• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Is this the Jaffe game? The big mind blown one?

unknown.png

Rumor, I know but it would be damn cool.

Source is Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/pk1yfa/men_in_black_game_listed_for_ps5/

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
As some have pointed out in the ps studios thread, Bend is currently working on an open-world new IP.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
They can't get the movie series to be succesfull why would they all of a sudden make a video game?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking this is fake just because there's no other accounts of seeing the listing live. I don't trust 4chan rumors.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Bend is working on a new original IP. And we got the report about Bend just starting work on that earlier this year. No way are they ready to take preorders for their game yet.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I wouldn't be mad at this if they properly pull it off. A AAA highly polished a weird sci fi game with cheeky humor, could be fun.

I hope its not the megaton people are referring to though

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be fake. Why isn't the preview image below the box art highlighted? Why hasn't anyone but 4chan seen this? Why can't I even find the 4chan thread this supposedly came from?

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Meh hope not. Wouldn't be interested if it is the case unfortunately, never cared all that much about MIB

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
doubt.jpeg
But given Sony's synergy plans, it's not impossible to assume that an MIB adaptation could be in the pipeline.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
This has to be fake. Sony has the teams to do original IP, so I think it would be a very boring decision to do licensed IP, especially a tainted one like MIB.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Bend are officially working on a "brand new original IP", so this rumor is dead off track.
To add more to that, they have only started working on it less than a year ago, sony wouldnt inform retailers of that unless if it was a few months out and would be up for pre order right after the showcase

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this earlier but I wasn't sure if posting the reddit leaks was cool.

This would confirm the Marvel rumor kinda.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
A Men in Black game sounds dull, IMO.

That being said, reminds me of that whole Men in Black x Jump Street crossover and that makes me want a Rockstar Bully-style Jump Street game, lmao.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If true, would this really blow minds? It's out of left field, for sure but...

In my case it would be kinda disappointing, but if this got greenlit, I'm sure they've got cool ideas to make it work.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I don't believe it but I would be down. I just rewatched the first movie a few months back and it's a pretty fun, wacky world. There's a lot of potential there and a lot of the world building is already set.

That set, I fully expect Bend to work on something new

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Such a random leak.

Men in Black feels like something Jaffe would hype up as well.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Men in Black is a potentially cool IP if you let a team be creative with it and aren't beholden to the movies

Oct 25, 2017
Totally depends on the quality, with any licensed games it's easy to imagine a shitty cash-in game. But if this is a open world paranormal creature hunting shooter that sounds kind of cool.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it but I would be down. I just rewatched the first movie a few months back and it's a pretty fun, wacky world. There's a lot of potential there and a lot of the world building is already set.

That set, I fully expect Bend to work on something new
My thoughts exactly.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a weirdly specific thing, MIB and from Bend no less?

Normally I'd say it's legit because of that but Bend is working on a new ip

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The link with Sony is obvious because of the movies but apparently the Men In Black comic is owned by Marvel? 🤔

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
MiB could be huge if it steps out of the movie and dips into the comics and cartoons for lore and story. The idea of being an agent and encountering the different species/characters from MIB universe would be amazing.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
The good guys dress in black, remember that. Just in case we ever face-to-face, and make contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.