• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lovely combo of free* games. Easily one of the best combinations since the Games With Gold service launched. Been meaning to play Vanquish for the longest time, but the short campaign always made me cautious about buying it, now I can enjoy it without problems. As for The Phantom Pain, been meaning to try out the so lauded stealth gameplay (that I don't think was that good in Ground Zeroes imho), though I doubt I'll invest tons of time into the game as reading about the Farmville-like micromanagement with timers and resources really made me sour on the idea.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Everybody play Vanquish. It's a thing of beauty.

It's like 4/5 hours long, crazy rollercoaster rider of a shooter, with technical and strategic combat, spectacular set pieces and extremely fast faced action.

Highly recommended.

Oct 27, 2017
Shame we'll never get a one x update for MGS V.
So weird as they did the PS4pro patch out of nowhere, just before the X released. I assumed it was because they worked on both consoles enhanced patch at the same time. But it's been over 6 months and no sign of an X patch.

I finished the game on PS4 originally. Free Xbox version is a good excuse to finally play through the game a second time.

Already have Vanquish but it's always nice to get a digital version.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Recently resubscribed to gold after a long hiatus.

Aren't 360 games with gold unlocked and playable on your account forever, and not just while your gold sub is active?

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
damn! now I want vanquish to get scorpio enhanced.
art is as good as I remeber, but "muddy" gfx I didnt remember as well.
this in 4k is money

come on Kevin La Chapelle!! vanquish and rage! for me , special request 8)

Oct 30, 2017
Can I just say that Vanquish is legit one of the funnest games I've played in years.

Like, holy shit, it's the only Platinum game that has truly clicked for me. Never played beyond the first mission until yesterday. How has this game not been given more praise for completely revolutionizing the cover-based shooter?

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
Even though I already have Vanquish on disc, the digital version will come in handy once I get a One X. Also glad more people get to experience one of the best games of previous gen.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
akihiko-ive-been-waiting-for-this.png

had ground zero since forever, never played it because "meh why bother playing a glorified demo", then MGSV got added to gamepass but with a time limit and i was all "meh why bother i might not finish it before it gets removed"

now i have no excuses

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
That's some quality lineup. I don't have a One so I don't follow Games with Gold, but are all months that good? If so, that's a pretty solid service.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice. I sold my MGSV disk a while back but have been wanting to dip back in, so now I have no excuse.

Wish we'd get an X-enhanced patch though.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
My mind tricked me and I read it as "Games for Windows Live" and I was like

n1BCGl.gif

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Two masterpieces. Everyone should play those two games. Some of the most innovatives ideas of gameplay I've never seen in a 3D game, next to Ocarina of Time, RE4, Super Mario Galaxy and Breath of the Wild. Some of my all time favs.