• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand, OP. Are the people you worked with on your original project the same people who made this film?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
File a copyright claim on YouTube every time they try to post a video with the design in it, at least if they refuse to discuss crediting you.
that'll probably just result in OP getting their youtube account frozen

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly looks different to me.

I like your design better, but i honestly don't see to many similarities. I haven't watched the actual film though. Just the photos you posted.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That sucks.

As for the short, impressive production values. That's about it, the rest of it was terrible.
lol that's what I thought, thank god that dude typed 'I don't care' regarding loss of casualties , now I know who the baddie is.

OP I hope you get some exposure for this, do you have links to the original reddit threads to use to back up your claim? Might be useful?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not taking that chance. At this point I'm just thinking about forgetting it because the effort isn't worth it. I'll just take it as a lesson to never do fan projects again.
it blows, but it's a lesson learned i guess. for what it's worth, you definitely made the right call pulling out. it sucks that they bit your design and you're not getting any credit, but tbh outside of the technical aspects, this thing is pretty iffy imo

Limit

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I can't tell if its a spaceship or a monster. Most likely it was deliberately designed to look that way. Also, I'm not seeing too much of a similarity to OPs design. There is a slug like appearance to both but that's about it.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not taking that chance. At this point I'm just thinking about forgetting it because the effort isn't worth it. I'll just take it as a lesson to never do fan projects again.
The Reddit post on the last page seemed pretty reasonable. They still ignoring you?

The guy says the monster design came from somewhere else. If you have sketches and proof you did the original send it along.

MEGANfilm

Aug 3, 2018

This short has been making rounds on horror centric websites like bloodydisgusting

It looks real good, but I have another why I'm posting. Here's a brief history on the Trifolium project:

About two years back or so, briefly after the release of 10 Cloverfield Lane, fans decided to come together for the effort of producing a fan film for Cloverfield. I frequented the subreddit for Cloverfield because I had fun with the ARG element of the film's marketing. I proposed a monster design for the fan film which garnered a lot of positive feedback. Back then I had the handle "Indiendnd"
1DobBc5_d.jpg

I was soon asked by the community to be the art director for the film, which I accepted.
They decided that the film's story was going to revolve around this storm monster design, and that it should have an actual monster design behind the clouds.
I designed this:
I1fsttQ_d.jpg

We called him "Liam" (as a pun on Trifolium.)
The main details were that it was a flying kaiju the size of an island hovering above the land, and that it's shrouded in clouds of gas that it produces itself.

The team was ecstatic about the design, and decided to move forward with writing the stories to fit this design in.

Except, unfortunately, the project never picked up any traction and I quietly left production after learning that one of our "Producers" was a 12 year old.

Cut to today, and "Megan" pops up on Bloody Disgusting. And I see this:
VzFrwD1.jpg

Huh.

So I guess the project actually did pick up. I just went uncredited for the monster design.

Update: Their response
sDTFJ6Z.jpg

Hi guys, I'm Giuseppe, writer and producer for MEGAN and I saw this thread on Reddit, I'm sorry user Kalmakoffee feels this way but there is no relation between his sketch and our spaceship.

So I guess the project actually did pick up. I just went uncredited for the monster design.

I think this is the biggest issue, we are not affiliated whatsoever with your project and didn't even know of it's existence, as a matter of fact your sketch depicts a monster with a heavy body and a huge face that is 1/3 of its size.

Your other monster is a worm.

Ours look like a solidified block of lava, I'm going to attach our render which is something that artists would generally not do because this is proprietary material, so you can see the development.

If you watch the film again you'll notice the extensive number of credits that were given to everyone that either worked, participated or supporter our project, this is a passion project. As a matter of fact, people usually skip the credits because they're boring but we are lucky to have Roman de Giuli's brilliant work and every time I show MEGAN I always pause it to explain how he performed that sequence, I suggest you go see his channel because his work is amazing.

Sorry if you feel like this but again we created our own material other than paying homage to the Cloverfield universe.

zHUVqGx.jpg