• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
megamancartoon2.jpg

http://www.dhxmedia.com/brands/

"Aki Light is a regular, upbeat, robot schoolboy. He lives in the futuristic world of Silicon City, co-inhabited by robots and humans. But this robot boy has a secret… Deep within his programming lies protocols that can transform him into the powerful hero, Mega Man! When the villainous Sgt. Night and his evil team of Robot Masters emerge with ill-intentions, Mega Man dedicates himself to protecting the citizens of Silicon City. Equipped with his Mega Buster arm cannon and the ability to absorb the powers of his opponents, he bravely battles the wickedest of villains. In this brand new series inspired by the iconic Mega Man video game, comical, action-packed adventures abound as we follow the journey of Aki Light and his alter-ego, Mega Man, as he strives to balance life as an ordinary robot boy AND an amazing superhero."

oh

oh my god

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
OMG...
That is a face only a mother can love.
So ugly.

Edit: Yup, went to their website...Maker of Teletubbies. Now I can see why.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Ugh, why do they keep destroying my childhood like this? How is a 30+ year old adult like me supposed to enjoy cartoons these days?

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god Mega Man 11 exists or else this would feel even more painful.

I'll take a potentially bad Mega Man game over this schlock.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
And of course people will defend it by saying "for kids" when you can absolutely make a faithful Mega Man cartoon that is lighthearted, has good animation and treats the audience with respect.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not holding out much hope for a good mega man cartoon in this day and age... Hopefully 11 will be good at least.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yes, there is no actual makers of the robot masters or any sort of plot relevance as to why they exist, so lets just make a new bad guy. What's the opposite of light? Oh Sgt Dark, Sgt Darikness, oh that's too obvious. Sgt. Night sounds pretty good yeah. And it fucking rhymes, aren't we a bunch of fucking genious eh.

I have no nostalgia or special feelings towards Megaman beyond the Battle Network series and got into the main series/X/Zero/XZ far after that fact, but even I can know and realize that morons with no respect to the main works is behind this atrocity, and Capcom deserves to be lambasted for greenlighting this with no remorse.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
No one was left who could remember how it had happened,
How the world had fallen under darkness.
At least no one who would do anything.
No one who would oppose the robots.
No one who would challenge their power,
Or so Dr. Wily believed...

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try to hold out hope with Joe Kelly/Man of Action attached to this...

I'm gonna try...

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man of Action's been attached to their fair share of mediocre bad stuff before, like a lot of their Marvel cartoon work.
*sigh* I know. I havent really paid much attention to them since Ultimate Spider Man and fell off right before the Spider Verse stuff kicked in due to losing cable. And I thought that stuff was pretty alright.

I'd just rather wait for it to actually disappoint me than let it happen ahead of time without actually giving it a chance. It'll just be a shame if Mega Man is all poised for a comeback and this just bites it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...this is Mega Man ZX...if the plot is "humans and robots live together"...then yeah, this is Mega Man ZX...but...not good.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this still going to be short episodes? If so I will not put too much faith into some proper character development to happen.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
for me its just not ideal that people use a license purely for the name and then are like eh lets just give it to whomever to work on and it can be about whatever the fuck

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's the 11 minute episode crap.
Welp. Guess it's probably going to be episodic short eps then, just like their new Inspector Gadget then.

I guess (old) Slug Terra and The Deep are the only things they've got with full length eps and ongoing stories.
Was hoping it'd at least be like that.

Last edited: