• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Making a thread to troll others on the basis of gender
In everyday life, it seems men are more considerate.

They are more likely to hold the door open for you, where as women almost never do.

Men also tend to say thank you when you are holding the door open for them instead of just acting like its expected.

Driving, if I have to switch lanes, its almost always men who let me pass and if I do the same for them, they actually acknowledge a "thank you" with a simple hand raise.

Riding an elevator, they will actually greet you and let you get on or off first rather than jumping line all the way from the back to try and exit first.

Have to drag servers around at work? My guy coworkers are always volunteering to help others or stay late to help the group.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Oh Boy....

I'll just say I almost always get a thank you from women, when I hold a door open. Same from men.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I just want to ask you, what responses do you expect to get from this thread? Because I can guarantee you whatever you've imagined, it's going to be close to the opposite.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
1b1.gif

Dec 11, 2017
I really don't think there is any correlation.

I will say that anecdotaly I see people generally treat very attractive people nicer than others.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You have almost a 1000 posts on this forum and you thought this was a good idea?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nathan Drake is a misogynist pug confirmed!

Seriously though, wherever you're from, the girls don't sound very nice. In my experience, I get the same amount of thank you and consideration from both.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I haven't noticed any of those things, and if I had I probably wouldn't extrapolate my experiences as a universal fact. This thread is a mistake, dyst .

Oct 27, 2017
Let me go ahead and fix this thread for you.

"I find that good people tend to be more considerate. Assholes tend to be less considerate."

There you go.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Honestly, I don't really keep a mental tally of these things nor has it ever really stood out to me. These examples you give are pure anecdotal.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm mistaking you with another user but I don't recall you being this ignorant in other posts.. are you drunk or out of your mind?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not in my experience, sure there are some decent guys but women seem to go an extra mile or remember small things that mean a lot to the person.

Maybe you just had bad experiences op.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It sucks when you hold the door, or let someone in while driving and you get NO acknowledgement. Not a nod, not the universal hold up the hand thing, nothing. Those are the real jerks of the world.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
I really thought this was going to be about the findings of a new study or something. This is just ........ nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.