• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
You know what's worse? When you have siblings and they spoil their hearts out on media they like and then casually let it out because they've seen or read whatever and then you are like "wtf did you just say?"

God some people have some fn nerve.

Even worse when they share or show you memes with spoilers bc they think it's a funny meme not thinking about ppl who care about said media and haven't seen it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but from the average poster here you'd think season 8 has no redeeming qualities. It's still a good season of television and infinitely rewatchable

daenerys-targaryen-meme-1556127294.png

People have been very acknowledging of how great the show looks. :3

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not surprised Meghan supported Dany for the Throne, probably changed her mind after she was responsible for the mass murder of poor people, Reps love a strong leader.

Last edited:

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I did not know Kong died, until i watched PJ movie, honestly its inconsiderate to not float the spoiler warning before saying what you want to say. Its absurd to think everyone is as aware as you.

PJ Kong sucked anyway. ;)

The answer as far as classics go is to watch or read them and enjoy them even though you know the ending or the twist or whatever. I brought up Romeo and Juliet for a reason. EVERYONE on planet earth knows how that ends, whether they have seen/read it or not. It doesn't matter. Shakespeare tells you in the beginning what happens because the point is how you get there.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
This is a poor defence. I was able to easily avoid the spoiler she mentioned. Im sure millions others can too.

You're right and she made a mistake. And it's not that surprising. :P

But in the same away, it's easy as well to avoid her speaking about the ending. If you haven't already watched the episode and you keep listening to some people on TV talking about the finale, well, you made a bad choice.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how internet nerds assume every person on the plent watches shows immediately. TONS of people will be catching up on the series over the next several years. Same for Marvel movies.

The finale broke TV viewership records with nearly 20 million people watching. While not everyone watched it immediately for sure, it's also like the most watched TV show episode out there. It's not just internet nerds.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hate how internet nerds assume every person on the plent watches shows immediately. TONS of people will be catching up on the series over the next several years. Same for Marvel movies.
It was the biggest show on TV. It's not like it was some hidden gem that nobody knew about until after it finished airing. If people didn't want to be spoiled then they should've watched it on Sunday night. Fuck, someone PM'd me here on Era with a spoiler on Sunday before the episode aired but I was smart enough not to check my messages until after the episode because I assumed someone was a petty little shit trying to spoil me. lol

If someone brings up the show in conversation and doesn't yell out "please don't spoil me" then it's their own fault.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this is why I'm glad I stayed up late to watch the repeat viewing instead of waiting to see it last night. I have to use the internet for my job, and it seemed like people couldn't even wait 12 hours to start spoiling the episode.

Fuck the "diehard fan had watched" comment. Shit happens where you might not be able to watch it live.

She's a piece of shit but this is really stupid. Why have a segment on the finale of your not allowed to talk about it? And if you actually cared you would of watched it when it aired.

That's a horrible take. So I guess if you have something that happened in your life that dared take you away from watching it live, then I shouldn't care about getting spoiled on it the next fucking day?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with her. Why bring the episode up if you weren't going to discuss it. And she is a trash human being

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to respect Megan McCain but now that she's spoiled Game of Thrones, I dunno, I'm starting to have second thoughts about the daughter of John McCain...

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
She was right to openly talk about it. If you don't watch it live, you fucked up.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was the biggest show on TV. It's not like it was some hidden gem that nobody knew about until after it finished airing. If people didn't want to be spoiled then they should've watched it on Sunday night. Fuck, someone PM'd me here on Era with a spoiler on Sunday before the episode aired but I was smart enough not to check my messages until after the episode because I assumed someone was a petty little shit trying to spoil me. lol

If someone brings up the show in conversation and doesn't yell out "please don't spoil me" then it's their own fault.
It doesn't matter if 20 million people watched it Sunday. There are many millions more who will be catching up after the fact. Giving a spoiler warning before you drop series finale plot points is not difficult.

