• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Mental Health ERA |OT| You are not Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Hououin, it's understandable to feel anxious when you have something big coming up, whether you're excited for it or not. It's a very normal thing to happen when you have anxiety, and I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Would it be at all possible for you to tell them that you're feeling better or something along the lines of you were mistaken that its the stomach flu, and it wasn't that bad?

That probably fills you with a bit of anxiety as well, it always did for me at least when I was in that situation, but I'd really recommend trying out one of these breathing techniques when you feel it coming on and trying your best to power through that immediate feeling. Anxiety can be tricky, but just taking a brief moment to breathe and recenter ourselves can really go a long way towards helping.

I really like that image personally, but these are some alternatives you can try as well.

Really appreciate the response, Ketkat. I actually ended up calling my brother and just completely confessed what happened. It was like a breath of fresh air, they were super understanding. Plans are now back on track and I’m in the car with them now lol.

I also went ahead and scheduled an appointment to finally get some help. Today has ended up turning into a good day.

Thanks for posting those breathing exercises - I want to be able to handle my anxiety in better, smarter ways, and I think these should be a great start.

Oct 28, 2017
Why don't breathing exercises work for me?

They make me more anxious as I sit there and start thinking too much.

Just more proof I'm a broken piece of shit, I should be dead.
Breathing exercises take time to start working I think. When you've done it enough times that you aren't thinking about the results but the breathing itself then it really starts to help. But there's a process, it's like meditation. The excerises not working isn't a flaw of yours it's just a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.