• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Courtesy ofProtodude:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7887-mega-man-x-legacy-collection

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7888-mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2

Each game has 53 trophies, but that's not the interesting part, the descriptions are:

WA7Cjy4.png

Both collections reference a "Secret Image", of some sort. Remember what happened the last time we got that?
DGsFl7VU0AAJr2i

There's two more interesting trophy descriptions here as well:

"Blast through the mystery of the staff credits and return to the future."

"Listen to 10 tracks for long enough on the music player, and then listen to the secret track."

Are they seriously about to give us X9

Is this actually happening

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Both collections also reference a secret music track that can be unlocked in the gallery. I wonder if that's related.

With all of the stuff happening with the X series as of late with Capcom, I'm inclined to think they're planning something...

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Was already excited about the secret image one because it's obviously a MMX9 teaser, but that return to the future one sounds pretty intriguing... MM Zero?

Oh god, this is definitely going to happen.
Let's get a Zero and ZX collection to finally lead into a new game to follow up on the cliffhanger.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Both collections also reference a secret music track that can be unlocked in the gallery. I wonder if that's related.

With all of the stuff happening with the X series as of late with Capcom, I'm inclined to think they're planning something...

Mega Man X in general got a gigantic push in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite too, for what it's worth.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

Oh, yeah.

Again, as we agreed, it's just too much like right for this to not be an intentional pattern.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The X and Zero designs are from the TruForce action figures.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Come to think of it, this kinda reminds me of how Square-Enix stuck two secret messages in Kingdom Hearts 3D that teased both KHIII and the HD collections.

Mega Man X in general got a gigantic push in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite too, for what it's worth.
Yeah, that's exactly one of the things I had in mind. Despite any misgivings people may have with the game as a whole, they did right by the X games there.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I already have the X collection on PS2, including the SUPERIOR Western names for the X5 Mavericks. Is there any reason to get this apart from X8?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hmm. I already have the X collection on PS2, including the SUPERIOR Western names for the X5 Mavericks. Is there any reason to get this apart from X8?
X3 uses the SNES version of the game in the newer collection (as opposed to the PS1/Saturn/PC version in the GC/PS2 X Collection), and there's the X challenge mode that has a bunch of 2 on 1 boss fights from all of the 2D games (X1 Chill Penguin and X4 Frost Walrus, for example)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X3 uses the SNES version of the game in the newer collection, and there's the X challenge mode that has a bunch of 2 on 1 boss fights from all of the 2D games (X1 Chill Penguin and X4 Frost Walrus, for example)

I thought the PS1 version was supposed to be better.

This is a textbook example of setting yourself up for disappointment

This is literally how people found out about Mega Man 11.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it, this kinda reminds me of how Square-Enix stuck two secret messages in Kingdom Hearts 3D that teased both KHIII and the HD collections.

Yeah, that's exactly one of the things I had in mind. Despite any misgivings people may have with the game as a whole, they did right by the X games there.
Yeah I was thinking the same. The hidden messages in KH3D have to be the coolest in-game teasers I've ever seen (the secret movies are always cool too, but this was far more concrete).
This is a textbook example of setting yourself up for disappointment
A couple of years back, sure, but right now I think one has to be extremely cynical to think all this isn't meant to tease the future of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some nice trophies.

I won't get excited about this "image", but hopefully this selling well makes X9 happen.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How? All people are doing is looking at strong, verifiableevidence, Capcom has done this exact same thing before.

I'm not saying it couldn't be what you're saying. If it's not though you can't turn around and be upset because of some trophy names that could still mean something entirely different than what you're hoping

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Yeah, I agree on both points. They've taken notes from Square somewhat, it looks like.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it couldn't be what you're saying. If it's not though you can't turn around and be upset because of some trophy names that could still mean something entirely different than what you're hoping

Turning out to be wrong about a video game isn't really the end of the world. Let people hope.

Oct 25, 2017
X is my jam. Never really got in to the original Megaman series but had some good times with X. Hope this pans out.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Courtesy of Protodude:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7887-mega-man-x-legacy-collection

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7888-mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2

Each game has 53 trophies, but that's not the interesting part, the descriptions are:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7888-mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2/2-another-day-another-recon

Both collections reference a "Secret Image", of some sort. Remember what happened the last time we got that?

DGsFl7VU0AAJr2i

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/7887-mega-man-x-legacy-collection/4-identity-erased

There's another interesting trophy description here as well:

"Blast through the mystery of the staff credits and return to the future."

Are they seriously about to give us X9

Is this actually happening
Man this train don't stop!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Don't want an X9
Reboot please but bring back all the characters (yep even Axl). The MMX plot went off the rails after 5

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I thought the PS1 version was supposed to be better.

PS1 version is traaaaaaaaash

The buster charging sfx is so loud it drowns out all other noise in the universe. And for those rare moments when you don't have your buster charged, the music is still way worse than the SNES original. Which is pretty bad since the SNES music wasn't that great in the first place...

Boss intro cutscenes are nice but you can just watch them on youtube in 5 minutes if you're curious.