• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yikes. From the "I found you, I DESERVE this job" to them adding to the guns with pieces of the car to the aliens even using the same quips this looks...I dunno, not great.

Sidenote, I also hope tessa Thompson isnt getting typecast as just the super strong, no nonsense type. I hope this movie let's her flex a little comedic muscle, maybe make her a little more likeable. I dont want her to end up the female equivalent of colin farrell.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Went in expecting something lame but came out not only surprised how much I enjoyed that, but genuinely excited to see it.

It is kind of jarring to see Tessa and Chris as lead roles. It does kinda feel like I'm watching Thor and they are simply dressing up as agents. The reference at the end certainly didn't help.

Looking forward to it.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There's something off about it that I can't quite put my finger on, but frankly I don't care because Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was terrible. Was hoping for a darker tone like the cartoon show but whatever.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Looks pretty generic and predictable, probably entertaining given the people involved though.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
The cast feels lacking in personality compared to the previous movies. Feels more imitation than spinoff.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun.

By reading through the replies it really cements how old people can be such a real bummer. The original movies weren't anything great either. They we're good.

Last edited:

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer bugs the shit outta me.

It looks like they took all the stuff that made MIB unique and turned it into a wannabe James Bond flick with lazer guns.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is where the series need to go as J and K story pretty much ended at the end of the first movies, 2 and 3 were mistake and should not have been made.

I am in it for Helmworth and Tessa.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They've got me in a vice man, best Chris and Tessa could get me to watch just about anything. It definitely helps that this looks like fun regardless.

Visuals really need some polishing though.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I felt this series had a lot of potential if it didn't rely on the agents from the first movie, the pug, or retreading the same jokes in the sequels.

If anything, a serialized television show that focused on the goings of the international espionage organization (which oversees and investigates both good and evil paranormal activity on Earth) has a lot of potential.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun.

By reading through the replies it really cements how old people can be such a real bummer. The original movies weren't anything great either. They we're good.
What does it have to do with old people? This trailer doesn't have anything that made people like especially the first movie. Same issue with ghostbusters.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That looks really fun, surprisingly.

However, I am a bit concerned about the character dynamics between Tessa and Chris. The original MIB wouldn't
have worked half as well without Tommy playing the serious seasoned agent and Will beinf the goofy newbie. Nothing wrong with trying something new, but I hope what they have to offer as a duo is more interesting than just "two spunky leads bouncing jokes of each other".

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
After watching this trailer I realized that I haven't really enjoy a Tessa Thompson performance. Ragnarok was the closest but even then there's just something off. Its weird because I really like her as a celebrity figure in the world.

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look bad but doesn't get me excited, either. It looks fine. I think the most interesting thing I saw was making Liam Neeson an MIB agent.

Would have been more interesting in the jump street crossover.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to give it a chance, but it's on a thin line right now. Trailer wasn't inspiring for me. They have a lot of shoes to fill.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
"From the Director of Fast and Furious 438583"

MIB have always been about the comedy and this looked fun so I'm in! Hoping for a Tommy Lee Jones/Will Smith cameo.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird trailer. Probably unfinished SFX but it barely feels like a MIB movie. Just seems like some generic action comedy if not for a couple shots like the worms and the neuralizer.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
There's something off about it that I can't quite put my finger on, but frankly I don't care because Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth.
Same here. It feels like a trailer a sick guy made in an hour over the weekend. Just feels like it has zero effort put into it to make it more intriguing. But the movie itself doesn't look bad. I want a good MIB movie.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
my expectations were low but I liked it, will definitely watch it when it comes to streaming