• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Mega Man Fully Charged Art Prints Hit The Web, First Look at Main Villian

Dec 8, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/emroca/

An artist by the name of Jose Emroca Flores is doing official said art for the new Mega Man cartoon at Comic Con this week, giving us new looks at Mega Man and co., including Elec Man, Cut Man, and what looks to be the show's main antagonist, "Sergeant Night."

Looking like Wily is indeed not in this series, at least from the outset.

Going to say right now, this guy is a very talented artist, but these images aren't doing anything for me.

Rush...you don't look so good

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
In a series well known for having "new" bad guys with tacky names later turn out to be the actual usual antagonist, you really think there's zero percent chance that guy's either Wily in a suit or controlled by Wily?

Oct 25, 2017
The art here sort of gives me Psychonauts vibes. I like'em. Just sad it won't translate to 3D in what bits of promo we've seen.

Jun 29, 2018
Oh wow these actually look good but judging from that small green guy, they're probably pretty old?
The decision to exclude Wily is a wild one indeed, hey, let's adapt a somewhat famous property, but change everything we can about it. Why not? We're such auteurs after all! Unless it's a MM4-6 style ruse but even then so much was changed for no reason there's like no trust from me.

OP
OP
Zippo
Dec 8, 2017
In a series well known for having "new" bad guys with tacky names later turn out to be the actual usual antagonist, you really think there's zero percent chance that guy's either Wily in a suit or controlled by Wily?
Definitely not zero, but given how many creative liberties they've taken with the cartoon so far, I'm not counting my chickens.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not zero, but given how many creative liberties they've taken with the cartoon so far, I'm not counting my chickens.
That's what sprung to mind with me as well. I don't have much faith in the show at all, I'll give it a watch anyway, just to see if I change my mind but judging by the target audience for the show, I have my doubts I'll like it.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... it looks... fun? I adhere to the opinion that not every adaptation has to be 100% faithful to the source material. Experimenting with different approaches to that source material can yield good results. At most, it's a bad or mediocre product that is easily forgotten and replaced. No harm done.

OH MY GOD, Cut Man, what is that haircut!?

Get a better hair cut, man.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i'm ignorant, but i just can't imagine someone looking at that art-style and thinking "Yes, this is it. Perfect.". It looks horrible to me. Some of the robot masters look ok ... *sees "haircut" on Cut Man* ... well at least Fire Man looks ok.

Oct 29, 2017
Rush Bike looks rad!

Art style in general is quite out there, but it's a kid cartoon anyway. Come on guys, let's be kind. We have Mega Man 11 on the way.

Oct 27, 2017
I will say this looks better then the 3D renders but that’s not saying much.

Do they think a style like the actually games wouldn’t catch on?

Oct 25, 2017
When your Pachislot game has better designs than your cartoon, you are in deep trouble. I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt, even if I don´t like the art direction the show may be fun. This is how they look in the show.

Oct 25, 2017
When your Pachislot game has better designs than your cartoon, you are in deep trouble. I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt, even if I don´t like the art direction the show may be fun. This is how they look in the show.

Oh god, Ice Man is the worst.