• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Went to a bonobos for the first time. Awesome yet small store....the prices not so much. The quality is there. Are there any online sites that have discounts?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know some brands that have similar cuts to Levi 502s; aside from Levi's lines at Target and Walmart, of course. Specifically looking for things that don't exceed Levi's price, and hopefully cheaper than Levi's price.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
Hey folks, I want to buy some good quality shirts with no print, brand logo etc. right now I just wear plenty plain Tommy Hilfiger shirts but thinking now I should "grow up". So do you have some websites like suitsupply? Would be great even to Stich my initials.

Thanks in advance :)

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I... I'll just leave this here for you guys to enjoy.
584af0d3dd534b86ac5056888835daff.jpg
acedbc1019b9483882162ee691ba21d0.jpg

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks, I want to buy some good quality shirts with no print, brand logo etc. right now I just wear plenty plain Tommy Hilfiger shirts but thinking now I should "grow up". So do you have some websites like suitsupply? Would be great even to Stich my initials.

Thanks in advance :)

Especially since you nentiin "no brand" I am teally fond of my Muji t-shirts

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth

yo.

it's been 9 years since jil sanders collabed with uniqlo (still have a jacket from the 2009 collection,) this surprised the shit outta me scrolling through my email. pieces look decent, might get a few shirts or some trousers, but damn are these the highest priced pieces uniqlo has ever had?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yo.

it's been 9 years since jil sanders collabed with uniqlo (still have a jacket from the 2009 collection,) this surprised the shit outta me scrolling through my email. pieces look decent, might get a few shirts or some trousers, but damn are these the highest priced pieces uniqlo has ever had?
Think so, but I think you provided the reason why.

The turtleneck looks fire.

432657-77.jpg

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Supreme sold for 2.1 billion, wtf

I will never understand this brand. They don't make anything, they don't design anything, they don't create anything. It's just... a logo.

milch

Oct 25, 2017
I am kinda in love with these boots yet I have no idea how to not embarass myself with them, especially considering my kinda limited wardrobe. Halp.

6723_thursday-boot-co_brandon-burk-photography.jpg

thursdayboots.com

Men's Captain Lace-Up Boot In Midnight Suede - Thursday Boot Company

Classic Men's Cap Toe Lace-Up Boot in Dark Blue 'Midnight' WeatherSafe™ Suede. Handcrafted with Goodyear Welt Construction using the Highest Quality Materials. 5,000+ Verified Customer Reviews. Free Shipping & Returns

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
I am kinda in love with these boots yet I have no idea how to not embarass myself with them, especially considering my kinda limited wardrobe. Halp.

thursdayboots.com

Classic Men's Cap Toe Lace-Up Boot in Dark Blue 'Midnight' WeatherSafe™ Suede. Handcrafted with Goodyear Welt Construction using the Highest Quality Materials. 5,000+ Verified Customer Reviews. Free Shipping & Returns

unless you just wear sweat pants and sports wear, these should be rather easy to pull off. i own three pairs of blue boots in different leathers, and details. i never really give any special consideration to my whole outfit when i put them on. lace up and go.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017

thursdayboots.com

Those are some nice looking boots, good choice! I'd say any shade of brown trousers (from cream and tan all the way down to chocolate) will pair very well with those.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, so I've got an orphaned charcoal suit jacket and I'm trying to figure out if it works standalone as basically a blazer. What do you think based on these photos? (Yeah I know I need a belt lol, I didn't bother throwing one on for these)

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
hm, that's a toughie considering the color and structure... fits well though! the key could be making the whole outfit casual: jeans, sports shirt (grey oxford instead of light blue?)

here's Mark Cho on suiting as separates, might be useful:

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
hm, that's a toughie considering the color and structure... fits well though! the key could be making the whole outfit casual: jeans, sports shirt (grey oxford instead of light blue?)

here's Mark Cho on suiting as separates, might be useful:

Excellent, that helps a lot! Yeah it does fit super well which is why I'd hate to either a. just track down some matching pants and relegate it to suits only occasions or b. spend a lot of money on a similar blazer

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
What's the rule on denim jackets and skin complexion? I'm bald and have pale skin (low contrast) so I'm supposed to opt for a lighter wash. Then again I often add high contrast to my face with caps and sunglasses. Now I tried a lot of darker and lighter jackets and the light jackets seem to wash me out. I mostly wear dark shirts underneath so I should stick with medium or dark jackets to keep the contrast low, right? I probably shouldn't pay too much attention to this rule.

