• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LEGENDS 3 IN THE SECRET PIC! I BELIEVE!!!
FaroffShamelessIbis-max-1mb.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I doubt they are even thinking about x9, the suits at the company will like to see the sales numbers of x collection and 11 before throwing more money at mega man.

As a fan obviously I will love to have x9.

There's no way they're not thinking about X9. Mega Man's popularity has been proven. That's why 11 exists: the previous collections did very well and they know there is a demand.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If classic Mega Man of all things went 2.5D then there's no way in hell X9 will get pixel art.
Yeah i am waiting for my boy Axl to return to x9. My favourite character.
Oh, he'll be back all right.
Serious question for X fans:

Would we even want an X9? The best chance we'd ever have at something that relives the glory days is for them to pull a Sonic Mania where the Corrupted guy gets their blessing to make an entire game with a team of professional artists and programmers.

I don't trust the capcom that cancelled Legends 3, made the subpar ZX/Advent games, the bad Battle Network later entries, and pushed out X6-X8 to make a competent X9.
Well, MM11 is looking great and there's plenty of talented people at Capcom, it's usually management that screws up, and they can always commission it to Inti if they really don't have anyone.

I doubt Legends 3 is ever happening tho.
There's no way they're not thinking about X9. Mega Man's popularity has been proven. That's why 11 exists: the previous collections did very well and they know there is a demand.
Yeah I mean, if there's gonna be a teaser in this, and based on the info in the OP, there seems to be, it's clear that MMX9 is part lf the plan and may already be in development.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit. X9 HYPE!

Although, to be honest, I'm not really that surprised. The way they talked about the franchise with Mega Man 11's reveal, this seemed inevitable. Now come on, announce a Zero/ZX Collection, Battle Network Collection, and Legends Collection!

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only interested in the first collection and those trophies look fun. Thank you Capcom for not screwing up and actually giving a platinum trophy this time to your classics.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't express myself properly, I meant to say that they are not in a point of announcing or teasing anything, I really think they will wait to see the reception and sales of 11 and the sales of the X Collection to gauge the real interest in the X series. Of course they may have ideas for X9 or even Mega Man 12.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna catch heat over this but I hope that X9 has the PSX game aesthetics. Mainly because that's what I grew up with, but also because I just love the sort of pre-rendered look to them (or at least that's what they look to me). But if it ends up being 3D then at least make it more animated MM11.
Nah, I agree with you. The PS1 X games are the best looking games in the series, and they feel a lot "smoother" and faster paced than the SNES games. The SNES game look/feel "chunky" in comparison. Especially X3.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So out of curiosity, how does one unlock the secret image in the Mega Man Legacy Collection?

Kinda hoping X9 will be something of a mix between Maverick Hunter X and 11 in terms of art style. Getting excited just thinking about this!

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
If X9 is in development, I....I don't know man. You ever wait for something so long that you have no idea how you'll process it if you finally get that thing? That's kind of where I'm at. The X series is my favorite game series of all time by quiet some measure, so this would be, for me, akin to how some people felt about the Shenmue 3 and FFVII remake reveals; this would be my megaton ya know?

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
No please.

Lumine, Weil, new guy, AI Dr. Wily.

Please anyone but Sigma again.

I mean normally I would have preferred that too and they did that for X8/Command Mission. (and Zero/ZX series) but I think for sake of throwback and its been so long, id love to see Sigma again for one last hurrah or this could finally the X title that ends the Maverick Wars.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean normally I would have preferred that too and they did that for X8/Command Mission. (and Zero/ZX series) but I think for sake of throwback and its been so long, id love to see Sigma again for one last hurrah or this could finally the X title that ends the Maverick Wars.

Eh that's fair I guess. For some reason Sigma constantly coming back bothers me more then Wily. Probably because of the stronger emphasis on story these games have.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
There is a zero percent chance a new Megaman X will have pixel art unless Capcom hires Inticreates to do it

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Hey X9 is finally happening? I hope this comes true and does well. I was so scared capcom might drop X again due to how MVCi was received. Megaman 11 needs to be good too if we want a full revival of megaman for the coming future.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait!

A Megaman game...finally gets a platinum?! Two different ones?!

(Looks at trophy list) fuck! I don't remember a lot from X6/7/8

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So out of curiosity, how does one unlock the secret image in the Mega Man Legacy Collection?