I'm not being an overly spoiler sensitive person here. The expectation that you have to be there opening night or else screw you, you don't get to enjoy it at all is ridiculous.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People upset with spoiler culture just want to be asses and not called out on it. Have some common courtesy on new content. I understand for older stuff but movies still in theatera and new shows shouldnt have spoilers mentioned without warnings. Its appropriate though she is the one to do it. 'Sorry u triggered lol' sounds right.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What segment of Game of Thrones fans haven't watched the finale but have carved out time to watch the View?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It doesn't matter if 20 million people watched it Sunday. There are many millions more who will be catching up after the fact. Giving a spoiler warning before you drop series finale plot points is not difficult.

I'm not being an overly spoiler sensitive person here. The expectation that you have to be there opening night or else screw you, you don't get to enjoy it at all is ridiculous.
The spoiler warning was the finale being discussed at all. Haven't watched it yet? Change the channel when they start talking about the finale just in case they do spoil stuff. It's not like it was a headline at the start of the segment that contained the spoiler.

What segment of Game of Thrones fans haven't watched the finale but have carved out time to watch the View?
FUCKING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Spoilerphobia is starting to become obnoxious. Yeah she's an idiot but come on, you can enjoy the show knowing the ending.
I wonder if there's anyone in the world who watches The Empire Strike Back without knowing the twist. You can still have fun with it, come on. Move on.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
People against blatant spoilers like this aren't saying to completely avoid talking about spoilers, they're saying at least put up a warning or something.

It's just courtesy. Not a requirement, sure, but if you're defending someone for not being courteous lol

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
If she does it after the show has ended, im actually fine. If the audience watches it late, it is not the host's fault. But thats me though, i cant speak for others

In fact my friend in real life watched the show late, and i intentionally spoilt him the whole plot of season 8 as my way to punish him

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Spoilerphobia is starting to become obnoxious. Yeah she's an idiot but come on, you can enjoy the show knowing the ending.
I wonder if there's anyone in the world who watches The Empire Strike Back without knowing the twist. You can still have fun with it, come on. Move on.

There's a huge difference between not knowing the twist of a movie made in 1980 and a series finale barely 12-hours old. The only onus on the part of anyone watching The View who didn't want to be spoiled was to turn the channel as soon as they started discussing it.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
If she does it after the show has ended, im actually fine. If the audience watches it late, it is not the host's fault. But thats me though, i cant speak for others

In fact my friend in real life watched the show late, and i intentionally spoilt him the whole plot of season 8 as my way to punish him

Why is it so hard to be a kind person? Holy shit.

You're in good company with Meghan McCain, that's for sure.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely insufferable person.

Stone cold douchebag. Good to hear you're proud of that.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilerphobia has nothing to do with this. This isn't people afraid of learning spoilers from the 1980's, it's people who watched a TV show for 10 years where they left it as a mystery to the end who would end up on the Iron Throne, having that fact spoiled a mere hours after the final episode where it was finally revealed. Not everyone has the ability to watch a show the moment it airs. Heck, some people don't subscribe to HBO and buy the discs when they become available. Some people in other countries don't get a chance to see a show until months later (though they wouldn't likely be watching The View). Other people found out about the series late and got into it later, but were trying to binge to catch up (one of the View cohosts for example).

You are right that some people can enjoy a show knowing the spoiler. I know one person who always reads the end of a book first and looks up the endings to movies before watching them. Other people enjoy shows a different way. I would have loved to have been surprised by the ending of The Usual Suspects, that would have been an amazing twist that would have blown my mind and had me watching the movie a second time to see what clues there were. But because that was spoiled for me I didn't have that experience, so I didn't enjoy the movie as much.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017

how about the co-host right next to her?

just assume that a whole lot of people probably haven't seen it yet and act accordingly (i.e like a considerate person), and if a person can't express their feelings on a piece of media in a public space without blurting out pivotal narrative moments (something we manage to do all all the time, even on this forum, imagine that), then that person is either a massive dolt or an insufferable prick.

in McCain's case, it's very clearly both.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I was late on Breaking Bad and jumped in while Season 4 was in progress, I binged Season 1,2,3 without spoilers.

Sometimes, there are people who join a show late because they didn't get caught up by the hype from day 1

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I can live with that. Even though technically you dont have the right to say so, because: it is my friend, and second it happens in real life, outside this forum

"I have the right to spoil something to my friend"

"You don't have the right to call me a douchebag"

Lmfao. What a world you've created.