I ordered close to a dozen Wrangler and Lee jackets at half price so I guess I'll just have to compare and send most of them back...

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017
What's the rule on denim jackets and skin complexion? I'm bald and have pale skin (low contrast) so I'm supposed to opt for a lighter wash. Then again I often add high contrast to my face with caps and sunglasses. Now I tried a lot of darker and lighter jackets and the light jackets seem to wash me out. I mostly wear dark shirts underneath so I should stick with medium or dark jackets to keep the contrast low, right? I probably shouldn't pay too much attention to this rule.

I ordered close to a dozen Wrangler and Lee jackets at half price so I guess I'll just have to compare and send most of them back...

The best-looking denim jackets are ones that start off deep indigo and fade with your personal daily wear. Then it's a snapshot of the way you lived life in that jacket.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
The best-looking denim jackets are ones that start off deep indigo and fade with your personal daily wear. Then it's a snapshot of the way you lived life in that jacket.

Definitely have to pick out a few and return the rest then.

This one's my favorite so far:

27caabdf16654db3853997bb58480533.jpg

Also managed to grab this Wrangler Icons jacket for €24 on Amazon:

Screen-Shot-2019-03-20-at-5-23-37-PM.jpg

And I just ordered this pair of Levi's 501 '93 jeans which should be a great match.

lmc7983001070-cdarkindigoflatfinish.jpg

Last edited:

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely have to pick out a few and return the rest then.

This one's my favorite so far:

27caabdf16654db3853997bb58480533.jpg

Also managed to grab this Wrangler Icons jacket for €24 on Amazon:

Screen-Shot-2019-03-20-at-5-23-37-PM.jpg

And I just ordered this pair of Levi's 501 '93 jeans which should be a great match.

lmc7983001070-cdarkindigoflatfinish.jpg

Looks good!

I'm a sucker for denim jackets - specifically Levi Truckers.

Don't normally like logos at all, but they're probably the one item of clothing I can tolerate a visible one on.

...I now have three of them :/

Nice dark grey/charcoal, a lighter mid wash, and a darker mid wash.

(Keep them all)

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Looks good!

I'm a sucker for denim jackets - specifically Levi Truckers.

Don't normally like logos at all, but they're probably the one item of clothing I can tolerate a visible one on.

...I now have three of them :/

Nice dark grey/charcoal, a lighter mid wash, and a darker mid wash.

(Keep them all)

Levi's jackets don't fit me unfortunately. In small the sleeves are too short and medium is too baggy. Wrangler and Lee fit great in small.

Now I've got a 4 sherpa jackets (corduroy brown, corduroy green, medium denim, dark denim) and I will keep at least one loose fit jacket and one slim. Got everything at half price so I'm happy.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking to get a coat/jacket, and wondering if anybody has Canada Goose's MacMillan Parka (here)?

At the moment, I've the Cabri Hoody (here) and it's easily the best jacket I've had between how versatile it is and how warm it is (I have probably worn it almost every second day on average over the last two years) but it's recently got a very slight rip on the sleeve after I caught it on something while walking so want to get something else while I get it patched up. Because of how much I've liked it, I'd like to get another one from the brand.

I quite like the style of the parka, but I'm worried slightly about how it would look in person (particularly as I'm of a very small build), and how versatile it is for a variety of weather conditions. The other options I'm considering are the Armstrong Hoody (here) and the Hybridge knit hoody (here - I love the style of this but I have serious concerns over how warm/long-lasting they are) but any feedback or suggestions would be good from anybody who has any of them.

Normally if I was buying a coat like this I'd much rather get one in person and actually try it on before making any decision, but it's looking like it's going to be months before that becomes feasible.

Mean temperatures are generally between 4C and 10C in late Autumn/Winter/early Spring and between 8C and 20C in late spring/summer/early Autumn (or 39F-50F, and 46F to 68F).

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I want to buy some Levi's 501 straight fit 100% cotton jeans. How tight should they be at first? According to Levi's size chart I'm a size 29. I tried a pair and it fits snug at the waist but not tight. Size 28 on the other hand feels tight and a little uncomfortable. It's also tight around my big calves which is annoying. Should I go with the tighter size 28 to account for stretching over time? I did lose quite a bit of weight (I'm 5'11" and weigh 141lbs now) so I feel that size 29 would be the safer bet if I were to gain back some weight?

