• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

DgDC0jqVQAEmPKj

Capcom's Official Rockman Twitter revealed the official packaging art for the Rockman/Mega Man 11 Limited Edition Package today, and with it, we get our first ever looks at Dr. Light and Dr. Wily in their youth. Looks like the game's plot will either feature time travel or a flashback to their college days and the creation of the double gear system.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Besides Ariga's MegaMix, this is like the only other time we've seen depictions of a younger Wily and Light, right? Much less that this is official!

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Wonder if they're going to give young Dr. Light white hair still. Still no santa beard and a nose half the size got him looking kinda nice too.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Destroying a corrupted society is hardly an evil thing to do.

Harming millions of innocent people by turning their robots into maniacs in a bid to take over the world is not "destroying a corrupted society". That's a giant misinterpretation of who Wily
actually is.

Oct 25, 2017
Tom, listen to yourself, then listen carefully to me.
If you replace the working parts, you get a different machine.
The man who turns the wheels, they will follow
Anywhere he leads.

We've spent our whole lives searching
For a way to make a better world.
Giving everything to them, asking nothing in return.
Well here it is: our chance to take back everything we've earned.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. An excuse to post Protomen. I know it's not canon, but it's still cool.

Tom, listen to yourself, then listen carefully to me.
If you replace the working parts, you get a different machine.
The man who turns the wheels, they will follow
Anywhere he leads.

We've spent our whole lives searching
For a way to make a better world.
Giving everything to them, asking nothing in return.
Well here it is: our chance to take back everything we've earned.
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Breaking Out was the best song on that album by the way.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
What if young dr wrong willy is a good guy and somewhere along the road he slips into the dark side?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wily looking rad.

Uncle Light is pretty much the same but shaved lol. I'll allow it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
What if young dr wrong willy is a good guy and somewhere along the road he slips into the dark side?

That is exactly what happened. Wily and Light originally worked together in the same lab and built some of the same robots together. When Light got recognition for the work and Wily doesn't get any credit he reprograms the bots and they go on a rampage.

In fact most of the original 8 machines with the exception of Rock and Roll who were house maintenance bots were basically built for construction and industrial use (Cutman acting as Timber-felling Robot to cut down trees, Elec-Man being used to control voltage of power plants, etc)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
"Albert, could you maybe cut your hair a little less...evil?"
"I'm telling you Thomas, this style's gonna catch on!"

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I've wanted to see this for years! Maybe Mega Man 11 will go full-on time travel and zap back to the past? That would be awesome!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know the origin story behind Dr. Light's accent.