• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
DiZNMcAX4AIiVpW.jpg

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/07/mega-man-fully-charged-airs-on-august.html?m=1

The new Mega Man cartoon is getting a massive media push at Comic Con this week, where it's first episode will premiere.
We finally also now habe an air date. August 5th. There will be autograph signings, a statue and there's a toyline launching in the spring. Protodude has said that he has seen footage of the show and that's it "very much it's own thing." Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you to decide.

Press release below:

"Just in time for the 30th anniversary of the legendary video game character, Mega Man is returning to TV in an all-new, amped-up animated series," says Josh Scherba, President, DHX Media. "We're confident fans both old and new will love this new series, as they follow Mega Man's fast-paced adventures, beginning this summer."

"Following Capcom's announcement of the new Mega Man 11® video game, we are thrilled to be launching an exciting new animated series, Mega Man: Fully Charged," said Yuichi Kinoshita, President & CEO, Dentsu Entertainment USA. "From TV and YouTube to video games and toy shelves, Mega Man will soon be everywhere kids are watching and playing.""Mega Man is exactly the kind of hero we need right now," said Joe Kelly, Executive Producer/Story Editor, Man of Action Entertainment. "Optimistic, inquisitive and more focused on helping others and understanding adversaries than just locking them up. We love this character."

Mega Man: Fully Charged soaring into San Diego Comic-Con
San Diego Comic-Con attendees will be among the first to get a peek at the all-new series during the Mega Man: Fully Charged panel taking place on Friday, July 20, 6 - 7 p.m. PT (San Diego Convention Centre - Room 25ABC). Along with an exclusive episode premiere from the series, the panel features Capcom's Kazuhiro Tsuchiya (video game producer: Mega Man® 11, Asura's Wrath™), Logan McPherson (DHX Studios, VP, creative & animated production: Slugterra, The Deep, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the series) and Man of Action Entertainment's Joe Casey and Steven T. Seagle (executive producers and story editors: Mega Man: Fully Charged), who will provide a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of reimagining this classic property for the next generation.

Other Mega Man: Fully Charged Comic-Con highlights include:

• Exclusive Mega Man: Fully Charged artwork signing on Friday, July 20, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. PT, with Man of Action Entertainment's Joe Casey and Steven T. Seagle, Executive Producers/Story Editors of Mega Man: Fully Charged, and Kazuhiro Tsuchiya, producer of Mega Man® 11, Asura's Wrath™, at the Capcom booth (#215), where fans can also play the all-new video game launching October 2, 2018.
  • Event exclusive merchandise made available from Toynami (Booth #3229). While visiting Toynami, don't forget to snap a selfie with a life-sized Mega Man statue – and share it on social media with friends and family, with hashtag #MegaManFullyCharged
  • Limited-edition Mega Man: Fully Chargedartwork by pop artist Jose Emroca Flores (Booth #4722).

WildBrain Mega Man: Fully Chargedfan hub launching on YouTube
In addition to the series' launch on Cartoon Network and Family Channel, episode trailers for the new Mega Man: Fully Charged will be available on DHX Media's YouTube-based kids' network WildBrain. Beginning July 21, fans can check out clips and trailer previews on a weekly basis on the Mega Man: Fully Charged-dedicated YouTube channel.

New Mega Man: Fully Charged consumer products coming spring 2019

Fan interaction with Mega Man: Fully Charged will be action-packed off-screen as well, with the launch of the show's consumer products hitting toy shelves in spring 2019. The upcoming line from master toy licensee JAKKS Pacific includes action figures, figurines, playsets and accessories, role-play items, and everyday dress-up and Halloween costumes.

About Mega Man: Fully Charged

Created for kids 6 to 11, and their parents who grew up loving the video games, Mega Man: Fully Charged features exciting new technologies and robots, and the introduction of Mega Man's alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot with nano-core technology that allows him to transform into the mega-powered hero Mega Man! With his Mega Buster arm cannon and iconic helmet, Mega Man battles the wickedest villains Silicon City has to offer. Beloved characters, such as Mega Man's robotic dog, Rush, will return – while new characters, like Mega Mini™ and Suna Light, will make their debut!

The Mega Man® franchise is grounded in a series of popular video games, first launched in 1987 by Capcom, featuring battles fought by the eponymous blue robot hero and an ongoing cast of allies and enemies. Mega Man® has spawned over 136 video games on multiple gaming systems, selling over 32 million copies worldwide, as well as a plethora of toys, comics and collectibles. Capcom is releasing the highly anticipated sequel, Mega Man 11, coming to home consoles on October 2, 2018. A highly rated Mega Man TV series was popular in the USA in the mid-1990s and aired on ABC Family.
Distribution and licensing rights worldwide, excluding Asia, for the new Mega Man: Fully Charged series are managed by DHX Media. Dentsu Entertainment manages distribution and licensing in Asia.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I wonder what kind of gameplay to expect from the Mega Man Fully Charged subseries.

Either way, I'll give the cartoon a chance. I'm a sucker for all things Mega Man.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised CN hasn't been hyping it already during commercials considering it debuts so soon. They usually start airing previews suuuper early.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Is that smirk obligatory of 3D animations?

Anyways, dun got cable so I'll suffer the misfortunes of not being able to check the show out. If this is getting games based off of it that'd be something I'd at least keep tabs on.

edit! I think the robot masters and background aren't to shabby. The mega boy himself though... ick.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Looks like another modern cartoon that will destroy my childhood. Why is it all modern cartoons have this ugly cheap looking animation style?

What happened to the high quality animation from the 90's back in the "good ol' days?"

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
The show might turn out to be good but the artstyle definitely still needs to be killed with fire.
20666577.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Atrocious artstyle. I get that it's for kids and all, but even still...

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
It'll somehow get obscure airing times months later in favor for more Teen Titans Go reruns.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know what is worst. This crap or the new Thundercats.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
This is going to somehow become the next Teren Titans Go and will make this Mega Man the face of the franchise.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I was under the impression that this was cancelled years ago. I'll give it a chance though, but if I don't like it it's also not for me anyways

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Looks like another modern cartoon that will destroy my childhood. Why is it all modern cartoons have this ugly cheap looking animation style?

What happened to the high quality animation from the 90's back in the "good ol' days?"
I don't exactly remember the old Mega Man cartoon having high-quality animation outside of its opening. Most of the cartoons I remember growing up with were pretty poorly animated.

At the very least this Mega Man isn't green.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The only way this isn't a complete shitshow is if the writers take the Sonic Boom approach of being extremely meta and self aware at all times.

I do not expect that to happen.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Geez, looking at it now I think of the designs shown the one I dislike the most is probably Ice Man. He went from this cute and funny looking little robot wearing a parka to now looking like a huge douchebag.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Geez, looking at it now I think of the designs shown the one I dislike the most is probably Ice Man. He went from this cute and funny looking little robot wearing a parka to now looking like a huge douchebag.
Yeah what the heck is up with that? Personally I think the redesigns vary from meh to okay, but Ice Man's is just bad. Like why does he look like that?