• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which option do you prefer?

Votes: 68 7.9%

Votes: 63 7.3%

Votes: 110 12.8%

Votes: 418 48.5%

Votes: 203 23.5%

• Total voters

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Hey All,

We're going to try this again after the last error. We've got 5 different potential options for messages inside of threads.

The first option is to keep everything as is.

Second Option: 12 pt font. Open Sans.

Option 3.png

Third Option: 12 pt. font. Open Sans. Spacing between posts.

Option 4.png

Fourth Option: 12 pt. font. Helvetica. Spacing between posts.

Option 7.png

Fifth Option: 12 pt. font. Helvetica. No spacing.

Option 8.png

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope we move away from Open Sans. The bold weight renders poorly in Opera for me. It's hard to look at.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Helvetica with the space yessss. I've accidentally hit reply on too many incorrect posts because I couldn't differentiate between them.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 4th option looks pretty good. The 5th is a bit crammed for my tastes.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I jumped on 3. More because of a sense that there was less of a side margin than anything else(The image was probably cropped though).

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Voted as-is, but I'd also be cool with #5. I'm pretty much on board with any option that doesn't introduce have space between posts, I like to have as many on screen at once as possible.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Helvetica is easier on the eyes, the spacing helps in the deviation of posts. Option 4

Vapidity

Oct 25, 2017
Internet
I think the Report button that most of us see is far too eye-popping. It really sticks out.

Besides that option 4 looks best to me.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I went with option four; the spacing is the most important factor for me.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I think the Report button that most of us see is far too eye-popping. It really sticks out.

Besides that option 4 looks best to me.
I also agree with this. I don't know if it's just the current position (Perhaps it would be better placed in the top-right?) or something else, but it really pops out right now.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whichever wins, you also need to make the padding in posts even on all sides. Currently it's all kinds of different on each side, and it's hurting me.

Bad:

re_padding_badjbs6i.png

Good (quick and dirty edit, but you get it):

re_padding_goodaisxw.png

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for option 3, but I would also be cool with 4. Basically, I like having spaces between posts.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
We're working on the report feature. It's important to the team to get that one fixed.

Just want to make sure everyone is aware that we're aware of the problem.

How will that affect the mobile site? Cause there's already sufficient spacing there (imo).

That will be preserved.

Lucumo

Oct 25, 2017
Voted for #5 but I think having a better indication between the posts (like how it is in the other forum) is a must. I guess that might also be a reason why people vote for spacing.

Crab

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind especially which font but please to God no spacing. Just use a line divisor between posts.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the spacing, it just doesn't fit the classic forum style. Also wasted space is never good, and well done striping is all you need to differentiate posts.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The unofficial dark theme posted actually does a good job of not needing spaces between posts, as there is a bigger contrast between boxes, making them naturally stand out. The same goes for the quote boxes, which don't stand out much in the standard light theme.

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
Would love everything to have a bit more padding. Within posts, and especially on the main forums listing threads as well.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the spacing, it just doesn't fit the classic forum style. Also wasted space is never good, and well done striping is all you need to differentiate posts.
Yeah. I need something to separate posts but a space seems too much. A nice good line is what I'd like. Same with a line to separate the Avatar/username from the post.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 is the best. I like information density, but having no buffer at all between posts feels a bit cluttered at the moment.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care that much about font and size, it's the spacing that bothers me. Put in a line divisor or something, maybe reduce the amount of space the avatars take, it's the space that's the problem imo.

Crab

Oct 25, 2017
If a spacing option wins, can we open a second poll to match it up against line divisor? I agree that posts need more differentiation but the wasted space is a sin.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
4 is fantastic. The current bold on the forum feels off so I'd like it to change. And yea, something between posts whether that be a line or a space.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the point of the spacing is when the post background alternates background colors. For this reason I voted for the 5th option. It's a cleaner look while still being highly readable.