• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really worried about the population of the game, at least on PC. I preordered the full title, and while on beta PS4 I had no problems on fiding matches, on Pc I only managed to find ONE.
If that's indicative about the general interest in the game, the title will be dead on PC within a week, and since you NEED partners to beat those coop missions since on solo they are simply too hard, you wouldn't be able to complete the game.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really worried about the population of the game, at least on PC. I preordered the full title, and while on beta PS4 I had no problems on fiding matches, on Pc I only managed to find ONE.
If that's indicative about the general interest in the game, the title will be dead on PC within a week, and since you NEED partners to beat those coop missions since on solo they are simply too hard, you wouldn't be able to complete the game.

I am skeptical about that too. I think i will be playing it on PS4 but i wanted to get it for my laptop as i will be moving to England sometime in the next couple of months and i won't be getting my PS4 with me...
I will play it on PS4 today and check the differences on matchmaking.

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017

Play on the euro servers. Had no trouble finding a match.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've warmed to this after playing multiple rounds, the horde mode/base defense gameplay is fine. It's not amazing or anything but it's okay for that style. It feels cheap and low budget but I guess that's why it's $40 lol. I dunno, I think the SP flow would be a little more interesting than what's going on in this very limited look. Hopefully there's more going on in the retail version.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
All those freaking messages until you can play...

I am trying the ps4 version now.
I see that the game has a problem with rest mode. I've put the console on rest, came back half an hour later and while it connected to the servers it failed to create a session.
Also the matchmaking is as slow as the pc version.

If anyone wants to try the hard mission for S Rank on Steam (European Servers):
Embedded

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
All those freaking messages until you can play...

I am trying the ps4 version now.
I see that the game has a problem with rest mode. I've put the console on rest, came back half an hour later and while it connected to the servers it failed to create a session.
Also the matchmaking is as slow as the pc version.

If anyone wants to try the hard mission for S Rank on Steam (European Servers):
Embedded
I added you, I am up for trying it later!
Just need to do some more normal missions to get to max level

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People having trouble findning matches( on PC ), im from Europe and it usually takes 2 mins ( for me ) to find full matches. try setting your region to there.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing carries to the main game like the previous beta right?

Btw, any PS4 Pro support for this beta or still nothing?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
if anyone in europe right now wants to play, Embedded and I are in a group of two.
just add either "Embedded" or "Klyka" on Steam

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
PC version has this cursor problem again like in MGS5 where it stays a circle in the menu. How strange they never managed to solve it even in a new game.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I played for a few hours last night and didn't have an issue with matchmaking at all, selected quick match and was pushed to a loading screen straight away.

If anyone wants to play on PC let me know :)

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
The keyboard/mouse control scheme in this game has completely turned me off. I would have to spend some serious time trying to reconfigure it to my liking and even then it seems like there are some quirks that would be impossible to fix. I was pretty surprised to see the heavy auto aim snap my mouse around. It feels like a direct remapping rather than a retooling to a different input type. I guess I would need to accept that this is probably a game better played with controller, but the beta did nothing but drive me far far away from wanting to dig deeper.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is that where you can see windows loading circle?

I have seen it on the screen, but usuallt when I've alt-tab'd when I click on the game it goes.

Yes. When I click "Escape" when in the game, the loading circle appears. But, I alt-tabbed and this was solved. Thanks. This issue is notorious since MGS5 but has neevr been solved even in this enw game.

Does the Steam beta have voice chat enabled by default? There is no push to talk button option? Only enable or disable? This is nuts.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The keyboard/mouse control scheme in this game has completely turned me off. I would have to spend some serious time trying to reconfigure it to my liking and even then it seems like there are some quirks that would be impossible to fix. I was pretty surprised to see the heavy auto aim snap my mouse around. It feels like a direct remapping rather than a retooling to a different input type. I guess I would need to accept that this is probably a game better played with controller, but the beta did nothing but drive me far far away from wanting to dig deeper.
You can turn that off.
I only had to switch two keys around for myself and it's all pretty normal from there.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK

I've had to play this with a controller as MKB feels like garbage with this game. It was deffinetly built with a controller in mind that's for sure.

Yes. When I click "Escape" when in the game, the loading circle appears. But, I alt-tabbed and this was solved. Thanks. This issue is notorious since MGS5 but has neevr been solved even in this enw game.

Does the Steam beta have voice chat enabled by default? There is no push to talk button option? Only enable or disable? This is nuts.
Glad you sorted the loading wheel and yeah voice chat is defaulted to on haven't seen PTT

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. For some reason I thought the PC version was delayed, but I guess not? That's cool.

Anyway, I got to play a couple of rounds of this with my boyfriend last night, and it was pretty fun, though we sort of suck at it. We died on the third round the first time, but the second time we got through the whole thing. I like how chaotic it can be, with all the... zombies(?) coming from different lanes.

