Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
IMG-6600.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be a weird comparison, but the look gives me vague Gankutsuou vibes with the colourful mix of old and new.

entut1

Mar 31, 2023
Remember when people thought the first clip looked like a perfume ad? Well, guess what, I think after this, we can confidently say this will look amazing. Visually insane. Just needs that script to land well.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
this movie looks like the right kind of crazy. I really hope he sticks the landing, this is such a slick trailer and a cool concept. I didn't know there was gonna be some rather timely social elements to the movie.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
jon voight huh
this movie looks like the right kind of crazy. I really hope he sticks the landing, this is such a slick trailer and a cool concept. I didn't know there was gonna be some rather timely social elements to the movie.

wonder exactly what he plans to say. the worst name that stood out was jon voight. like does jon voight know what the point of this movie is? did coppola trick him?

Last edited:

MyDudeMango

Jul 17, 2021
Canada
That cast, those visuals... I'm so fuckin' in. Didn't even know Giancarlo Esposito or Laurence Fishburne were in it 'til now.

Honestly fascinated to see how it turns out one way or the other. Coppola's distaste with the current state of cinema is well-known, so I think it'll be fascinating to see what kind of movie he makes here and now and how it differs with all that in mind. It sure looks different from most anything else coming out now - I thoroughly welcome more surrealist/fantastical Coppola, though Dracula will be a tough one to beat out visually imo.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Those might be some of the most amazing visuals I can remember seeing, even if it's not that good from a script perspective I think it will be a feast for the eyes at least. Hopefully it's got good story also, I'm definitely looking forward if it shows near me, if not I'll watch it at home.

Oct 25, 2017
Time to separate art from the artist (Shia and Voight), because this looks bonkers good.
Here's some more separation for you to work on:

Salva was arrested before Clownhouse wrapped production, and his victim Nathan Forrest Winters claims that Coppola told him during this time that he would be blacklisted in Hollywood. The producer also threatened to sue Winters for breach of contract if he didn't finish his work on the film. When asked to comment about Salva during the height of the initial controversy, Coppola told the LA Times simply, "Victor is a talented young director." In a later interview with the Times, Coppola stated, "You have to remember, while this was a tragedy, that the difference in age between Victor and the boy was very small—Victor was practically a child himself." Salva was 29, 17 years older than Winters. In 2001, Coppola executive produced the first of Salva's Jeepers Creepers series, and he returned to the same role for the sequel in 2003. Combined, the films made over $120 million, proving that, in Hollywood, it isn't what you do but who you know.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know what I just watched. This is going to be one of those movies you have to be really high to watch, isn't it?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This can be either a glorious triumph or a glorious mess. But it will definitely be glorious.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This movie looks nuts.

From the trailer I can both understand why FFC wants a huge marketing campaign to match what looks like huge ambition and why the big distributors are not willing to give that to what looks like a very weird thing.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
This trailer feels like it's trying to amp up a much more subdued film.

I'm expecting a three hour sit down chat about owning steel mills or something. Looks great, though.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Loving the surrealist roman empire future. Even if it's a mess, it will be a glorious one. That reminds me, I want to watch Babylon.

Day 1 IMAX, easily.
EDIT: After the recent report of sexual harassment and other production issues, I'll hold off.

Last edited: