• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
The slide was a nice touch, but the true reason 3 is better than 2 is that there's much better weapon balance. Metal Man's weapon is just way too overpowered.

That, and the fact that 3 has noting as rage-inducing as that Crash Bomb-only boss in Wily's Castle.
I'm biased since MM3 is the only MM game I owned growing up, and I played the hell out of it.

I honestly prefer it because I enjoy the addition of the slide, I find the soundtrack to be better/catchier, I like the weapons and Robot Masters themselves more, and I'm keen on new characters such as Rush and Proto Man.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017

I spent so much time memorizing the spots where nightmares can kill a rescue. I got UH hunter ranks for both X and zero.

I perfected some stupid gaps which is near impossible for some armors.

People will say that the donuts are can be awful. The gate fight is awful. But clearing them even with all the bullshit is so much satisfaction and relief.

All of the above are stupid decisions for the game. But as a megaman game, you just fight through it.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'll say it: I have faith that X9 is going to happen.

I'm definitely of the opinion that this logo exists for no reason. Let's see what E3 brings. Also, Capcom told Game Informer that Mega Man 11 was not a one off, and that the series is coming back in full force, so there's that as well.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I spent so much time memorizing the spots where nightmares can kill a rescue. I got UH hunter ranks for both X and zero.

I perfected some stupid gaps which is near impossible for some armors.

People will say that the donuts are can be awful. The gate fight is awful. But clearing them even with all the bullshit is so much satisfaction and relief.

All of the above are stupid decisions for the game. But as a megaman game, you just fight through it.
yeah, if you know all the bullshit the game throws at you and know how to counter them X6 become almost playable.
but sadly the level design is basicaly non existent, the bosses design is laughable and the game concept of difficulty is "throw everything at once at the player" while at the same time if you had collected everything X and Zero are walking tanks that only spikes and bottomless pits can kill.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I tried 3 different times to get into the Z series but I just couldn't... I don't give a crap about all this talking bullshit and I hate how if you fail a mission in Zero 1 it's just gone and you can't try it again and the super tiny GBA resolution is just the final nail in the coffin. I play X and Classic and that's it.

It's true, unfortunately. Only in the first Zero game (thankfully), if you actually failed a mission, the story would move on and you couldn't retry it unless you either reboot from a save or tried it again in a New Game+. It was entirely possible to permanently miss out on the Elemental Chips and some Cyber Elves on a playthrough in this manner, and the game never gave you a heads-up that it was going to do this type of thing.

Thankfully, the following Zero games got rid of that.