• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Melissa McCarthy deserves that Oscar, straight up.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Sandra Bullock won a Razzie and an Oscar the next day.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

I'm actually watching it right now, and yeah Aparicio is wonderful in it, especially for a fresh actor. And I've heard Gaga is incredible too, but I just want anyone besides the gorgeous beloved superstar to win. She'll have plenty of future chances.

It says a lot that there were so many incredible female roles/performances this year that it's very hard to pick a winner, whereas the Best Actor category is all but confirmed for Malek. (Ethan Hawke was robbed.)

She also deserves the Razzie, straight up. She was bad in Happytime Murders.

I believe you :)

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'd be happy with either, but Coleman shared that movie with Stone and Weisz, whereas McCarthy was front-and-center for all of Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Anyone but Gaga, tbh.

I was actually surprised that Coleman was being nominated for Best Actress instead of Stone. It really felt like a movie where all three women equally dominated the screen, but I never felt like the queen was necessarily the "main character".

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually surprised that Coleman was being nominated for Best Actress instead of Stone. It really felt like a movie where all three women equally dominated the screen, but I never felt like the queen was necessarily the "main character".

For sure. It's such an even-handed three-lead movie. It's like how Brando won for Best Actor in The Godfather despite having a much smaller role than Pacino, Caan or Duvall, who all received Supporting Actor nods.

edit:
But then, Brando was the biggest actor in that movie, which couldn't be said for Coleman. She's gonna be amazing in The Queen S3.

Oct 27, 2017
She should get one for worst writing as well. The movies she writes with her husband have been so ridiculously awful. I definitely need to check out the movie she's nominated for though. That was written by someone incredibly talented (Nicole Holofcener)

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. She is good, but there are many other better performances of last year. A lot of which didnt even get nominated

giphy.gif

It's not fine :(

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nic Cage is also the greatest and worst actor of his generation. He was in two of the best movies of 2018 and two of the worst movies of 2018. He's Schrodinger's Cast.

Call me when she holds the crown of killed by a Xenomorph, Terminator and Predator.

The XPaT? Nobody has ever won the XPaT!

EGOT, sure.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm totally over her comedies where she's the same white trash in every one but nice to see she got nominated for something I assume different may go check it out

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Bale has a real shot. Oscars love physical transformations.

I was so excited for that performance, but it was some SNL-tier impression, and the bounce-all-over-the-timeline structure did him no favors. His Cheney doesn't feel lived-in at all. And there's a good reason they didn't show any "young Cheney" in the trailers; the makeup makes him look weirdly thick. Not fat, *thick*, like a block of Cheddar cheese.