• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun. I hope it's good because I love Tessa Thompson and I like Chris Hemsworth too. Also yay for Emma Thompson being back!

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I can't be the first person to point out the similarities between this and Jurassic Park World:

Same world with new characters for a more modern sequel of a famous trilogy. Fans are cautious but optimistic: It looks nowhere was good as the first film, but the sequels were mostly terrible so... maybe this turns out fine?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
mod edit: off-site content removed
tyF7xnl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Looks alright... looking back, MIB 1 had classic Will Smith charm cranked to a million that would be hard to replicate it.

So this thing will kind of have to find it's own thing.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Trailer didn't do it for me. Though theese things only shows 2 minuites out of 120. Love the casting. Should be a good time.

Oct 27, 2017
How would that have even worked? They pose as aliens?
They go to college again with more jokes about how it's the same shit we did before. Except there's a swerve twenty minutes in where they see an unnamed agent is getting taken out by the student they were supposed to be tracking, but the student sheds its skin. The other agent on the case kills the Alien but sees the jump street guys running away and doesn't have enough time to mindwipe. Mib later goes by their hideout and deputizes them because there are more aliens that have infiltrated the campus and he can't do it without his partner. Hijinks ensue. Running gag is having to mind wipe all the jump street partners back at the hangout and sidestory is Jonah falling for one of the aliens because he feels like an alien sometimes because he's socially awkward.

Boom! Billion dollar hit right there.

Oct 25, 2017
They go to college again with more jokes about how it's the same shit we did before. Except there's a swerve twenty minutes in where they see an unnamed agent is getting taken out by the student they were supposed to be tracking, but the student sheds its skin. The other agent on the case kills the Alien but sees the jump street guys running away and doesn't have enough time to mindwipe. Mib later goes by their hideout and deputizes them because there are more aliens that have infiltrated the campus and he can't do it without his partner. Hijinks ensue. Running gag is having to mind wipe all the jump street partners back at the hangout and sidestory is Jonah falling for one of the aliens because he feels like an alien sometimes because he's socially awkward.

Boom! Billion dollar hit right there.
The romance angle is on brand.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
[mod edit: off-site content removed]

LAWD it just gets better and better

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
If someone puts their twitter handle in their profile, I don't know if it's playing "internet detective" but you could sure find some embarrassing stuff from some people if you search for the word "female" from some folks.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
OK, now get back on topic.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, thread's open and the movie looks pretty cool. Seriously, day one.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the trailer, and I love both Chris and Tessa. I'll be in my seat day one.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Yo this thread had a neuralizer used on it lmaoooooo

This is what I been waiting for. MIB is legit one of my favorite franchises

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the original MIB movies solely because of the chemistry between Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. This new movie looks like complete trash tbh.
The orignal MIB movies (besides the first) were shit because they insisted on bringing Tommy Lee Jones back again and again despite the fact that his character's story was over. You can't catch lightning twice no matter how hard you try.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem as bad as the first sequel but didn't seem immensely captivating either. Hemsworth is surprisingly good at playing comedic roles so the movie has that going for it, but this is probably one I will skip at least in the theaters.

Dec 31, 2017
Doesn't look great.

The main actress continues to be as annoying as she is in everything else. Would be great if they made Neeson's character Alpha!

The concept of a Men In Black anything taking outside of America continues to be dumb.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Will watch this for Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth alone. If I tell myself it's a Valkyrie and Thor buddy cop film, I'll probably enjoy it regardless of quality.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I hope Tessa Thompson isn't playing the "straight man" and Hemsworth the wacky one. Their chemistry was great in Thor, I don't want her rolling her eyes and being the wet blanket for the zany loose cannon hot boy.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I like Tessa Thompson, but kinda feels like over exposure at this point. Maybe the same for Chris Hemsworth, but I don't see many movies with him in them.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I haven't seen a MIB movie since the original, but this looked horrible average? Like, I couldn't find a single moment in the trailer I felt excited to watch this movie

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The orignal MIB movies (besides the first) were shit because they insisted on bringing Tommy Lee Jones back again and again despite the fact that his character's story was over. You can't catch lightning twice no matter how hard you try.

This pretty much, there was no reason to bring K back as his story was pretty much wrapped up by the end of the first movie.

This is what the IP needed.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This pretty much, there was no reason to bring K back as his story was pretty much wrapped up by the end of the first movie.

This is what the IP needed.

And unlike other more cynical "reboots" that discard the past or waste it in the process, this absolutely can tie into a "cross over" with Smith down the line.

I think it's a needed breath of fresh air to maybe revitalize and open up new possibilities for this franchise.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I know she has a lot of fans but I think Tessa Thompson is an egregiously bad actor. Just wooden and monotone. I have no clue how she is getting leading roles in anything. Really pains me to have to say that about my fave, Janelle Monae's girlfriend. Hell now that I think about it, just put Janelle in any Tessa Thompson role and instantly improve it.