king!
Cyrus: I'm a god.
Lysander: You all disgust me.
Maxie & Archie: We just want to thank you for the invitation. We have both made terrible mistakes.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Pokemon got weird when I wasn't paying attention.

Yep this whole gen has been weird. This game only got weirder.

Pokemon got weird in Generation III. They got much more fantastical and bizarre and leaned more on scifi elements than natural fantasy. I would say Platinum feels the most like the first two games, but ironically, that's the game that introduces literally God. So... yeah.

I preferred the more humble and less cataclysmic tone of the first two generations, but I gave up fighting it years ago.

CheeseCrazee

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty cool. The story doesn't seem overly generic either. Hopefully new Alola forms get announced soon because I'm not feeling quite as hyped as I was for Sun and Moon.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
This looks pretty cool. The story doesn't seem overly generic either. Hopefully new Alola forms get announced soon because I'm not feeling quite as hyped as I was for Sun and Moon.

I wasn't hyped at all for Sun & Moon and didn't expect to like it very much. I didn't really like XY, I couldn't even finish ORAS, and I bought Moon because it at least looked really different. It quickly became one of my favorite Pokemon games, and it's definitely my most beloved modern Pokemon game.

The result is that I am extremely excited for Ultra Moon and, for the first time, and considering buying both versions. This is something only crazy people do. I am trying to resist the transformation.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this idea, but I'm not crazy about Cyrus (my favorite leader from my favorite team) being a teamplayer here. I interpreted him as way too egotistical to even try to have someone lead him.

Also I don't really care for Giovanni, so having him lead is even worse to me :/

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed. I was hoping Giovanni would have a fancy new rainbow outfit to go with the new title. At the very least he should be surrounding himself with Alolan Muks. Such an amateur.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So what is Rainbow Rocket? All villains banding together to form a team? Is it canon?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Didn't some of these people die in their game?
Cyrus is stuck in limbo, Lysandre died, Ghetis had a mental break down and went insane, Archie/Maxie reformed, Giovanni got all depressed and decided he was done being a crime boss.

That's what normally happens, but this is apparently all of them from time lines in which they won. Which means Cyrus is a god, Ghetis and Giovanni are dictators, and Lysandre, Archie and Maxie are dead because their plans were suicide, even if they succeeded.

Man, Lysandre was dumb. There was no out for him. His plan fails, he dies. He succeeds, he dies. Nice going there. "Eliminate the human race" is not a good idea when you're a human.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This stuff is hype for me and it's cool that the rumor was confirmed. I'm guessing the info on the 10th will contain the Alolan Pokemon mentioned in the rumor among other stuff.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cyrus is stuck in limbo, Lysandre died, Ghetis had a mental break down and went insane, Archie/Maxie reformed, Giovanni got all depressed and decided he was done being a crime boss.

That's what normally happens, but this is apparently all of them from time lines in which they won. Which means Cyrus is a god, Ghetis and Giovanni are dictators, and Lysandre, Archie and Maxie are dead because their plans were suicide, even if they succeeded.

Man, Lysandre was dumb. There was no out for him. His plan fails, he dies. He succeeds, he dies. Nice going there. "Eliminate the human race" is not a good idea when you're a human.

Wasnt lysandre supposed to be immortal in y because of the cannon?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
This is sooooo good. I just don't know why they waited this long to show us why we should be buying these games. Also more info on the 10th? Gotta be new Pokemon considering the leaks are seemingly confirmed.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Lysandre is seriously the worst villain of any game I've ever played. It cannot be overstated how moronic his motives were and how everyone in the story just ignored how incredibly sociopathic he was.

LYSANDRE: I am going to murder all humans. I love genocide. I am going to wipe away my species. I am not joking.
PROF. SYCAMORE: What an eccentric man!

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Lysandre's plan wasn't to eliminate the entire human race, just most of it (as well as all Pokemon). Team Flare was supposed to represent the beautiful chosen few who would survive in his new world, with him at the top.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
And more news on the 10th! This was a good trailer. Not mindblowing, but definitely reassuring. And reassuring is fine at this point. RSE Aqua/Magma got me legit shook, that was not expected, totem size Pokemon is a better collectathon then Zygarde Cells, and Legendary hunting not confined to press A to Battle is great. Not a full dungeon, but having Legendary Spaces as if this is where they reside besides Earth is such a cool thing.
More importantly, the Battle Agency rocks. With the Battle Tree, Battle Royal, and Battle Agency that is two major Battle Facilities away from a frontier. And before anyone corrects me, I do think the Royal is worthy of a frontier level facility. Its a great idea, can get brutal on the master rank, and requires the same level of preparation as anything else. Okay, so there is no Boss of sorts for either of the three or an actual collective reward like the Medals or Stamps, but the gameplay still being there is more then enough.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I want to visit Archie's Water World/Wind Waker style Earth. His plan is nonsense, but it could still have some bit of humanity left on it. It would certainly still have life on it.

Earth would instantly be turned into Mars for Maxie. Porygon, able to thrive in the vacuum of space, would take over and become the dominant species.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played 6v6 since Platinum but they could go quite long back then.

I usually never run a wall. I run with a Milotic sometimes but she's mainly there to stop my opponent momentum. My teams are almost always purely offensive. Sometimes I'm able to break through my opponents walls sometimes I get stopped in my tracks. I win more than I lose and during the XY and ORAS Era (Kek) I spent a insane amount of time battling randoms, winning losing, breeding, training, and raising to battle more randoms. The lost of PSS lead me to spend less time overall with Sun/Moon because I couldn't hardly get any 6v6 matches. I'm hoping for a 6v6 option in Battle Spot or a improvement to Festival Plaza to make it easier to get into a 6v6 match.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish they had shaken up the legendary exclusives. Getting all the Pokémon in the first of the pair of games in Sun and others in moon sucks. They should have switched it.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Considering they brought back the battle factory (aka the best of the Frontier facilities) I'm quite happy. There's also Rare pokemon catching back from the previous games that have had it so, goodbye hours of my life.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, exciting! I can't believe there will be one game where you can catch all these legendaries. Kind of makes the Gold/Silver VC not as interesting since its legendaries are catchable too.
Now it makes the decision of which version to buy more difficult. New Island Scan Pokemon should help add a bit of variety. I wonder who will be left uncatchable in all gen 7 games after all this?