• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
More details and lists at the link, but here are the main ones as shown in the article:
And several of 2019's highest-scoring releases were new ports of previously released titles, including the year's #1-ranked release, Divinity: Original Sin II (reaching the Switch in 2019 after prior releases in 2017 and 2018 on other platforms), as well as the #2, which was the belated PC version of Red Dead Redemption, arriving a year after its console brethren.

So, what was our best new game of 2019? The year's #3-ranked release, Resident Evil 2. (...)

Perhaps you disagree with that classification. In that case, what was 2019's best wholly original release? That honor falls to our overall #4-ranked title, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, which is definitely not a port of any previous game. It's not even a sequel, for that matter, but is instead that rarest of things: a terrific new IP (in this case, by FromSoftware, the team behind Dark Souls series and Bloodborne).

Rounding out our top 5 highest-scoring games of 2019 was the latest Final Fantasy XIV expansion, Shadowbringers.

PS4 GOTY : Resident Evil 2 (91 - 85 critics)
PS4 Exclusive of the year : MLB The Show 19 (86 - 31 critics) - won't be an exclusive anymore "as early as 2021"

X1 GOTY : Resident Evil 2 (93 - 26 critics)
X1 (console) Exclusive of the year : Gears 5 (84 - 86 critics)

Switch GOTY : Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition (93 - 17 critics)
Switch Exclusive of the year : Fire Emblem Three Houses (89 - 101 critics)

PC GOTY : Red Dead Redemption 2 (93 - 43 critics)
PC Exclusive of the year : Disco Elysium (91 - 59 critics)

Interesting ranking. I added the number of critics to have a proper comparison.

Last edited:

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
PS4 Exclusive of the year : MLB The Show 19 (86 - 31 critics) - won't be an exclusive anymore in the future

You have false information in your OP. MLB The Show will be exclusive again this year. The game will go multiplatform "as early as 2021." Meaning it will be 2021 at the earliest before it's no longer exclusive.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
You have false information in your OP. MLB The Show will be exclusive again this year. The game will go multiplatform "as early as 2021." Meaning it will be 2021 at the earliest before it's no longer exclusive.
Future doesn't mean "2020", I would have said that otherwise.
But sure, I'll edit that to clarify.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

So what you're saying is that it won't be an exclusive anymore in the future.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Disco Elysium is currently a PC exclusive yes but it is coming to consoles.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DQXI S is technically the highest switch exclusive at 91, as that version isn't available on any other platform.
but i can see why they went with fire emblem.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck, I need to buy Disco before the discount ends tomorrow.

DQXI S is technically the highest switch exclusive at 91, as that version isn't available on any other platform.
but i can see why they went with fire emblem.

People don't usually call a port on another system exclusive just because it has some exclusive content.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Man, I wish I had time to play Disco Elysium. I can't decide if I want to buy it now (or the first sale on Steam) or if I wait for an eventual (hopefully for me at least) console release that might have some improvements and added content ala the Divinity: Original Sun games, especially since such a release would serve as a reminder to play a game I'm confident I'll adore.

Oct 25, 2017
No, clearly that's not what I said, that's what the OP said. He has since clarified the statement.

but it's still the future though. You still said basically the same thing.

RTaCacllF_sVvlg8b_8v7k2m9--mOpKroYc_3ji2sl_spWuEiZIMxEhUG9J8ul6juqDcv4x47zL2FdcmME5SBUQpRRwwnB1GaOg765sHUA=w443-h332

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Resident Evil 2 Remake is god. Aint it practically the highest ranked horror game of the last decade?

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
There is no Baseball in the future, only shame.

Shameball 2020 is multiplatform (at least in the future obviously)

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Weird to mention MLB not being an exclusive when Gears 5 is on PC and Disco Elysium is coming to consoles probably this year.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Weird to mention MLB not being an exclusive when Gears 5 is on PC and Disco Elysium is coming to consoles probably this year.
Or you can read the OP and see that Gears 5 is shown as being a console exclusive only already.
Nobody even bother talking about PC exclusives anymore since nearly all of them come to PC nowadays, apart from grand strategy games and some MMO and indies. Especially successful ones.