Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The new Mega Man cartoon will finally premiere at Comic Con in two weeks. Most likely with an air date.

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/mobile/#session:4c4d08304268d0cc5b9101896fe57956

"Kazuhiro Tsuchiya (CAPCOM, video game producer, Mega Man, Asura's Wrath), Man of Action (creators of Ben 10 and the team and characters of Big Hero 6), and Logan McPherson (DHX Studios, VP, creative and animated production, Slugterra, The Deep, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2D series)) give a behind-the-scenes peek into the production of this new animated show, aimed at kids 5 to 11.Celebrating the 30-year legacy of this iconic, game-based character, the panelists will discuss the background and creative evolution of the new series, followed by screening of never-before-seen footage from the show, coming soon to Cartoon Network."

DY0WlRcWsAAkuh8.jpg+large.jpg

i can barely contain my excitement

Lol

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Why did they go with that face? I've never hated something so much in my life and I don't even really care all that much about Mega Man.

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts seeing thread title: Oh yeah, I remember reading there would be a new show! That's neat! *click*
My thoughts as I scrolled down to the poster: Jesus fuck nevermind

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
The designs don't work for me, but I guess I am not their target audience.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
This is like the 5th redesign megaman has had, they really are having a hard time nailing it down.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I find it hard to get worked up over something Cartoon Network is likely going to send to die in its early bird weekend slot eventually, anway.

At least we got MM11 to look forward to.

Oct 29, 2017
I can't possibly imagine this being received well. Hell, I still remember the old 90s anime they put out and I find hard to believe this will be better than that, but let's see. That face certainly isn't doing any favors though.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Looking forward to it! My kids have been getting interested in Mega Man from seeing me play the Legacy Collection games. The time is right for a new Mega toon.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
why is it that whenever a video game gets a tv/movie adaptation it feels like the first thing the people making it say is "ok how can we make fans of the games absolutely fucking hate this"

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
How fucking hard is it to just draw a fucking megaman? He looks like a little creep in that art. Sonic Boom made all the characters lanky, but fuck at least they got the faces 100% right.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby fans got pretty lucky.

fd12511728a4e7f1a2a49d80d012f3ca55dad2d6_hq.gif

Honestly even though the anime was pretty decent it's still not true to the games at all. Kirby went from being a badass who regularly saves the galaxy from eldritch abominations to being a dumb baby who can barely be considered the protagonist of his own show.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
What is this thing with making cartoons look as cheap as possible? I'm looking at this , the new ninja turtles and thunder cats.