• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I've been pumping Father and Son since the release of MGS4.

Don't need Spotify to tell that the score is good.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I thought you said announced for a release. My heart skipped a beat.

This is still cool

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sweet. MGS4 has an amazing soundtrack. Now I got some new music to listen to when traveling to work.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Are all these soundtracks (MGS & FF) on anything other than Spotify? Google Play Music for instance? Or Apple Music?

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse
Wait, "Metal Gear Saga" has the classic theme. I thought they stopped using that since MGS4. I don't remember it playing in the game, but maybe it was after MGS4? Weird.

OP
OP
The Emperor

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC the MGS4 version doesn't have the classic bit that is basically the "MGS theme", just the build up to it rearranged. It definitely isn't in the version that's in the credits or during the final scene.
Then it is when snake & ocelot are fighting I think towards the end of their fight.

The classic bit is definitely there somewhere

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck are you doing OP????

Do not ever post threads about MGS during E3 time if it's not about a remake!
I almost shit my pants....

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
That plays in the end credits for MGS4. They didn't use it after that game
Metal Gear Survive most recently used a bit of the original theme in it's end credits song (Memory of Survivors), and it's also on Spotify.

The 25th Anniversary and MGS Vocal Tracks albums are up there too. I'm pretty sure these have been up there for a while now, some months at least. Wish they'd put MGS1-3 there too soon.

Are all these soundtracks (MGS & FF) on anything other than Spotify? Google Play Music for instance? Or Apple Music?
FF sadly isn't, but these MGS and Castlevania albums, many Capcom soundtracks and the massive Falcom catalogue is on Google Play Music at least.