• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
none of this looks good. Makes sense though considering that TFA poll thread.
susERA strikes again.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer didn't really garb my interest. It feels...dull for a lack of a better word? I hope that it is a case of a bad trailer and that the movie is good.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
man hemsworth and thompson have fuckin a+ chemistry, hot damn

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Song was more fit for Avengers Infinity War, oh Snap! Looks okay.

When I heard about the 1st one I thought it was based of Vector 13 from british comic 2000ad from 1995 (around the time that Alien autopsy vid was popular and also it response to X-Files) The Vector 13 Comic is basically about an Organisation of Men in Black who investigate Aliens, Paranormal and conspiracy theories etc

Turns out though this film Series it was actually based on the Marvel Comics which predated 2000ad by 5 years in 1990, so imagine my suprise when I saw Marvel attached to the film, since I hadn't heard of it, at that point though in 1997 I didn't realise there were a Ton of marvel comics I had also never heard of.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I remember the trailer for the first MIB and it was so unbelievably great and funny (at the cost of giving too much away).

This looks like stylish and enjoyable action with some fun mixed in. I am sure I will enjoy the ride, but I can't find that much of what makes MIB special for me.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
something about this gives me the vibe that this a bogus trailer for a decent movie.
at least thats what im hoping

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
MiB Animated Series opening was still the GOAT tho

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The ghostbusters reboot cast also looked really fun going into it. It's hard to not get vibes of that from this trailer.

The reaction is nowhere near as bad as Ghostbusters' first trailer my dude. And only like a handful of people thought Ghostbusters "looked really fun" ...

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Doesn't really bring back any memories of the original, if it had another name it wouldn't be on my radar after this trailer

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lol, seems like Chris is literally playing Thor in this. The voice and mannerisms are basically exactly the same.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Song was more fit for Avengers Infinity War, oh Snap! Looks okay.

When I heard about the 1st one I thought it was based of Vector 13 from british comic 2000ad from 1995 (around the time that Alien autopsy vid was popular and also it response to X-Files) The Vector 13 Comic is basically about an Organisation of Men in Black who investigate Aliens, Paranormal and conspiracy theories etc

Turns out though this film Series it was actually based on the Marvel Comics which predated 2000ad by 5 years in 1990, so imagine my suprise when I saw Marvel attached to the film, since I hadn't heard of it, at that point though in 1997 I didn't realise there were a Ton of marvel comics I had also never heard of.
FYI Men in Black was a creator owned series, so Marvel doesn't have anything to do with the films.

Anyway, not a convincing trailer but then Sony Pictures trailers almost always suck, so I'll keep my hopes up. Love the Thompson and Hemsworth duo.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The reaction is nowhere near as bad as Ghostbusters' first trailer my dude. And only like a handful of people thought Ghostbusters "looked really fun" ...
That's why I just said it gives vibes, not identical. It's similar in how ghostbusters was originally just a dry comedy with the ghostbusting element, but wasn't crazy over the top action and stuff. The original MiB especially had more of a grounded feel sort of. This is way more hollywood.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Feels very sterile and focus grouped. The part where they build guns out of the car and shoot neon shit reminded me of the Ghostbusters remake. Ill probably watch at some point but I don't have high hopes for this being good.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Chris Hemsworth walk onto the set with Tessa Thompson and just get very very confused?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
it might be just the trailer, but it doesn't look as good as the original movie.
And it feels like Thor is trying to act more human, but you can tell its still thor.
Will still watch, but you cannot beat that Lee/Smith combo from the original. Man i want to rewatch it right now!

I hope it retains the music from the franchise (as heard in the first quarter of the trailer). Love the MIB theme

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
Is MIB still popular to warrant a new movie? To be honest I only remember the first movie back then I thought it was cool after that I didn't care. Hope this movie wont waste the talents on bad script.

Galleren

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I don't know man..not really feeling it. Where the fuck is my brand new edgar suit?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Why do a nostalgia play on Men in Black. The originals arent that old. You just had the 3rd 5 years ago.
Seeing the noisy cricket or the MIB base or the red button does nothing for me.
You have aliens and sci-fi but cant think of something fresh and new

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks decent, I like Tessa Thompson in just about anything.

Seems weird that the MiB never really train their people on equipment. In the first one J keeps being amazed by the guns, noisy cricket, etc and Thompson seems to be in the same boat. Just seems like a weird gag to hold on to, guess they still wanted the "new agent" angle.

Oct 25, 2017
The weapons at the start of the trailer already have me super worried,
Like they just put chrome on a modern or real prototype gun.

As silly as they looked the chrome Super Soakers were unique as hell, same goes for the older car K had that was secretly upgraded vs some new flashy model

Oct 25, 2017
Why do a nostalgia play on Men in Black. The originals arent that old. You just had the 3rd 5 years ago.
3 will be 7 years old when this releases(3 was already 10 years after MIB2).
problem is a sequel was definitely ok happening after 3 but it should have been an actual 4th movie with K finally retired and J getting a young new partner.
They messed around with MIB23 too much, waited to long and now thought they needed a soft reboot.