Kinda hoping X9 will be something of a mix between Maverick Hunter X and 11 in terms of art style. Getting excited just thinking about this!
It's just laying around in the Mega Man 8 (Legacy Collection 2) gallery from the start. That was one confusing stunt from Capcom, many of us assumed they simply screwed up and left art from a canned game by accident.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
XIX baybeeee
Gimme playable Alia and bring back the 4th X Hunter that was scrapped during X2's development.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's just laying around in the Mega Man 8 (Legacy Collection 2) gallery from the start. That was one confusing stunt from Capcom, many of us assumed they simply screwed up and left art from a canned game by accident.
Oh wow, lol. Thought we'd have to work our assess off to see it ourselves. Hopefully that'll still be the case this time around.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Megaman X7 being one of the worst gaming experiences of my life. Excited to play that again. :| Especially those motorcycle-thing riding sections. Those are absolutely fun.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
If this collection had Japanese voice for x4, it'll be perfect. That game has terrible voice acting, but the translation itself was OK at least, just a little overly literal.

They should add a trophy for hearing burn to the ground a thousand times, I think it'd only take one fight to get that.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If this collection had Japanese voice for x4, it'll be perfect. That game has terrible voice acting, but the translation itself was OK at least, just a little overly literal.

They should add a trophy for hearing burn to the ground a thousand times, I think it'd only take one fight to get that.
The games will come with the JP versions, much like the 2nd Megaman Collection.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Trophy lists look excellent, so glad they didn't cheap out on them like the last few Capcom collections. I'm going to actually enjoy going after the plats in these games (something I don't usually bother doing these days).

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish they redubed X4 like they had planned on doing for the old X collection.(freaking Inafune.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 35895

user requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Megaman X9 as a conclusion of the Sigma / new-generation reploids saga.

If sales are good and well-received, start a new series called Megaman EX focusing on the events of the Elf Wars, finally bridging the story gap with Megaman Zero.

Do it Capcom, and I'll forgive everything you've done wrong in the past 15 years.

IsaacC

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 17, 2018
I am all for an X9, however I didn't like how bloated the series became after X5. It would be nice if they scaled it back to 2 playable characters, not too many gameplay mechanics, but hopefully something clever to switch up the formula like Vile mode from Maverick Hunter X or the Gear system from MM11.

I am all for them using the MM11 engine for the game, I love the 2,5D cell shaded/hand drawn look.

Also, and I know it is asking a lot...I would be thrilled if both MM11 and X9 made reference to the connection between the 2 series.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I really gotta stay out of this thread... between the hype of a potential X9 or Legends 3 revival...it's just....too much.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it but if this signifies a return to form Megaman X game then count me in.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I've never played a megaman game in my life and knos essentially nothing about the series other than there's an evil Dr. and the third legends game got canceled on 3DS.

I was born in 98' so I missed the fad I guess. Where should I start? Are the original games fun if someone has no nostalgia towards it?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a megaman game in my life and knos essentially nothing about the series other than there's an evil Dr. and the third legends game got canceled on 3DS.

I was born in 98' so I missed the fad I guess. Where should I start? Are the original games fun if someone has no nostalgia towards it?
OG games are still great and still hard.

X1-4 are great and command mission is a cool RPG.

Battle Network is a great action RPG on GBA with 3 being the best, 6 is also very good, also the story has a conclusion .

Legends 1 is okay with a good story, 2 is great still overall imo.

Zero is also a great series as well overall too

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Mega Man 2, 3, or Mega Man X are good places to start. Mega Man 1 is kind of rough compared to the rest but still fun.

Also want Sigma back for X9. Lumine was a shit villain.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
man cant wait to see that secret image, dataminers datamine away and find us that precious image of Megaman X new desing (please be the same as alt custom on MVCI)

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
OG games are still great and still hard.

X1-4 are great and command mission is a cool RPG.

Battle Network is a great action RPG on GBA with 3 being the best, 6 is also very good, also the story has a conclusion .

Legends 1 is okay with a good story, 2 is great still overall imo.

Zero is also a great series as well overall too

Mega Man 2, 3, or Mega Man X are good places to start. Mega Man 1 is kind of rough compared to the rest but still fun.

Also want Sigma back for X9. Lumine was a shit villain.

I only have a Switch and PS4 so GBA is not an option unless it has a port.

Oct 27, 2017
I would much rather it be a MMZ collection (with ZX1 and 2 added into it) than an X9.

Hell, I'd rather have a Battle Network Collection instead of X9.

As good as Mega Man 11 looks, and as excited for it as I am, I really am not sure a low-budget X9 title would work all that well like it would with Classic style, and I don't particularly want them to go back to a retro style.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
WAIT WHAT
WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO COME OUT WHILE I'M GONE
I hope no one spoils it. I won't be able to play until August 11th. D: