• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Very impressive. I just spent about 5 hours sculpting a face and it looks horrendous. Seeing stuff like this does spur me on though.

Feb 10, 2018
He has spent quite a bit of time on this, if you are going to spend this much time on recreating a game why not do it better in UE4, unity, cryengine etc?

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm seems like the games in dreams have to be fairly small if this already takes up all the memory. Dreams will get quite the boost from PS5 I can imagine... will be revolutionary!

Feb 10, 2018
Because it's easier and takes far less time to learn?

For the amount of work and effort that this project has seemed to have taken, I don't know if it was the best approach.
It's pretty cool, but your left with somthing that resembles MGS with modern visual elements, but missing a lot of stuff.
The remakes in dreams are good Imitations but only on a cosmetic level.
I think the best use of dreams is original dreams.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Ah the tired old "fan art isn't worthy art" argument again
I don't get how you can be offended because of someone's harmless creative project

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
YaTjFxp.gif

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ.....

They gonna make me tap into my creative side with this game....

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
For the amount of work and effort that this project has seemed to have taken, I don't know if it was the best approach.
It's pretty cool, but your left with somthing that resembles MGS with modern visual elements, but missing a lot of stuff.
I too expect a demo made in a month in a half by a few people to perfectly emulate a AAA game made by dozens over years

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's fun to make stuff in Dreams.

ItsTheShoes

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Thread Whining
Do we really have to have a "______ made in dreams" whenever anything comes out for it?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
This, he is gonna spend a lot of time recreating a PSX accurate "port" of the game that it will probably end playing worse then original.

I can get doing the first area just for fun but I hope he will stop there, there is no need for this, just play the PSX version on an emulator at this point or you know, invest time to make something original and that can't be potentially be taken down by Konami.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Snake lookin like he's shit his pants but apart from that, really impressive work. I can't wait for the full release of Dreams. Potential seems incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
There are other versions with more features as well.
MGSVR mission

Codec, health, enemies, guns, etc

Last edited:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I am going to buy this. I hope its successful enough where Sony does a beefier version next gen.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty amazing. I wonder how Sony is prepping for potential legal concerns or would all content created in Dreams fall under some broad fair use argument.

Someone, please make me a competitive Naruto-based fighter with customization.

Oct 25, 2017
This, he is gonna spend a lot of time recreating a PSX accurate "port" of the game that it will probably end playing worse then original.

I can get doing the first area just for fun but I hope he will stop there, there is no need for this, just play the PSX version on an emulator at this point
You know what could easily be made in this style and benefit significantly from the upgrade.
Metal_Gear_cover.jpg
Metal_Gear_2_Boxart.JPG

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we just get pass the "XXXXX made in Dreams" fucking hell so boring

Just so you know im on the side they could be doing so much more other then clones
I'm creating a Crash Bandicoot game.

Also it's obvious why some people recreate things, it gets them subscribers and likes. No one will care if you make a new IP. Have to start with something familiar to get people to sub. THEN you make original stuff. It's what I'm planning.

Last edited:

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
The original game in it's most polished state exists to play right now.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
More impressive than the creative talent of the individuals who make these sorts if things -- there seems to be a small group of people who always find their way into this discussion with negative intention. I find that extremely fascinating. It's almost as if they are jealous and insecure about people making huge strides with the Dream toolset.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, some people in here trying to tell others what they should do with their time, and how to do it. Absolute madness. If a person or group of people are having fun expressing themselves in Dreams then either be happy for them or piss off if you want to try and rain on their parade.

It's amazing that even now some people don't grasp that many people are recreating existing IP to learn the tools and build up their skills with this engine. Not to mention it might be a passion project for them and this is the medium they've chosen to bring it to life. Or as someone mentioned earlier that some people might be planning to make money off of their work via Patreon or whatnot and recreating an existing IP is the fastest and best way to get people to take notice of you in the sea of other creators. There're so many reasons why this is a great and amazing thing, yet I'm constantly flabbergasted when I see people shitting all over someone for doing something they enjoy.

Anyways, enough with that rant. Finally finished Days Gone and I've got a few days off now, so I think I'll try to finish up the tutorials for Dreams and see what happens.

Feb 10, 2018
Don't you post this in every Dreams thread?

I don't know, but people post there same positive opinion in multiple dreams threads, I don't see you calling out there consistency.

I never knew dreams threads were echo Chambers of praise only.

Also the fabrication below is so false.

Saying there maybe better ways to remake games + that I don't like the remakes of other games in dreams = "telling people what they should do with there time"

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
We also get a lot of positive posts in a dreams thread.

Is this thread a dreams echo chamber of praise only?

I don't know, but people post there same positive opinion in multiple dreams threads, I don't see you calling out there consistency.

Because you don't get to dictate how a person chooses to spend their time. If this person is happy to do a project like this in Dreams then who are you to come along and piss all over it and criticize them for not using a more traditional engine? That has nothing to do with this thread being an "echo chamber of praise only" and more to do with people reacting to a poor comment that's not in good taste.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We also get a lot of positive posts in a dreams thread.

Is this thread a dreams echo chamber of praise only?

A real complaint would be critiquing the actual proficiency of the level/creation. Bitching about why someone spends their time creating in this game and should just move onto different pieces of software (which they may not even have access to) is asinine.

But sure, it's just an echo chamber.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

I think it's a fair point that you'd prefer new concepts and games over remakes/homages. But some people really love this stuff, and what you are looking for is also out there.

Your idea of "why not use UE4 etc?" seems kind of questionable. Isn't Dreams designed to make content creation more accessible than proper engines like those?