• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I hope X9 either has modern graphics or ps1 graphics, not SNES graphics. X4 is my favorite non Battle Network game so perhaps I'm bias

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Why you gotta treat Axl like that?
Haven't played X7 but given its reputation, I have little doubt that I'll revise my post after playing X7 later this month.

I hope X9 either has modern graphics or ps1 graphics, not SNES graphics. X4 is my favorite non Battle Network game so perhaps I'm bias
Oof, I completely disagree. 16-bit SNES style all the way. I love X4 but 1-3 are the lookers of the series.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Haven't played X7 but given its reputation, I have little doubt that I'll revise my post after playing X7 later this month.

Oof, I completely disagree. 16-bit SNES style all the way. I love X4 but 1-3 are the lookers of the series.

I'm almost positive if I grew up with the snes games and not the PlayStation ones I'd feel as you do so I get it

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You'll get s better impression from X8 to be fair.

Also if we get X9 I say just do what there doing with MM11.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I grew up with the SNES games but I don't want that art style to come back again. No more nostalgia baiting, show me what Mega Man X in 2019 or later can look like

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm almost positive if I grew up with the snes games and not the PlayStation ones I'd feel as you do so I get it
Fair enough! It's all about nostalgia anyway.
You'll get s better impression from X8 to be fair.

Also if we get X9 I say just do what there doing with MM11.
I've actually played X8 and honestly can't remember Axl at all. <_< To be fair, I haven't played it in many years.

I grew up with the SNES games but I don't want that art style to come back again. No more nostalgia baiting, show me what Mega Man X in 2019 or later can look like
So long as it's got quality spritework, I'm fine with a modern look.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All I can say is this is potentially very interesting. I don't think we should actually take it to be confirmation of X9 until Capcom officially announces an X9.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Nah, sprites isn't "baiting." It's simply the best the series has ever looked. (Though I understand if someone feels X4 -- but we're still dealing with old sprites.)

We got two old school looking classic games. I want that with the X series, which has received far less love than the classic series. Maybe X10 or X11 can be modern graphics but for this, I want SNES. They looked and played the best.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
As cool as sprites would be, unless they get Inti Creates or some other outside contractor to do the spritework, I don't see Capcom springing for a 2D pixel art game at all.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
X9 is the unannounced game that I want the most in life. While I would say that I think the success of the X Legacy Collection depends on it happening, I think it's much likelier that development is already well under way and it will come out at the end of 2019 or early 2020.

Would love to get a collection of the remaining Mega Man series on modern consoles though. I love the Zero and ZX games and I like the Legends games but I've never spent much time with Battle Network/Star Force and if they could add some QOL to those games I'd be so into it.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so pumped I started reading the Archie comics......but I'm supposed to be playing Legacy Collection. What do I do guys!?

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i am waiting for my boy Axl to return to x9. My favourite character.

When i read trophy list when it first come out i think the same. It has good chance to be revealed.

For trophy list, it actually not too hard, nothing crazy like no dmg for entire game something like that.

Difficulty for me:
Collection 1: 3/10
Collection 2: 5/10

Oct 27, 2017
They don't need to go back to the Zero series when ZX has been asking for a sequel for years.

Yeah, I haven't been able to get into those games the same as the others. To be fair, I haven't given either of them a solid playthrough even though I've owned both for some time. I have a hard time suspending my disbelief and accepting the characters. I prefer Megaman actually being Megaman and Zero actually being Zero rather than imposters taking on their personas. Then again, I've been having a great time with 20XX solely due to the gameplay, so maybe it's time I went back and gave them another chance.

When all is said and done, and be pretty happy with any of the (action) series getting a new installment.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Serious question for X fans:

Would we even want an X9? The best chance we'd ever have at something that relives the glory days is for them to pull a Sonic Mania where the Corrupted guy gets their blessing to make an entire game with a team of professional artists and programmers.

I don't trust the capcom that cancelled Legends 3, made the subpar ZX/Advent games, the bad Battle Network later entries, and pushed out X6-X8 to make a competent X9.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Would we even want an X9? The best chance we'd ever have at something that relives the glory days is for them to pull a Sonic Mania where the Corrupted guy gets their blessing to make an entire game with a team of professional artists and programmers.

I don't trust the capcom that cancelled Legends 3, made the subpar ZX/Advent games, the bad Battle Network later entries, and pushed out X6-X8 to make a competent X9.

But it isn't that Capcom anymore.

Instead, it's the Capcom who is making Mega Man 9, which is apparently fantastic based on E3 impressions. Holding X7 and Legends 3 against Capcom making a new X game now is very silly.

(Also, X8 is a great game.)

IsaacC

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 17, 2018
I thought the PS1 version was supposed to be better.

This is literally how people found out about Mega Man 11.
The PS1 version has cool animated cutscenes, but the SNES version of X3 is by far the superior version. Smoother and with infinitely better music.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I haven't been able to get into those games the same as the others. To be fair, I haven't given either of them a solid playthrough even though I've owned both for some time. I have a hard time suspending my disbelief and accepting the characters. I prefer Megaman actually being Megaman and Zero actually being Zero rather than imposters taking on their personas. Then again, I've been having a great time with 20XX solely due to the gameplay, so maybe it's time I went back and gave them another chance.

When all is said and done, and be pretty happy with any of the (action) series getting a new installment.
They're their own characters, just like how X isn't Rock. Legacy characters is far from a new thing for the series by time ZX happens.

The ZX games are good.
And judging things off of games made several generations ago seems silly.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

I would. Mega Man games suffer when they become yearly titles. With this long of a break there should be plenty of fresh ideas for X9 .

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd want them to give the X series the same kind of visual treatment Mega Man 11 is giving the original series. Make it look glossy and cel shaded (and of course control tightly and play just as fast as the originals).

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they are even thinking about x9, the suits at the company will like to see the sales numbers of x collection and 11 before throwing more money at mega man.

As a fan obviously I will love to have x9.

Oct 25, 2017
Please give us a Gameboy Collection, a Zero/ZX Collection, a Battle Network Collection, and a Legends Collection lol.

Although I don't have high hopes for comprehensive collections since they couldn't even be arsed to put Mega Man & Bass in Legacy Collection 2.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Hmm. I already have the X collection on PS2, including the SUPERIOR Western names for the X5 Mavericks. Is there any reason to get this apart from X8?

The only real reason to hang onto it at this point, is for the PS1 version of X3 & for Battle & Chase.

Other than that, the Mega Man X Legacy Collection/Rockman X Anniversary Collection torpedoes it in every way (& I'm more of a fan of the SNES/Super Famicom version of X3).

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Please give us a Gameboy Collection, a Zero/ZX Collection, a Battle Network Collection, and a Legends Collection lol.

Although I don't have high hopes for comprehensive collections since they couldn't even be arsed to put Mega Man & Bass in Legacy Collection 2.
Battle Network and Legends will probably get the treatment for sure since they openly admitted they get a lot of requests for new games in those series and are thinking about things to make fans happy.

Imo, just reboot Legends though

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna catch heat over this but I hope that X9 has the PSX game aesthetics. Mainly because that's what I grew up with, but also because I just love the sort of pre-rendered look to them (or at least that's what they look to me). But if it ends up being 3D then at least make it more animated MM11.