• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Stopping the artwork just brings a Streisand Effect.

Which makes me suspect they'll just ignore this artwork until someone taps their shoulder.

images

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Good.

I can't think of a better way to piss them off (and force them to take a stance knowing how Winnie the Pooh was affected in China).

OP
OP
QuixoticNeutral
Oct 25, 2017
63z3gzzh0gr31.jpg

Rather convenient to have Lunar New Year skins already built into the game. This one reads: "Mei-Ling supports Hong Kong."

NzxOQXt.jpg

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Can you mod custom costumes into Overwatch PC (locally) or is it too restrictive?

Would be an interesting way for streamers to protest, by playing games with Hong Kong skins for every character.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What did you think she was?
Have you not played the game? Because she speaks Chinese (not sure what dialect) in the game quite frequently with her VO lines.
Wait, really? She also speaks Mandarin during her Ult.
I didn't think she was anything, I never thought about her ethnicity. And I've never played as her, so I guess I didn't hear her speak in Mandarin. I guess Mei is a Chinese-sounding name though.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think she was anything, I never thought about her ethnicity. And I've never played as her, so I guess I didn't hear her speak in Mandarin. I guess Mei is a Chinese-sounding name though.

Fair. Well, it's part of her lore as well.

Yea, she also has several lines you use which are Mandarin. Her VA is also from China.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fair. Well, it's part of her lore as well. Yea, she has several lines which are Mandarin. Her VA is also from China.
I honestly know almost nothing about Overwatch's lore, the fact that the game doesn't have a campaign made me not really care much about it since most of the lore would just be outside of the game.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty smart way to light a fire under Blizzard's asses.

So pepe's cool again?

Im getting too old to keep up nowadays
These days on the web he feels more known for those Twitch/BetterTTV emotes than he does any sort of hate symbol, the journey that frog has done is absolutely surreal.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
has there been any concentrated effort to spread pro-hong kong/democracy memes and other stuff on chinese social medias? like a reverse-russia?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Wasnt that long ago that HK wasn't even owned by China. Giving it back was a mistake as they didn't hold up their end of the bargain IMO.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Also see a lot of stuff with Mei / Hong Kong / pooh on reddit in the popular tab. With dozen thousands+ upvotes

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Just start using all of Blizz-Acti's characters to protest. Get China to ban all their games. Fuck em. Would be interesting to see Blizzard try to justify removing Mei for sure though. No amount of legal mumbo jumbo or fine print could shelter them. Maybe remove her for some indefinite re-tuning. lol

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
So if we can make Blizzard the imagery for pro HK movement, will China ban them in the same way it banned Poo bear?