• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't blame the artist for this, seems they were just drawing in their style. But whoever the art director was seriously dropped the ball.

IsaacC

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 17, 2018
OH MY GOD, Cut Man, what is that haircut!?

zyArP6S.png
they gave CutMan a BOWLCUT?! What irony is this.

Honestly though...I actually love the Art style on these prints...why does the show itself look like hot garbage?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Looks kinda like psychonauts.... I'm okay with that but why doesn't the actual show look like it?

Also hire this person for a psychonauts show

latest

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
It's really a bummer how Megaman himself looks. The robot masters actually look kind of cool, the only thing about this whole show I've seen that I really really abhore is Megaman's design. If they'd just tweak him to look less... odd, I feel like this show could be fun to watch.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The Robot Masters look amazingly well in this art, can't say the same about MegaMan and Rush.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
When your Pachislot game has better designs than your cartoon, you are in deep trouble. I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt, even if I don´t like the art direction the show may be fun. This is how they look in the show.

megamanfullycharged_koui6f.jpg
Poor Ice Man, he looks awful. Such a simple design, it seems like it'd be hard to mess it up, but they somehow managed.

The other Robot Masters look alright. Although I think Bubble Man could be a bit fatter. Air Man is kinda weird, though, he looks more like a clock, I thought it was Time Man at first.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly get the feeling this show won't look quite as bad once they're pulling facial expressions that aren't Generic Poster For The Kids creepy grins.

Still though, there's something legitimately timeless about Mega Man's original design and art direction. Say what you will about the She-Ra reboot, but that show's look would look incredibly out of place today. This Mega Man though?

megaandco.jpg

It holds up! There's a reason Mickey Mouse has barely changed appearance since the '40s.

Galactor

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I honestly get the feeling this show won't look quite as bad once they're pulling facial expressions that aren't Generic Poster For The Kids creepy grins.

Still though, there's something legitimately timeless about Mega Man's original design and art direction. Say what you will about the She-Ra reboot, but that show's look would look incredibly out of place today. This Mega Man though?

megaandco.jpg

It holds up! There's a reason Mickey Mouse has barely changed appearance since the '40s.

Yep, put that in HD + some good plot = win

probably its too expensive, thats why rush's legs are now some circles.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that art style is still doing nothing for me. Just doesn't really fit Mega Man.

Hopefully that villain is actually Wily. Not including him at all just feels wrong.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
If only the show were that stylized.

::Sigh::

When your Pachislot game has better designs than your cartoon, you are in deep trouble. I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt, even if I don´t like the art direction the show may be fun. This is how they look in the show.

megamanfullycharged_koui6f.jpg

edf791b40d4b6d2744974e4e171af9da.jpg

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017

megaandco.jpg

You think the show itself isn't going to be Generic For The Kids TV?

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Definitely not vibing with that art style ever since I first saw it revealed way back. Why do I feel better looking at that old goofy western cartoon than this. It looks too modern maybe? It must be the face and megamans general look. Maybe it looks like the target demographic was aged way down and its not really giving more mature audiences anything to appreciate. This feels like teen titans go and the new ben10.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it'll be entirely generic, mostly because the genre is so diverse at this point. It'll probably be a Ben 10 rip-off at worst.
It's still just a show aimed at kids though. This reminds me of the Duck Tales reboot thing. You had all these blogs doing episode reviews like it was actually aimed at 20/30 somethings. Nah.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is uncomfortably hard to take seriously. I've reached the point where I'd be grateful if my favorite things would just wait a good decade before they start making comebacks. Not a great time for cartoons.

Cartoons were constantly looking better and better for years, then someone must have realized how much cheaper it is to go distorted and minimalist. I know it's all preference and that at 27 I'm not the target audience, but "stylized" and "bad" are starting to feel synonymous.

pbLgzUu_d.jpg

...Christ

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this is a Ben 10 Omniverse situation, where all the still images look like shit, but it's actually decent looking in motion.

Poor Ice Man, he looks awful. Such a simple design, it seems like it'd be hard to mess it up, but they somehow managed.

The other Robot Masters look alright. Although I think Bubble Man could be a bit fatter. Air Man is kinda weird, though, he looks more like a clock, I thought it was Time Man at first.

That's Wave Man, not Bubble Man. I think he looks pretty great. Other than Air Man and Ice Man, I like most of the Robot Masters.

It's not Air Man; I present Wind Man.

Pretty sure it actually is Air Man going by the colors. He looks nothing like Wind Man either lol. Don't know what they were thinking. At least Ice Man looks like Ice Man with the hood down more or less.