• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Metal-Gear-Survive-Xbox-One-Box-NL.png

So, this is the final box art for Survive and it confirms the game will need a connection to be played.
It seems also the game will offer some kind of improvements for Xbox One X, in the form of HDR.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Konami, will not buy.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
That's unfortunate. I was actually kind of interested. Then again if this has any Mother Base building like MGSV, I can sorta understand.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only going to play this game in co-op, so it's a non-issue for me personally.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But it has a single player mode, why do we require to be always online just to play that?
Because the sp is tied to the mp. They share resources and everything, so if someone cheats offline, it will bring the cheated stuff online too.
It's like in MGSV, the game on PC is full of cheaters so the FOB stuff and virtual battles (or whatever was the name) aren't reliable because people cheated resources offline and this affects the results.
I'm not justifying Konami, but honestly I prefer an always online game you can play without the risk of ruining your experience instead of a game with no "protection" in which you can't win because people are cheating.
I'm sure Konami will patch the always online if the servers will shut down in the future...at least if they hope to keep on selling the game.
Because I'm expecting like 2 years of support at best.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Better "op" Xbox One X? What's that's? And yeah the box art is generic

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
HDR is interesting, I'd love to see some HDR support for MGSV. Metal Gear Survive being a standalone DLC thing to me is fine, I don't have any real problem with the concept, but the fact that this is all they're currently doing with the Metal Gear brand and barely even supporting MGSV or MGO3 just really hurts. I'd love coop for MGSV, and I'd kill for a remastered collection of all the mainline games for current gen consoles. They can do so much with Metal Gear, yet since Hideo's departure and Kojima Productions dismantlement, this Survive is all we've heard about. They're just letting a once relevant brand fade into obscurity.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
The cover looks like it's desperate to appeal to every Triple A demographic on the planet. The whole game reeks of desperation actually. It's rare I want to see a game fail, but if you'll allow me a bit of selfishness, I hope this game crashes, burns and lights the brand on fire. We don't need Metal Gear anymore, not in this form.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope anyone looking forward to this game enjoys this kind of shit, I'm sure it'll be even more prevalent in this one.
5652727cb1.png

f0f9235057.png