Does the game scale difficulty depending on how many players there are?

Also, I agree about the keyboard controls sucking. They should have figured out a new system rather than keep the "hold [number] to swap equipment" system that controllers use; it works for controllers, but on a keyboard it just feels uncomfortable. Plus, you still can't use the mouse pointer in menus. Just like MGS5, I think I'll stick to using an Xbox One controller.

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
You can turn that off.
I only had to switch two keys around for myself and it's all pretty normal from there.

Good to know that you can turn the auto aim off. I still found a lot of the menus to be pretty frustrating with how you have to mouse over to select different equipment slots rather than being able to WASD around. I'm sure that I would eventually get used to it. I just feels like the kb/m layout was an afterthought.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Good to know that you can turn the auto aim off. I still found a lot of the menus to be pretty frustrating with how you have to mouse over to select different equipment slots rather than being able to WASD around. I'm sure that I would eventually get used to it. I just feels like the kb/m layout was an afterthought.
Which menu do you mean?
The entire UI is used with WASD and then left click to accept and right click to cancel.
The only menu I know where you use the mouse is when you hold down the left/right item button and open the quick wheel to select stuff and which point you have to move the mouse into the direction of the item you want. That I can see taking a bit of getting used to if you never used such a menu before.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone bought the game from a third party site like cdkeys.com ? It's 30€ right now on cdkeys and i was wondering if it includes the preorder bonus.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Has anyone bought the game from a third party site like cdkeys.com ? It's 30€ right now on cdkeys and i was wondering if it includes the preorder bonus.
I bought it from cdkeys when it was 23€ and it usually has the preorder stuff but i can't give you a 100% answer for this cause it could be a "pre-order on steam only" thing.

What's wrong with a little fun? Nobody is gonna get upset by that.
Well, the game's title alone makes people shitpost and drive by post, so I can see why he wants to keep the fires a little lower than they will be

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone going to be playing on PS4 in like 3 hours?

I'm trying to keep away from inflammatory OT titles since this game has enough controversy in it's related threads without an invitation in the title, honestly.
I think it's an elephant in the room type thing that needs to be acknowledged. I don't mind having a sense of humour about it.

I dont think he is saying its offensive, but the the title will invite the trolls and shit posters

I was thinking the opposite. If the OT looks like it doesn't have a title that acknowledges "game isn't kojima so it's not metal gear hurr durr", then the asshats flow in to tell us the "facts".

Worst case scenario we get the kids involved. Did we want to give them a heads up/prep the thread in advance for a mod edit in OP that way it cuts down on shitposts immediately?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
did you accidentally set the framerate to 30 lock?
The game seems to be locked to a maximum of 60 but it never dropped under that for me.

Nah it's varying between 40 and 60, which is a little bit weird.

edit : now the game crashed in the middle of a match...it's getting annoying

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nah it's varying between 40 and 60, which is a little bit weird.

edit : now the game crashed in the middle of a match...it's getting annoying
hm that's weird, what kind of system are you running?
I got rid of the 60fps lock and on all extra high 1080p I get around 120fps at all times on a 1080ti and a 6700k

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've got this bought and paid for on Bestbuy.com. Was I supposed to get a code?
mb if asked a bunch of times already

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
hm that's weird, what kind of system are you running?
I got rid of the 60fps lock and on all extra high 1080p I get around 120fps at all times on a 1080ti and a 6700k

MSI OC 970. I put everything on low and now it's constant 60 fps. Not a big deal anyway.

I did my first normal and it's a doozy. We were at inches to win but I feel like I should change up my arsenal instead of having one sledgehammer and hoping for bullets to come my way

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the multiplayer would have been perfect for a f2p games with cosmetic for dlc. I really loved playing with friend but I wont pay 60$ cad for the multiplayer and a solo i wont play

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went into this expecting nothing, like everyone else I was like 'FFS Konami' but after trying the beta and playing it for the last 3 - 4 hours (and about to play more) I'm really enjoying it. Might even pick it up on release day.

One question, from what I can gather this (the Horde style quests) is only one part of the game but what else is going to be in it ? Any good summaries of what to expect in the full game ?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Went into this expecting nothing, like everyone else I was like 'FFS Konami' but after trying the beta and playing it for the last 3 - 4 hours (and about to play more) I'm really enjoying it. Might even pick it up on release day.

One question, from what I can gather this (the Horde style quests) is only one part of the game but what else is going to be in it ? Any good summaries of what to expect in the full game ?
It is rumored that there are other modes as well but nothing has been confirmed. We know the trophies speak of "raid bosses" and "hunts" and such.

Also the singleplayer which is a full campaign in two open world maps with base building and emphasis on stealth and survival

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My entire reaction to this game so far is that it's neat, but... Why isn't it a BR? I thought Konami liked money. It'd be huge.