I also tried the 501 with 99% cotton 1% elastane. I prefer that with chinos but with jeans it feels too stretchy in the waist.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
My basic bitch haircut. Need a little basic-ness right now.
EkYKMl4.jpg
I was 32 when I took the photo above. I'll be 35 in June. This is now.
TrhM6gw_d.webp
I am exponentially more confident and feel more comfortable with my look these days. Helps that I have an incredible barber now. Glasses + more weight helps my overall look right now too. Feels like me and I think I look great. The beard is a new addition. Helps with the baby face.

I'll probably always stick to a casual look. Reminds me I need to make a trip to Goodwill soon for some new T-shirts.

Last edited:

Filiab

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hey Folks! I'm going to be getting married in June ! I've got two questions

I'd like some feed back on the tie options I'm currently looking at. tie options! I plan to wear a white shirt. I figured my colour fun would come from tie and pocket square.

Also I'm looking at new shoes as well as my old dress shoes really need some love. I figured a dark brown? I don't know, I'm not super great with this stuff. Could someone recommend a good company that makes a more wider-shoe for a size 12?

Thanks so much! I'd share the suit shot with me in it but I find the pre altered look doesn't flatter me too much so waiting for it to be finished.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017

I'd like some feed back on the tie options I'm currently looking at. tie options! I plan to wear a white shirt. I figured my colour fun would come from tie and pocket square.

Also I'm looking at new shoes as well as my old dress shoes really need some love. I figured a dark brown? I don't know, I'm not super great with this stuff. Could someone recommend a good company that makes a more wider-shoe for a size 12?

Thanks so much! I'd share the suit shot with me in it but I find the pre altered look doesn't flatter me too much so waiting for it to be finished.

Are you using the blue suit? Then I would recommend Loake 1880 in mahogany color. They're not cheap, but they are on the cheaper side compared on the fancier brands out there and I would still call them as an investment as they are definitely good pair of shoes. Not sure about the wideness on a size 12 on them though...

5.jpg

Coolverine

May 7, 2018

Allen Edmonds and Alden both go really wide and are quality shoes. they too won't be cheap, likely $350+ (AE) $500+ (Alden) for a nice pair.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I was 32 when I took the photo above. I'll be 35 in June. This is now.
TrhM6gw_d.webp
I am exponentially more confident and feel more comfortable with my look these days. Helps that I have an incredible barber now. Glasses + more weight helps my overall look right now too. Feels like me and I think I look great. The beard is a new addition. Helps with the baby face.

I'll probably always stick to a casual look. Reminds me I need to make a trip to Goodwill soon for some new T-shirts.
D'aww

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
some illness has infected my brain to the point where I want a nice hat.
kings of the dead menswear thread, please, where might I buy this?

screenshotfrom2021-11zoj12.png

screenshotfrom2021-11wrkee.png

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
some illness has infected my brain to the point where I want a nice hat.
kings of the dead menswear thread, please, where might I buy this?

screenshotfrom2021-11zoj12.png

screenshotfrom2021-11wrkee.png
Goddamn I love hats. Wish it was more socially acceptable to wear them. That looks like a wide brim fedora. Don't know wear you could get that exact one but certainly you could find something similar at:

https://stetson.com/collections/hats-fedora-felt/products/stratoliner-fedora-walnut

or

https://www.goorin.com/products/s-and-s-tavern

If you're looking to spend not quite so much you could search https://www.villagehatshop.com/

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I recently bought a wool aran sweater (from British brand Peregrine) and I absolutely love it, but I wouldn't mind the collar to be a bit wider - especially if I wear it with a dress shirt, as pictured below. Weirdest pants ever that fella has tho, don't get distracted. It's pretty much fine with a t-shirt, but with an additional collar, meh. Any way to do that without wrecking my sweater? Or just accept and move on?

1246737.jpg

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I've been WFH since 2020, and I have just been invited to a work conference this fall. This means I'll have to wear something other than my now daily office attire of gym shorts and a t-shirt.

Where does one get nice business casual+ clothes these days?

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
bummed this thread doesn't have much activity these days but does anyone here have any news on the nike x undercover brand gyakusou? i've been eyeing their stuff for so long i'm sad that they seemingly no longer put out anything these days. a damn cap costs anywhere from $150-200 from grailed..