• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This looks incredible! Some of the stuff you can do in Dreams are just crazy.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks really great.

It only needs an animation that doesn't look like Snake soiled his pants.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Strange that he can't put his back against the wall and tap on it, is it not possible to create that part?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game just keeps on surprising me.

I cannot wait to see what other things people will create.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Keep Snake's posture and running animation and retool the entire game to be about Snake desperately trying to find a bathroom

Oct 27, 2017
These things are super impressive. But the more of them I see, the more I wonder what will happen when they start getting more notoriety.

Are MM going to police this stuff? Should they be expecting to see a bunch of C&D's from other companies for hosting these? What kind of effect will that have on relationships between Sony and other companies, etc etc.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
These things are super impressive. But the more of them I see, the more I wonder what will happen when they start getting more notoriety.

Are MM going to police this stuff? Should the be expecting to see a bunch of C&D's from other companies for hosting these? What kind of effect will that have on relationships between Sony and other companies, etc etc.
iirc they will have to take down the games that are getting copy right strikes by the ip holders, but unless that happens the game will remain.

Jan 10, 2018
"Konami threatens to take legal action against player created Metal Gear levels in Dreams - Will hold both Media Modicule and its player base responsible"

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: threadwhining
Can we just get pass the "XXXXX made in Dreams" fucking hell so boring

Just so you know im on the side they could be doing so much more other then clones

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
iirc they will have to take down the games that are getting copy right strikes by the ip holders, but unless that happens the game will remain.
Initially the onus is going to be on the rightsholders/publishers/musicians etc, but thats unsustainable to keep searching Dreams for if you are, say, a small/indie and just want to make sure no-one is using your stuff. If you are EA, Nintendo, Konami etc then you have money and lawyers so they can and will pursue action and that might be bad for MM.

They are going to have to end up implementing/maintaining some kind of search system for keywords / audio etc like YouTube has if they aren't careful. And that could end up being quite expensive for them.

The fact that you can create full games on console without using any adiitional hardware or software is boring?
II'm guessing Jump_Button means that they would rather see users create brand new stuff than just make other people's stuff. It's cool the first few times you see it and it shows you just how much is possible with the tool set, but in the end its not as interesting as seeing what people could do from scratch.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
II'm guessing @Jump_Button means that they would rather see users create brand new stuff than just make other people's stuff. It's cool the first few times you see it and it shows you just how much is possible with the tool set, but in the end its not as interesting as seeing what people could do from scratch
I think making something new and "thread-worthy" will take much more time: planning, learning things etc. Plus "marketing" is harder, especially if you don't think about sending your game to IGN or something lol.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
That was... amaze balls. I continue to be stunned by the talent of individuals out there. Bravo!

Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait for the inevitable bullshit 'yeah but people just copy stuff, where is the original stuff'. Look for it, theres plenty of that too.

Edit: yep theres already a post like that.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Konami threatens to take legal action against player created Metal Gear levels in Dreams - Will hold both Media Modicule and its player base responsible"

Or, more likely:

"Media Molecule and Sony remove player-created content from Dreams that contains blatant copyright infringement because they're not idiots."

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
These are always impressive technical feats but I'm tired of all the remake stuff and wish more people with some creativity would make their own new game idea without it being so common for people to just constantly remake established franchises. Afaik it's against the rules of the game to violate IP copyrights anyway.

But I'm really impressed how they got the graphics and feel down.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really have done a great job.

It's so on the nose, that Psycho Mantis even reads what you have stored in the cloud.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
These are always impressive technical feats but I'm tired of all the remake stuff and wish more people with some creativity would make their own new game idea without it being so common for people to just constantly remake established franchises. Afaik it's against the rules of the game to violate IP copyrights anyway.

These posts are tiresome people make whatever they want in Dreams people have already made plenty of original stuff.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
FWIW there are lots of cool original game ideas in Dreams (there's one about a birthday party that was super cute, wish I remembered the name)

They just won't get threads made about them because there's a rule against self-promotion and it's a lot harder to grab people's attention with "look at this cool thing someone made in dreams" than "POPULAR IP remade in Dreams!"

There should be a Creation Corner or something that stays on the main forum for unique games like that, I think.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Damn.

tenor.gif

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
These posts are tiresome people make whatever they want in Dreams people have already made plenty of original stuff.

Yes there is original stuff out there, but scrolling through the dream surfer it feels like the most talented technical creations are usually just remakes like PT and MGS.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya

Are MM going to police this stuff? Should they be expecting to see a bunch of C&D's from other companies for hosting these? What kind of effect will that have on relationships between Sony and other companies, etc etc.
LittleBigPlanet is absolutely rife with stuff like this and nothing ever gets touched.

Oct 27, 2017

... and the cycle continues.. there is plenty of good original content aswell.