• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So dude isn't saying a word and his playlist consists of Buffalo Bill's favorite dance number Goodbye Horses followed by Kate Bush's entire catalog...we are going like 100mph in a Volkswagen Golf down the 210 to Universal Halloween Horror Nights....my nightmare has begun. Happy Halloween !

Last edited:

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
We have one less member now.
R.I.P 10/25/2017-10/28/2017
1076.jpg

Let us remember the good times.

I hate raisins in everything but oatmeal raisin cookies...my parents loved to make lamb with curry and raisins and shaved coconut growing up and it was all sorts of wrong. I have yet to eat at an Indian place where I've had this on the menu.

You know I was going to wait for a sale but fuck it if this is legitimately pissing off the Alt Right I am paying full price to fucking day and just watching Wolf 1 cutscenes on YouTube

MSNBC isn't airing episodes of Lockup on weekends now?

Oct 27, 2017
I lit a stick of incense. Rip

When I was in Vegas in Feb. I thought I was gonna die. One driver wouldn't stop showing us trump parody videos on his phone while he was driving. Like searching for them on YouTube, and then reaching behind him to show the screen to us while we kept asking him to stop it.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had my first Uber experience when I went to E3. They drove like I do in GTA. All gas, all brake, all swerve

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Had one a few weeks ago that picked up me and another random stranger for an Uber rideshare. Dude didn't say a word, but once me and this girl were in the back seat he immediately started playing all of the most love-at-first-sight love songs (You're Beautiful being the first and then it just getting progressively more sappy from there) imaginable and locking eyes with me in the mirror every minute or two... A little uncomfortable, but at least it got me out of having to make small talk with anyone involved. 4/5 as far as I'm concerned...

Deleted member 12177

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a current or recovering crackhead pick me up from the airport. It took him a while to find me, then a while to use his phone to put my address in and another while to get home as he kept missing the GPS instructions.

All the while making sure he scratches random parts of his body when driving. Made it home and I hope he did also but no guarantees.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing crazy but for me it was a driver that casually mentioned that his wife just left him (or maybe he was bullshitting) juust as we were stopping at my destination, I just said something akin to "that sucks", made a concerned face, said goodbye and thanks and GTFO
A silent driver gets a 5 star from me. He can be a serial killer, just don't small talk with me.
Same here.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was a Lyft driver and the most interesting ride I ever got was at like 7 AM to this really big house, like almost mansion size with a long winding driveway and lots of land. The picture next to their name was an older white guy but three young Asian girls wearing sexy outfits came out. That's when I deduced they were sex workers of some kind and this rich guy bought the Lyft for them.

They told me that my town, Columbia/Howard County, a very diverse, affluent community rated like, the best place to live in the country several times is the biggest market for prostitution and all the sex workers in Baltimore, DC, Annapolis, etc all get bought by people in Columbia. I wasn't surprised at all. The average household income is like 120,000 and there's nothing to do.

I drove them back to Baltimore, in the city. They were actually a lot of fun.

Kapus

Oct 27, 2017
Under your bed
Nothing exciting, but an uber driver once refused to pick me up because I was wearing a dress(I am a transgirl). Was the first and only time I had someone drive to my pickup destination only to refuse to actually pick me up.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Once had a taxi driver try to sell me drugs and offering to take me to a house of light moral women, refused both, cold have been a great night.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Uber driver here. When the rider gets in I say Hi how are you, ask them if the temperature is comfortable, and then I don't talk unless they talk to me. If they break the small talk barrier then I'll converse the whole ride, but I respect that many people prefer to ride in silence. I'm one of them :P