• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
WeAreStarStuff
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
This guy is a destructive monster! We've already lost a rug and a fur overthrow that was passed down to my fiancee.

Forgot to mention, posting regular pictures will also help them learn faster. ;)
Ask and you shall receive! I could do this all day lol...
6x0nS5t.jpg

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
rRIVoAt.jpg

HF4IvpK.jpg

OLlFi8r.jpg

He used to refuse to go down the stairs, now he bounds down them without fear. Here he is contemplating.
He defecated on a rug RIGHT after this shot.
NzQlixH.jpg

OP
OP
WeAreStarStuff
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Subscribed for cute puppy updates.

Has he mastered the stairs?

When we first brought him home Friday night, he very cautiously walked up the stairs after a little encouragement. Friday night and Saturday he refused to go down the stairs, and would whimper and look down them from the top. To be fair, our stairs are floating and pretty open, and even I am afraid for him falling, especially if he were to fall from the top floor, to the middle, and then all the way down to the bottom..............ugh, I shudder just thinking about it. He bounds up and down the stairs without fear now; it's actually pretty entertaining watching his little body hop up the stairs; he'll put his front two paws on the stair ahead of him, and then do a little leap.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
When we first brought him home Friday night, he very cautiously walked up the stairs after a little encouragement. Friday night and Saturday he refused to go down the stairs, and would whimper and look down them from the top. To be fair, our stairs are floating and pretty open, and even I am afraid for him falling, especially if he were to fall from the top floor, to the middle, and then all the way down to the bottom..............ugh, I shudder just thinking about it. He bounds up and down the stairs without fear now; it's actually pretty entertaining watching his little body hop up the stairs; he'll put his front two paws on the stair ahead of him, and then do a little leap.
giphy.gif

Please share a video of your sweet pup tackling the stair challenge.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
So cute! Appreciate the tips too. I'm getting my puppy in a few weeks so hold onto your butts era.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
My new place doesn't allow pets, so I'm living vicariously though this thread and dogs on Instagram

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This pupper is so cute and so is your house! Hope he doesn't destroy all of the things.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Has the shredded newspaper looking rug survived? I would imagine most pups would find it irresistible to destroy.

OP
OP
WeAreStarStuff
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Mini goldendoodle sounds like the perfect breed. I have a Boston Terrier and a French bulldog. They're perfect for apartments but my frenchie sheds a lot. I would love to get a Golden but the shedding is a turnoff. The poodle mix is appealing.

OP
OP
WeAreStarStuff
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
We had a stair scare this morning. He was coming down the third floor stairs and I was going up them. When we met he turned around to follow me up, and his little body slipped through! He was able to grab with his front paws and hold onto the stair while the rest of his body hung in the air. Thankfully I was able to grab him and pull him up...........he seemed unfazed by the entire event lol. This is my biggest fear though; I'd imagine him slipping through the stairs would be fatal.

do you let him sleep in bed with you? because you should

No, right now we crate him at night in our bedroom. Maybe when the little hobag is better trained, but I don't trust him on furniture at the moment.

Will you eventually let him post on here?

He already has been!

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
We had a stair scare this morning. He was coming down the third floor stairs and I was going up them. When we met he turned around to follow me up, and his little body slipped through! He was able to grab with his front paws and hold onto the stair while the rest of his body hung in the air. Thankfully I was able to grab him and pull him up...........he seemed unfazed by the entire event lol. This is my biggest fear though; I'd imagine him slipping through the stairs would be fatal.
giphy.gif

You should attach something to the underside of the stairs to prevent this or stop him from using the stairs until he's too big to fall through :(

Samara

Oct 25, 2017
Québec
Mini goldendoodle sounds like the perfect breed. I have a Boston Terrier and a French bulldog. They're perfect for apartments but my frenchie sheds a lot. I would love to get a Golden but the shedding is a turnoff. The poodle mix is appealing.

I'd like to know too. We had a mini red poodle. She was a terrible dog. But compared to her hair against our dog fur: yeah the shedding is crazy.

And that color too. Phew. Get ready to be stopped by everyone. Everyday. :p

OP
OP
WeAreStarStuff
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
giphy.gif

You should attach something to the underside of the stairs to prevent this or stop him from using the stairs until he's too big to fall through :(

Yeah I think I'm going to talk to my fiancee about putting some temp. backs to our stairs. The little guy just runs up and down them with reckless abandon, and I've seen him slide on them several times. It would be a bad fall man. He could fall from the third floor, hit the stairs on the second floor, fall through them, and then smack into the polished concrete bottom floor...aghhh.

I'd like to know too. We had a mini red poodle. She was a terrible dog. But compared to her hair against our dog fur: yeah the shedding is crazy.

And that color too. Phew. Get ready to be stopped by everyone. Everyday. :p

I know that he's still small, but so far shedding has not been an issue at all. Haha, yeah we get stopped everywhere. I was walking him alone the other evening and a van full of women stopped in the middle of the road to ask about him lol. If I was single I wouldn't be single long with this little furball.

Why Wolly instead of Wally, if it's pronounced Wally?
Great question, but what has been done, cannot be undone.