• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Gotta go fast

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotta go fast
-Sanic"
-Me in the Message board velocity is the most important feature thread
It's signatures.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not as fast as many 4chan boards, but at the same time it's much easier to follow. 4chan threads linger for a very short time at the first page.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Not as fast as many 4chan boards, but at the same time it's much easier to follow. 4chan threads linger for a very short time at the first page.
After all these years I still have no fucking clue how to navigate a chan thread. I mean I can follow a discussion well enough through the links, but it's organized so goddamn weird that it just makes no sense in my brain

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
After all these years I still have no fucking clue how to navigate a chan thread. I mean I can follow a discussion well enough through the links, but it's organized so goddamn weird that it just makes no sense in my brain
There are many things wrong with the usability in the threads. The structure requires some kind of learning curve and isn't intuitive. When you need to look up a guide on how to successfully use the site, you know you need to reformat some shit.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, how long is a sprint here again?
giphy.gif

Really I think velocity is fine but we gotta focus on our burndown.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Can be good or bad. Stream or any livestream reaction threads that are emulations of twitch chat are total trash.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
This forum is noticably smaller (less active) than the old forum.

Is everyone in on the joke except me?

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
This is le old forum right now:
151 Guests online 932 Total visitors 1,083

But they seem more vocal. There are to many forums within this forum.

You can't compare to the old forum right now. Right now it s dead. But compare to old forum a few years ago, or this forum in the beginning. The first page get a lot more new threads whenever you refresh.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only drawback is, if you go take a dump and come back, reply #20-28 will accuse OP of abandoning the thread.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its absolutely a positive for news aggregation. It isn't good for disscussion though. Best forum discussions I've ever had were on a forum with <200 active members.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This forum is noticably smaller (less active) than the old forum.

Is everyone in on the joke except me?
ive been saying this months too. feels like im taking crazy pills.

This is le old forum right now:
151 Guests online 932 Total visitors 1,083

But they seem more vocal. There are to many forums within this forum.

What?

They are way less active. Just look at and compare timestamps on bottom of first page posts on both

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is going to make fun of this thread due to OP's phrasing, but OP is most assuredly right. Knowing I can create a thread and have multiple replies within seconds is a huge deal.

Alternatively, knowing I can check Gaming or Off Topic every 5 minutes or so and find something new and interesting is awesome.
aka the benefit of not splitting everything up in to a bunch of sub categories.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Knowing I can create a thread and have multiple replies within seconds is a huge deal
Its absolutely a positive for news aggregation. It isn't good for disscussion though. Best forum discussions I've ever had were on a forum with <200 active members.
The problem here is that you will get loads of replies to active threads, but threads often move so fast that the vast majority of replies are either to the OP or to one of the first handful of replies. No-one seems to bother reading the entire thread, for example, and instead just launch straight into a reply even though discussion, such as it is, is moving on.

So yeah, I don't think the level of discussion here is up to much in general, but if you want to know what's going on in certain spheres then this forum comes into its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.