• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Another Sony Pictures Classic!

Rotten Tomatoes: 32%

IndieWire
Of course, Thompson should star in as many big Hollywood movies as it takes to rejuvenate Hollywood's star system and ensure more women anchor the biggest franchises in play, but "Men in Black" hasn't been in play for years.
Entertainment Weekly
International is better than Men in Black II and worse than Men in Black III, and they're all bad, so erase this sentence from your memory.
The Atlantic
This sequel-slash-spinoff comes across as a lifeless piece of content, bearing a brand name and a glossy look but little else to remember it by.
Hollywood Reporter
This is a fine and unexpected showcase for Thompson, whose poise and composure are notable. This should lead to more, and hopefully varied, film roles.
Variety
In terms of basic execution, "Men in Black: International" is a mess, and if the film were being graded purely in terms of technique, it barely passes muster.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I wanted this to be good, but it sounds like an unsurprising letdown. Reminds me of the Independence Day sequel.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanted this to be good. Absolutely love the two leads. Really disappointed that it seems like an objective mess.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looked pretty good for a Men In Black movie, but that's the thing: it looked pretty good for a series that was never that good to begin with. Leads are great but the trailers were already full of dull parts with only a couple highlights, so this not being that good (as it seems) is no big surprise. Might catch it on TV one day.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Once that first trailer hit there was no way this wasn't gonna be a stinker.

I still want my MIB jump street crossover.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I actually did like the first trailer, though the second one felt lamer.

Hopefully this does not discourage Hollywood from more Hemsworth/Thompson pairings.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Alex from Angryjoe said he liked it. It surprised me since he is the grumpy one. Maybe I will give it a half-price chance.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think a single person who saw the full second trailer ever thought this had a chance at being good. Even the 2 minute trailer was a boring forgettable slog.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
c23.gif

Aine

May 27, 2019
Oh hell, this is going down the drain too? What is with this summer season?

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Never liked any of the MiB films but it's a shame that this one didn't turn out good because that new duo was promising.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Expected, also expected that Thompson is great in it but the RT blurbs that read like she's some rising star are weird and act like she wasn't in thor ragnarok and annihilation among others.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
RIP

Man this summer has been a bloodbath, for admittedly mediocre-looking movies for the most part. Would've been nice to have a few surprise wins though.

Dec 23, 2017
I think this will be a fun cool summer movie. You don't go watch these movies for great acting. Just cool action set pieces and some comedy on the side.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I desperately wanted this to be good (and skipped out on Dark Phoenix to see this). Probably will be waiting on seeing both then if they're both bad

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The commercials for it seem almost giddy about how fucking bad it looks, focusing on the awful little CGI creature for all of his bottom of the barrel "oh brother" script doctor quips.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expected, also expected that Thompson is great in it but the RT blurbs that read like she's some rising star are weird and act like she wasn't in moonlight, thor ragnarok and annihilation among others.
She's only been on people's radar for 2-3 years as indicated by the movies you listed. She is still a rising star.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I have to wait for Toy Story 4 to go watch a good movie in theaters again.

Maybe I'll go stomach Dark Phoenix instead.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
This is disappointing after MIB 3 which was way better than it had any right to be.

Expected, also expected that Thompson is great in it but the RT blurbs that read like she's some rising star are weird and act like she wasn't in moonlight, thor ragnarok and annihilation among others.
Well to be fair, she is not the lead in any of those (especially not in Moonlight). She is unfortunately not really a household name yet.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
At least July is filled with potentially good movies: Spidey, Tarantino, Lion King, Crawl, Midsommar.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone thought this would be good after the trailer couldn't even elicit a smirk, well, I don't know what to tell ya.There is only one MiB movie.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
After the first trailer I didn't have high hopes but I also didn't expect the critics to hate it this much.